Evil Dead Rise

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
I'm guessing we'll get a trailer at Comic Con for sure, since the final print just got locked...

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
More details from this Bruce interview:

* Usual talk about how he and Sam and Rob were all involved heavily with the film.

* Promises the film will have easter eggs "honoring" the franchise's past.

* Calls Cronin's vision for the franchise 'memorable'.

* Says characters from this film could be included in Evil Dead: the Game in the future.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
Yep, I real shame. I don't go often in theaters anymore, but I went for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and would have went for Evil Dead Rise.

The 40th anniversary screening of The Evil Dead last October would have been the first time I sat in a theater since December of 2019, but I couldn't get a seat... and would rather go see Evil Dead Rise at my local theater than pay for another streaming service since there is nothing else on HBOMax I want to watch.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
I will grain of salt the above comment (I remember the pre-press for the remake all too well)!

BUT, here is some good news for UK-based folks - you're getting a theatrical release per NME!

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
Weird that they didn't announce a date.

I saw someone hypothesize that HBO Max leaving Evil Dead Rise off of lists means they might delay the release, but they seem to be weighing a theatrical run based on the reaction at the screening in California... and Bruce kind of hints at that saying "maybe in the fall" in the end of this interview.

Deadite_Scholar

S-Mart Clerk
I saw someone hypothesize that HBO Max leaving Evil Dead Rise off of lists means they might delay the release, but they seem to be weighing a theatrical run based on the reaction at the screening in California... and Bruce kind of hints at that saying "maybe in the fall" in the end of this interview.

That will really suck if true.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Via Inverse, Bruce says "It was gonna stream through HBO Max. But we just had the latest test screening of the finished film, and it scored so high they're considering going against that and doing a theatrical release this fall. Otherwise, it'll be early 2023 on streaming.."

He also confirms that he was involved with the Foley process (as he always is) and that it will knock our socks off, etc.

Top Bottom