Upcoming Evil Dead video game with Bruce?

eViL DeAdiTe

Loud Mouth Braggart
Staff member
Skip to the end of this recent interview Bruce did with horrorfuel.com

http://horrorfuel.com/2018/08/02/bruce-campbell-talks-life-after-ash-and-much-more-in-an-interview/

Bruce Campbell: “It’s fun to do voice stuff. There’s an Evil Dead video game coming too. There will be more of that. There are things that are there and that will happen, but aren’t worth talking about yet.

What could this be? DLC for one of the ED related games we already know about? Something entirely new? Mobile? Console?

Will it be based on the OG film-verse, or will it be another Lionsgate cash-in crap-fest?

Let the wild theorizing commence!

Elise41

Spinach Chin
Staff member
I really want a good quality console game but that's just too high hopes.

DeathLivesAgain

Loud Mouth Braggart
Skip to the end of this recent interview Bruce did with horrorfuel.com

http://horrorfuel.com/2018/08/02/bruce-campbell-talks-life-after-ash-and-much-more-in-an-interview/

What could this be? DLC for one of the ED related games we already know about? Something entirely new? Mobile? Console?

Will it be based on the OG film-verse, or will it be another Lionsgate cash-in crap-fest?

Let the wild theorizing commence!

I have a strong inclination that there will be a proper full-blown follow-up to Ash Vs Evil Dead as a videogame (a season 4, in essence).

It's a no-brainer.

They've used videogames to fulfill sequel desires.
After Army Of Darkness, there was a curiosity to see the story continue with Ash being back in present day and how does he deal with everything that happened and what of the book?
So they made Evil Dead: Hail To The King.

But what we've always really wanted to see (after the Evil seemingly following him back to present day) was a full-blown Evil takeover with mass hysteria.
So we got a follow-up Evil Dead: Fistful Of Boomstick.

So that pretty much took care of that itch.
Those two games must have been successful because they decided to make another and probably thought: "Well, what about all his dead friends? Wouldn't Ash be implicated in those murders? I mean, he literally hacked up his friends. But we already did a follow-up to the films. ... What if? What if Ash didn't go back in time and was left at the cabin, escaping as a sole survivor, but he has to deal with the fact that he hacked his friends up."
So they went the 'Ash goes to a crazy-house (asylum) and witnesses Evil unleashed on the world' route. Evil Dead: Regeneration. Sort of a rehash of Fistful Of Boomstick, but with a lot more creativity this time.

So the continuation-itch was tickled.

Now that we got an actual live-action continuation and are left with a wonderful ending setup at the end of Season 3 (just like Army Of Darkness and it's Director's Cut alternate ending), we can explore a Post-Apocalyptic Ash, which is already one aspect they could have explored with another videogame already (and kinda did in Regeneration)(What if we started from the end of the Director's Cut of Army Of Darkness?). So this new game will explore both the itch for a Season 4 and an itch for a follow up to the Director's Cut of Army Of Darkness.

I have no idea if Bruce is referring to an actual proper console game. I'm guessing not because of the state of video-gaming today with all those dumb loot-crate stuffed app-fuckers.

But I have very little doubt that a follow-up to Season 3 (and/or Army Of Darkness: Director's Cut) in video-game form will happen.

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
It might be the Evil Dead remake endless runner game I posted about earlier.

Mardeadite

Loud Mouth Braggart
Article here suggests it might be a VR thing.

"I have previous obligations I have to fulfill. They are doing a video game. A whole immersive kind of dealio. I’ll be Ash for that, because I wouldn’t want someone else’s voice hamming it up.”

It would be nice if it were a console thing like PS4 VR (says he who recently acquired a PS4 Pro.) Hopefully there'll be a non VR option for those of us who don't have that kit. Yet. (What a riot that could potentially be, though!)

Of course mobile software has VR now too...

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Yep, he's Tweeted confirmation he's doing that and there's also this interview.

ETA: apparently Telltale Games is attached to dev?!

Last edited:

SketchyGamer

Primitive Screwhead
Everyone I have a question, so this website says that’s Ruby is professor Knowbys daughter/related to them and wants revenge on Ash for killing her sister and thinking he killed her parents. So if she is, then how could she have been through thousands of years and known powerful demons and all of that?

DeathLivesAgain

Loud Mouth Braggart
Everyone I have a question, so this website says that’s Ruby is professor Knowbys daughter/related to them and wants revenge on Ash for killing her sister and thinking he killed her parents. So if she is, then how could she have been through thousands of years and known powerful demons and all of that?

She's not actually a Knowby. That was merely her cover story as she looked for Ash (her excuse to give to people). One would have to watch season one and pay attention to understand that.

DyD

Spinach Chin
Even if you payed attention it still doesn't make much sense in the long run and the impact it had on the story was minimal (if any at all). I think the "reveal" is nothing but a throwaway line in one of the last episodes of season 1, so don't feel bad about missing it. I'm a firm believer that the character was originally conceived to be an actual Knowby and that she was still a true Knowby in the scripts to the first couple of episodes, but at some point they changed their mind and came up with the "she was only posing as a Knowby" explanation.

Last edited:

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
Even if you payed attention it still doesn't make much sense in the long run and the impact it had in the story was minimal (if any at all). I think the "reveal" is nothing but a throwaway line in one of the last episodes of season 1, so don't feel bad about missing it. I'm a firm believer that the character was originally conceived to be an actual Knowby and that she still was a true Knowby in the scripts to the first couple of episodes, but at some point they changed their mind and came up with the "she was only posing as a Knowby" explanation.

yeah and in season 3 there's a callback which Pablo refer her as Ruby Knowby, just to confuse people a little more... ;)

Mardeadite

Loud Mouth Braggart
Great! I’d love a chance to play as each of the characters with their specific skills and abilities.

Ash with his usual chainsaw shotgun combo.

Pablo with his revolver and brujo powers. They could expand on the powers somewhat from the series, explainable in that he has learnt more over time, if the game is a sequel to the series.

Kelly with her.... um... loud voice? Heh. Joking aside, I love the character. Just trying to think of powers and abilities specific to her, to make her gameplay unique. I guess she’s got a melee combat badass thing going on, with the lump hammer, etc. Actually hand to hand she should be stronger than Pablo, and she seems to favour a submachine gun for multiple ranged attack. Mustn’t underestimate the lady. A good all rounder, after all.

I can’t speak for Ashes daughter. I’ve yet to meet her. Roll on season 3! (Must order that soon...)

MaidOfKandar

Staff member

Crow550

S-Mart Clerk
You'd think we'd have some info.... Possible screenshots or something by now....

Which makes me think this is most likely a Mobile game.

I just hope this a game we can buy & enjoy and not some "free" microtransaction crud....

Love something on the level of Fistful Of Boomstick or Regeneration.... On PC too. Uh less Hail To The King. ;)

Well see.... A sorta Mad Max Evil Dead to add closure to the Series would be neat.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
As someone who's played Hail to the King, I can only hope it's nothing like that even if it's a LOL rip-off ;)

Top Bottom