Evil Dead: Soul Swallower Edition -FAN EDIT-

Cowlicker72

S-Mart Clerk
Goodday!
Ill start off on how this fan edit came into existence before getting into the nitty gritty.
I am a massive fan of Sam Raimi so when I heard somewhere online that its very easy to edit evil dead 1,2 and 3 together i was ecstatic but when I sat down to watch it with my mates we had some issues that really became apparent when we went from the straight horror of evil dead 1 to the bad joke comedy of army of darkness it felt like complete tonal whiplash.
This fan edit started as just a project to keep a consistent tone throughout the trilogy but over the span of a week it quickly evolved into a multimovie project designed to fix/remove bad special effects, Bad jokes and make the trilogy feel like 1 complete movie.
I have worked on many fan edits in my spare time (Only for personal use)
For the three movies I decided to use the same encoder releases (I do own all three films on multiple different medias)
So i picked FRANKeNCODE’s releases of the movies so each movie would be similar in bitrate and aspect ratio.
For army of darkness I used both the theatrical version and directors cut version to make one complete film, I prefer the directors cuts color grading for daytime and the theatricals cuts color grading for night time.
------------------------------------------EVIL DEAD 1 EDITS------------------------------------------------------------
For evil dead 1 I only had to edit 2 or 3 scenes as nearly everything is perfect already.

Cowlicker72

S-Mart Clerk

Cowlicker72

S-Mart Clerk
There will be many many more edits coming to this fan edit. Ill update as I continue editing.
Thinking of commissioning an artist to paint custom artwork for this fan edit.
The Fan edit will release sometime in mid 2020, 100% before halloween

FORMAT…: MP4
VIDEO CODEC…: H.264
AUDIO CODEC…: ACC STEREO
FILE SIZE…: APPROX 18GB
RESOLUTION…: 1920*1080
FRAME RATE…: 23.976 fps
LANGUAGE…: English
SUBTITLES…: NONE
RUNTIME…: 3hr's 40 mins APPROX

Morsoth

Loud Mouth Braggart
I love this! I made my own Trilogy edition, very similar to this, but I am no editor, so I simply cut the beginning and ending of Evil Dead 2 and joined the movies together, but I would love to see this cut! I'm sure it'll be better. Love the red blood instead of green!!! Please let us know when it's ready to view/download!

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Thanks for showing us this, I'm looking forward to your updates :cool:

Top Bottom