If I were Director for a new sequel.

CJMasten

S-Mart Clerk
While being stuck in class, I began a silly little project.  I thought I would put together a list of bullets, and ideas in case I ever awoke in a dream world to be selected to direct a new addition to the series.

It's rather vague, and was just for fun.  But would like some criticism or thoughts from you guys.

First, it would be continued from E.D. 2 acting as if, AOD never fell through, (I KNOW), but it's the only way a real plot could continue.  Also, before you move on, I would like to say that obviously Bruce Campbell, would not play Ash anymore.  I would select another male who could be a serious option in his early 30's.

These are more bullet ideas, than they are actual story lines , I ask you to read with an open mind.

(Beginning)
Shots of idle woods, in their Autumn form.  In the distance you can hear construction.  Wood breaking, hammers, sawmill.  Although you are never shown what is being built, or by what. (Will find out later)

(Inside cabin)
Floor shot slowly panning onto our main character unconscious on ground.
Cabin interior trashed, found as if at the end of first film.
(days pass) - Sun up-sun down sequence (similar to ED2 tree knockout scene)
Noises of more construction, warping wood, soaking liquids.

Cabin is repairing itself, it's acceptable due to it's (liveliness) and is happening even so while main character is unconscious, and would rather use it's energy to fix itself so it can continue the torment.

(Transfer to a house in a new location)
Maybe MSU. Meet a new character.  A younger male, let's say early 20's.
Pictures of when he was younger, with his brother. Now, lets say his older brother was, Scotty.
For years, this boy was curious about what had happened. It's only natural he would find out, through talking to people, he could find out where Scotty was going for their break.  I'm thinking, an older crowd that sold Scott the moonshine, had overheard where they were heading.

He finds the cabin, and crosses the bridge.  THE BRIDGE? (built in very first scene by unknown forces of course.

Gets to cabin.  Fully restored, not a broken item to find.  Looks at porch swing (homage to Scott)!

Goes inside to find, man on floor, in shock of all of the blood on the character, and chainsaw at his disposal.  He locks him in the cellar to await for him to awake.  (much like E.D. 2)

At this point, we've met Evil Ash, but haven't met Evil handless Ash.  Now how can we escalate things with Ash in the cellar, and Scotty Jr.  snooping' around?

Well, in the moment Scotty Jr. arrived to cabin and exited his car, up on a hill you can BARELY see a hand crawling on its own. ( I fucking love easter eggs that don't get overshadowed)

Scotty Jr. finds his brothers and Shelly's belongings in first bedroom, realizes this was his last known location.

That's as far as I have thought up.  I would like to incorporate the hand letting (Ash) out of the cellar but don't know if he'd be normal or just evil yet.  Or how we can activate the force again, or if it even NEEDS to be....

Because even in Evil Dead the force roamed the woods before the tape was ever played.

Anyway, tell me what you guys think of a Scotty Jr. storyline to further the fun.

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
You could have a scene where Scotty JR. opens a drawer and finds a load of old sepia photographs of the cabin being built at the turn of the century. One catches his eye .. a group shot. He flips it over and reads the names elegantly written on the back, a tall man in the middle is listed as David Knowby with his small son stood next to him within the small group pictured. Fans will realise this boy is a young professor Raymond Knowby but we also question how he could be born yet at the turn of the century ... I'm thinking Raymond gets pulled back in a time vortex somehow. We see a few flashbacks of the cabin being built, we start with the same moving shot from The Evil Dead coming down the dirt path to reveal the cabin under construction. We cut to a close up of the bottom of a cart wheel skidding to a halt, the camera pulls back to reveal the horse and cart and the Knowby Father and son with more building supplies on the back. Some of the locals don't trust David Knowby because he's a spiritualist and some follow him. I haven't worked out yet exactly what goes wrong but it would be nice to weave in Sam Raimi's bullshit story about the person laying the last brick on the top of the chimney being hit by lightning being David Knowby himself. Raymond Knowby runs out into the stormy night, grows older and after finding the Necronomicon as an old man, he feels compelled to return to the cabin to expand on his father's work.

Cutting backwards and forwards between Scotty JR. and Raymond Knowby's storys, a bigger story could be built, perhaps Scotty could read from the book and return Knowby into a thing of the flesh after his spirit appearance in Evil Dead 2 except as a good guy at the climax of the film to help destroy the current deadites. It would be fun to cast Bruce as a bearded David Knowby or even a 'last 15 minutes of the film' old Proff Knowby using f/x make-up. Maybe a few turn of the century deadites accidently get drawn back with him but remain evil (a bit like the Hellbillys in the Hail to the King game) . As long as it has a nasty ending!  :cool 

David Knowby blessed the cabin and an earlier version of the bridge on completion of the build. That's what annoyed the force .. that's what made it gain (at first) dormant possession of both structures (as well as the surrounding woods) until Raymond Knowby's foolish re-awakening of them in the Evil Dead. That's why the cabin and bridge can rebuild themselves at the start of your story.

I think it would be a mistake to first meet Scotty JR in a new safe environment far away because that would put the audience at ease for a moment. That was something I didn't like about the recent The Thing remake when we meet Kate in a café or wherever .. it took away the claustrophobia of the originals .. although admittedly we did first meet Annie Knowby and Edd at the airport in ED2. 

Top Bottom