Some WWE fans want C M Punk to play Ash

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
I was about to say dumb idea too...but It could be interesting if the role is extremely physical. He does have the profil for the job...Just need to work on his acting...He's a wrestler, you can torture him more than a normal actor... :p

I think a new evil dead movie without Ash is a mistake. They tried it with the remake and people were still begging for Ash. You can't replace an iconic character so easily. I don't have any problem to get Ash a James Bond treatment. Just need to find the right actor.

The plan for a next ED movie so far is : just bring another average joe to fight evil...Not really exciting.

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
No Bruce ? .. no Ash.

I'll happily watch further adventures in the Kandarian demon universe as long as it doesn't become some Transformers/Fast and the Furious level entertainment .. I'm not really interested in watching the further adventures of Kelly and Pablo either, just keep it raw and mean .. and no replacement Ash.

Morsoth

Loud Mouth Braggart
I would have liked an Army of Darkness remake working as a sequel to the 2013 movie.

For the continuation of the Evil Dead story in Ash's universe, it's tricky. Without Bruce/Ash, the success won't be easy. I also don't think Kelly and Pablo are popular enough to have their own series. I liked the end of the season 3, and I could see an apocalypcal series set in a world overun by Deadites. If you have read some B.P.R.D. or the Hellboy comics, the 'Hell on Earth' series was absolutely amazing! Something like this could be great, but they need to pick up right after Ash 'disapear'. We could witness the beginning of the Deadite invasion/prolification, and everything that happens before Ash wakes up in the future.

Morsoth

Loud Mouth Braggart
I think I read in a interview that they call the character Ash because this is the way he should end....

I also have read that lately, or it's in one of the Evil Dead documentaries on the Blu-ray... I recently rewatched the trilogy (first time with my wife, who isn't a fan of horror movies - she liked that!) with all the bonus features, and I think it was in one of them.

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Haha! Just find funny how Nash sound like a bad pun. So bad it's good, Nash = New Ash....

If I'm not wrong the name Ash is also a bad pun. I think I read in a interview that they call the character Ash because this is the way he should end....
I've not heard that one, the version I heard was that the name Ashley can also be a girls name so it was a poke at Ash's character not being uber masculine in the first film.

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
Punk was kind of angling for it too, after it trended he took a picture of himself at the gym with a Fright Rags Evil Dead Teeshirt on.

Honestly, if we're going to have another remake foisted on us, why don't do the Evil Dead musical? Plenty of perfectly valid guys have done Ash for the musical.

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Punk was kind of angling for it too, after it trended he took a picture of himself at the gym with a Fright Rags Evil Dead Teeshirt on.

Honestly, if we're going to have another remake foisted on us, why don't do the Evil Dead musical? Plenty of perfectly valid guys have done Ash for the musical.
A movie version of the musical? .. I suppose The Rocky Horror Picture Show was both a movie and a stage production so that wouldn't be unheard of.

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
I'm not a fan of musical movies...Anyway for the musical they should at least film it professionally as a concert and release it on blu ray.

As for the movie, I guess the best scenario for the new movie is to reboot the franchise and not do a total remake.

This is what they're trying to do with the new Ghostbusters movie. It's a sequel but at the same time it's seems to have it own story. they need to do something like that if they want to bring a new character. New generation won't be lost if they never saw the movies and the fans will be happy to get a continuation. They just need to bring a solid story and characters.

Of course they could do a spin of movie with knights of Kandar, but I think it would be better as a TV series...

Top Bottom