John Hurt, fish and me!

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
I've worked in a well known UK supermarket for the last couple of years as a cook. The world famous actor John Hurt comes in frequently (he lives a couple of villages away) but I've never had the chance to nab his autograph as I've always had my hands full in the back kitchen ...

Anyway, I was promoted to fishmonger last week (still in training) and am currently learning to do those awesome looking displays that are a combination of ice and fish sculpture that stun the customers. John Hurt comes to my fish bar at least once a week I'm told and I had the pleasure of advising him on mussel preperation yesterday  8) .. we were interupted a couple of times by autograph hunters in awe, I had to remain proffesional unfortunately, I wanted to be a gushing fool and tell him he owned Midnight Express, Alien, 1984, The Elephant Man etc though! ... When I'm not covered in fish scales, I'll pluck up the courage to ask him to sign the Alien DVD I've stashed in my work locker just for the occasion  ;D

In case anyone doesn't remember, he's the Alien chestburster guy, John Merrick Elephant man, hell .... even Jim Henson's Storyteller from the TV show ..

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
..... not to mention playing Proffesor Oxley in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Olivander in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 1 & 2 and his appearences in Hellboy 1 and 2 and V for Vendetta ..

Basically, i'm more than a bit excited he's going to be a regular customer ..

Search his name in www.imdb.com and you'll understand why  ;D

Mardeadite

Loud Mouth Braggart
That's cool! I like John Hurt. Obviously I don't know him, but from the little I've seen he seems a nice enough man too.

Top Bottom