New Evil Dead film! Evil Dead Rise (updated)

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member

DyD

Spinach Chin
It made me think of Poltergeist III. This could work and is at least a fresh take on the material, but I'll have to see how it does on a script level.
Honestly, the first thing that sprung to mind is [REC] (and it was actually mentioned in the Bloody Disgusting article). I hope they'll find a way to make it feel fresh, but the idea really isn't all that original. Poltergeist III, [REC] 1 and 2 and even Gremlins 2 went there. It's been done before. Well, at least it seems they're still going for some sense of claustrophobia and isolation with the location, which I believe is important to the Evil Dead feel.

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
Honestly, the first thing that sprung to mind is [REC] (and it was actually mentioned in the Bloody Disgusting article). I hope they'll find a way to make it feel fresh, but the idea really isn't all that original. Poltergeist III, [REC] 1 and 2 and even Gremlins 2 went there. It's been done before. Well, at least it seems they're still going for some sense of claustrophobia and isolation with the location, which I believe is important to the Evil Dead feel.
Agree, I think a better setting should have been in a old manor. Which later you could find that it's the Knowby's manor... Still cliché, but the setting and feeling would have been better than an Office Building....

I was hoping for a rural setting, something with an old farmhouse, a broken down barn. Imagine watching the POV shot as it races through a cornfield, or what it'd be like to face off against a deadite scarecrow.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
I'm willing to cut them some slack - especially after AvED and Fede Alvarez disappointed me for entirely different reasons. At least this sounds different, and the director's first film suggests he might have a different, more sympathetic take on having a female lead.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Pft, his expression in the thumbnail.

So it's gonna be a PC game then. Hmm!

Ryan W.

Primitive Screwhead
Hearing this news makes me wonder if the new Evil Dead is going to be a regular point and click style pc game, or something much bigger like a rpg that you have to sign in to play. It would be really cool to see them go with the latter.
Or maybe a Grand Theft Auto-type deal, where Ash and whats'-her-face drive the car around shooting up deadites, and Ash stepping out and fighting up close at times, as well as completing missions, like perhaps finding Pablo, Kelly, and Brandy in suspended animation. And why no console releases like promised before?

Last edited:

Nick el Ass

Spinach Chin
Ash and whats'-her-face
Lexx is her name, haha. My thinking is that the game makers simply decided to skip any type of physical release with everything that is going on around the world with the coronavirus. Plus it is probably cheaper for them in the long run to put something out for download like dare I say Fortnite. Now I really like the idea of giving the Rockstar crew a phone call to see if they would be interested in making an Ash vs Evil Dead Season 4 game since they seem to be in no hurry to make GTA 6. The amount of updates in the Evil Dead world would be just as endless, and you could have people cruising around with friends in the Classic and/or Deatcoaster taking out groups of Deadites.

Last edited:
Top Bottom