Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness Fan Film

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
We just got sent this teaser for an upcoming fan film short based on the Marvel vs. Army of Darkness comics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXFfKev6s2Y

The film is Produced by Duke Stephenson and Brian Rosenthal, Executive Produced by Eli David and Shay Dahlburg. The cast and crew are assembled from the best talent South Florida has to offer.

Cast: David VonHippchen as Ash Williams. Michael Angel Colon as Wolverine. Meaghan Lehrer as Gwen Stacy. Eli David as Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

Crew: Makeup FX - Keegan Hitchcock. Sound Recording - Steve Vazquez. Production Manager -  Amy La Gala. Production design - Shay Dahlburg. Choreography - Chris Frank. Assistant Director - David Griffin. Chief Technical Engineer and Head Gaffer - Eric Vilaire.

WTFLOL82

S-Mart Clerk
It's funny you mention "Dead End", that was one of the first fan films I ever saw that actually blew me away (back when every fan film was shot on miniDV and had to include a lightsaber, as a pre-requisite.) Can't believe it was so long ago now. And it was definitely a big inspiration in terms of trying to tell a small, contained story while still delivering "the goods".

Off topic, I just saw that article about those guys doing a Punisher fanfilm being shut down by Marvel. Gulp. We're 2 weeks from release.

T

TheLostInSpace456

can't wait to see Ash +Wolverine = GROOVY OVERLOAD

AshTray

S-Mart Clerk
That looks super awesome! I love the marvel zombies vs army of darkness comics n this looks well put together
N yea marvel is being very un cool to the fan films, there was a really good deadpool web series that got like 3 or 4 great episodes in b4 marvel shut em down it was non profit on youtube too ibdont get why they wont let anybody have ne fun they also had a buncha other ones too like the punisher n dare devil n such that got shut down too there were really good better than the movies...damn marvel

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
Oh man, neat!!  Love the visual style they went with.

WTFLOL82

S-Mart Clerk
Thanks for the kind words, guys! We're ALMOST there... it'll be released sometime within the next week, we're just waiting to finish 1 (semi-complicated) VFX shot.

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
Listen to the amazing score by Karl Anderson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOHSc9jSwm0

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
Now released!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dikqpremCl8

WTFLOL82

S-Mart Clerk
We hope you guys enjoy watching as much as we enjoyed making it. Hands down one of the most fun (and taxing) experiences of my life.

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Very well made old fruit  :) ... what kind of budget were you working with?

Reznar

Loud Mouth Braggart
Really enjoyed it!
Especially liked the scene where Ash gets the Iron Man glove popped on and the shot were the girl is wrapped around his leg. really nice homage to Army Of Darkness!

WTFLOL82

S-Mart Clerk
Bugdget? Lol. Not much of one. Almost everything you saw (props and all) was fashioned/built by various members of the production, minus Wolverine's jacket and claws (those were bought). 99% of the filming equipment we already owned, so it was just a matter of odds and ends,...hiring a makeup artist (who came on at a drastically reduced rate) plus feeding everyone for several nights. I'd say, grand total... roughly $2,500 USD?

Elise41

Spinach Chin
Staff member
Looks like the fan film was already taken down by Marvel Studios.

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Marvel took the 'marvelous' out of Marvel on that choice .. let's hope they change their minds ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEWpg_hKEcI

Top Bottom