Would anyone consider the Pet Sematary creatures as deadites?

Skywalker1982

S-Mart Clerk
Afterall the dead bodies of Gage Creed, Timmy Batterman, Rachel, Gus in the film versions's sequel along with the dead animals and other dead humans of PS 2 are similar to deadites in some way.

The dead bodies of the main humans i mentioned were possessed by a Wendigo (a bad cannibalistic, homicidal psychic demon spirit of Native American legends who can turn humans into cannibals and shapeshift) as it said in the novel that a Wendigo soured the Micmac ground and cursed it, for whatever dead body is buried there will return as either an evil possessed shell of it's former self or a cannibal. While the animals and the PS 2 humans were possessed by other demons in the ground and the dead corpses return as demons who come back to torment the living, just like Deadites and even possess knowledge/secrets of living humans.

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
Sure. Anything possessed by demonic forces could be considered deadites.

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Yeah I reckon so .... now I think about it, the main demon in Pumpkinhead (aka Vengence The Demon) had white eyes and the film even had a cameo from Tom Sullivan's book of the dead. I've always thought of demons and deadites as simply string puppets controlled by a more powerful evil force .... get rid of the force and there's no need to fight the string puppets.

Skywalker1982

S-Mart Clerk
Swofty said:
Yeah I reckon so .... now I think about it, the main demon in Pumpkinhead (aka Vengence The Demon) had white eyes and the film even had a cameo from Tom Sullivan's book of the dead. I've always thought of demons and deadites as simply string puppets controlled by a more powerful evil force .... get rid of the force and there's no need to fight the string puppets.

Yes indeed i noticed that cameo in the movie.

And do Wendigos bring the dead back to life besides turn humans into cannibals and turn dead bodies buried in Indian burial grounds into deadite-like demons or was that something King made up?

Mardeadite

Loud Mouth Braggart
Skywalker1982 said:
Swofty said:

Yes indeed i noticed that cameo in the movie.

And do Wendigos bring the dead back to life besides turn humans into cannibals and turn dead bodies buried in Indian burial grounds into deadite-like demons or was that something King made up?

While Wendigos are definitely beings of Native American folklore, (and they're pretty nast too,) I don't think they reanimate the dead.

Top Bottom