[Official Thread] The Evil Dead Remake - Mark your spoilers!

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
When it comes to anything regarding the next Evil Dead flick, there's been so much said that we never know just what is or is not concrete anymore. However, an interesting and solid little tidbit has fallen right into our laps.

Dread Central has it on good authority from a very reliable source that long-time Sam Raimi editor Bob Murawski (Army of Darkness; Spider-man, Drag me to Hell) has packed up and headed out to Detroit to begin work on the long talked about fourth entry into the Evil Dead franchise, which will be "a small indie thing like the first two."

We'll get you more details as they come, but it looks like this IS happening. Will it be the fourth in the series? Will it be a remake? Stay tuned. News is coming.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/45566/breaking-exclusive-new-evil-dead-film-actually-gearing-production

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
Re: [Official Thread] The Evil Dead Remake

Looks like it's confirmed to be the remake:
groovy_remake_dawg.jpg

Let's hope it doesn't suck.

Elise41

Spinach Chin
Staff member

I know some people may be excited, but I'm not. This is, to me, not an Evil Dead film. It's just going to be a film with the name slapped on it. The originals had a lot of the same people behind them, and their involvement in this film will not be the same. I really am not looking forward to seeing a remake. Just my 2 cents. They'll just remake everything until there's nothing left...

M

MoonSpider

I'd like to see it, but I hopoe it's a continuance.

I'd just like to see Ash on the big screen in Sunny Meadows, meet Sugar Baby, etc.

M

MoonSpider

Just read a tweet from Bruce, said it's gonna be a remake, not Evil Dead 4, so scratch what I just said.  8) :-[

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky

Elise41 link said:
I know some people may be excited, but I'm not. This is, to me, not an Evil Dead film. It's just going to be a film with the name slapped on it. The originals had a lot of the same people behind them, and their involvement in this film will not be the same. I really am not looking forward to seeing a remake. Just my 2 cents. They'll just remake everything until there's nothing left...

I think we would all much rather see a 4th as opposed to a remake. None the less, this one is should be different in that the whole crew will be behind it... at least I hope so. It should be interesting to see what comes of the idea which has been bouncing around for years. We will just have to wait and see.  

Names_Ash_Housewares

Loud Mouth Braggart

Talk about not giving the fans what they want, although the remake is no surprise I just hate the fact that us loyal fans of this franchise have been waiting since 1992 for a part 4 and we get a rush job of a remake.

And by the sounds of it wont even include Bruce playing Ash and without Raimi at the helm! I mean has Raimi had any input into this re-hash other than being the producer?

This is Evil Dead Non News To me and wont be watched, just like the Halloween and Nightmare on elm Street remakes.

evildeaddude

S-Mart Clerk

Glad I'm not the only one who feels that this is a bad idea to do a remake. Also I'd much rather just see Evil Dead left as a trilogy than get a 4th installment that turns out crappy. The director doesn't even seem like a good fit. Might as well get Michael Bay in on it....

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member

I'm actually excited about this and am going to reserve judgment untill I've seen it. I enjoyed Savini's Night of the Living Dead remake and later the Dawn of the Dead remake (for having the courage to tell their own stories and not just being a shot for shot ripoff like Gus Van Sant's annoying Psycho). Last years Star Trek was effectively a remake with the classic characters played brilliantly by new actors and that turned out to be my fav flic last year. I'm also crossing my fingers for the new The Thing prequel ..

If the Evil Dead remake's crap I won't watch it again and won't have lost anything except time. A crap remake also won't ruin the original trilogy for me.

Names_Ash_Housewares

Loud Mouth Braggart

Diablo Cody is writing the script for the rehash, she wrote Jennifer's Body.....

M

MoonSpider

How did that turn out?

M

MoonSpider

Ugh, that does not fill me with confidence  :-\

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member

It's probably going suck but I'm going to take a wait and see stance. You never know, we may be pleasantly surprised.

Elise41

Spinach Chin
Staff member

Names_Ash, you hit it on the nail for me. This is exactly what I believe. The ANOES remake was so ridiculously rushed and it turned out to be shit. I see this movie going the exact same route. I have no hope for it.

J

Johnny Starquest

Call it wishful thinking, but it would be cool if this was a sorta sequel in the end. It starts out like a remake but present day. the teens unleash the demons get possessed, yadda yadda. Then at the the end cameo Bruce as Ash makes his way back to the cabin after chasing that damn book all these years. He arrives just in time for a vortex to open and get sucked in screaming "Not again!"
Don't think it would happen but who knows this is Sam here so its possible.

M

MoonSpider

Huh, like the way you think!

J

Johnny Starquest

Thats is the only way I'd watch this movie.

Names_Ash_Housewares

Loud Mouth Braggart

Johnny Starquest link said:
Call it wishful thinking, but it would be cool if this was a sorta sequel in the end. It starts out like a remake but present day. the teens unleash the demons get possessed, yadda yadda. Then at the the end cameo Bruce as Ash makes his way back to the cabin after chasing that damn book all these years. He arrives just in time for a vortex to open and get sucked in screaming "Not again!"
Don't think it would happen but who knows this is Sam here so its possible.

...and if that led into Evil Dead 4 I would 'accept' this remake, but only with Bruce playing Ash again.

Top Bottom