Trailer for Fede Alvarez' The Girl in the Spider's Web

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member

gcaplan

S-Mart Clerk
It looks great ! Was a big fan of the David Fincher movie , never read the books or saw the foreign films . Character and world seems rich and Clair Foy looks like a good fit based on Rooney Mara's portrayal . Not sure if it ties in to that one or if this is a separate universe ...... is this a trend for Alvarez ? Regardless I'm there opening day .

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
Yes it looks great! I still think Fede is a good director. I think he should be a good choice for a "The Crow" movie.

gcaplan

S-Mart Clerk
Be interested in anything he does , but never got The Crow but do enjoy the film just not like others seem to . I love how Alvarez always brings a bold vision to his projects .

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
In case you're all wondering how this worked out for Fede, the answer is not well at all. A month into its worldwide release it's only made 14 million on a 43 million dollar budget; it's Fede's first ever box office flop.

K100

S-Mart Clerk
In France the movie was in cinema for only 2 weeks, at least where I live, so I missed it... I really wanted to see it, I love both Evil Dead and Don't Breath.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
It's OnDemand and DVD right now, for those who're curious about it!

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
Mmm.... Reviews are bad. Seems Alvarez will probably go back to the Evil Dead world sooner than we think. He's next project will be Don't Breath 2 (A sequel that knowbody asked for) I mean the first movie was a success, it was a great movie but not memorable....It was 3 year ago....I don't know how much people will go back to theater for a sequel...

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
The thing about Don't Breathe 2 is that he wrote the script but says he doesn't want to direct it. So without his directorial touches I have no idea what a sequel is going to look like, other than Sam saying it takes a "refreshing" take on the story (so is it about Rocky's grown sister in the future? Follows the robbery victim to make us sympathize with him? 'Cause Rob Zombie already did it in Devil's Rejects.)

Top Bottom