Fede Alvarez announces he WON'T write/direct Evil Dead 2 if it happens but will produce; Don't Breathe 2 Next on the docket

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
Don't breath is a very good movie but I don't feel the need for a sequel. I think the movie was perfect as it is...Even with an open ending. (like most suspense / horror movies)

Did he really think Don't breath 2 would win the poll? Really? Now he know that his fan base is made at least 75% of Evil dead fans.

DeathLivesAgain

Loud Mouth Braggart
I'm actually a bit more interested in his Don't Breathe sequel mainly because Sam Raimi said it was the greatest sequel idea he's ever heard. Hyperbole, I'm sure, but intriguing nonetheless. I came up with a sequel for it myself that's totally unexpected and I'm really curious to see what he came up with.

Whereas the Evil Dead sequel I feel is a dud if he's not enthusiastic about it. His original idea for it likely involved being a segue-way into a film with Ash, but since Bruce Campbell has no interest in ever playing Ash again...
And Fede no longer wants to make the film (write or direct it) but only wants to produce, that just says he really has little to no passion for whatever that is because I think they did have plans (which involved him writing/directing) which are now nixed.

Top Bottom