Spiders trigger creepy nursery rhyme broken siren in the UK

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
The stuff of nightmares ..

(this post has been entirely cut and pasted from a different forum)

Spiders blamed after broken siren played creepy nursery rhymes randomly at night to UK townsfolk
A tormented mother living in Bramford Road with her two young children has been woken on an almost nightly basis by a tinny, distant rendition of ‘It’s Raining, It’s Pouring’. She said the threatening undertone of the song had left her frightened and questioning whether she was imagining things. After months of torment, she finally reported the unusual complaint to Ipswich Borough Council.​

“We took a call around midnight and immediately went to the Bramford Road area to find out more - we did hear the nursery rhyme playing from an industrial premises and it sounded very eerie at that time of night. We appreciate that people living nearby would find it quite spooky.”
“The sound is only supposed to act as a deterrent for opportunistic thieves that come onto our property, and it’s designed only to be heard by people on our private land. We are now aware of the problem - the motion sensors were being triggered by spiders crawling across the lenses of our cameras and it looks like we’ve had it turned up too loudly. We’ve spoken to the resident who brought it to our attention and adjusted it so this shouldn’t happen again.”

https://boingboing.net/2018/09/17/spiders-blamed-after-broken-si.html

This scores a 10 out of 10 on the creepyometer to me!

Last edited:

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
At least it's gonna stop happening. Feel bad for everyone who was living in the area 'cause eesh.

WHY DOES THE ALARM EVEN HAVE THAT SETTING!?

Top Bottom