What should I do with a banned film?

T

TheLostInSpace456

I was given some DVDs from my two cousins and with these films came Murder Set Pieces, Antichrist, Grotesque and the unrated Human Centipede 2 when I did some research on them I found out that the DPP and BBFC still aren't allowing in to the country which I don't really agree with because the films are just bad in storyline plot and acting in my opinion. But what exactly should I do because I don't want to one day get caught with them but getting rid of them would be a waste I've still got all the hostels and I don't care for them much either so why should I get rid of these also could the people I live with be prosecuted in any way if the boys in blue find out I've got them?

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
As persecuting horror/video nasty fans/collectors isn't currently 'trending' at the moment in the UK, you should be okay as long as you don't start burning off copies for your friends or to sell/trade on the black market ... that's when you're most likely to get on the police radar. I think the police have bigger fish to fry at the moment than searching every house in the UK.

I'm a veteran of the fist two video nasty sweeps so never say never that it couldn't happen again. Just don't trade, sell or make copies .. don't distribute in any way including lending to friends.

T

TheLostInSpace456

That's a relief, thanks for the advice. I would have hated the  video nasties era!

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
It was actually quite good fun playing cat and mouse with the authorities. We'd hook up two VHS players and run off bootlegs ... the going rate was £7 for two movies on a tape or free if the other person had something good to swop. Here's one of our old adventures titled 'The MP and the tea chest of nasties'. Only me and SeeNoEvil know the identity of the politician  :wink

http://www.bookofthedead.ws/website/features_readers_tales.html

Top Bottom