Evil Dead Game Finally Unveiled - It's DLC For Dead By Daylight

Kevin

Loud Mouth Braggart
As anticipated the huge game reveal that everyone was excited about turned out to be nothing very exciting. In this case you can play Ash in a multi player game:

Bruce also mentions in this video that this fulfills his contractual obligations.

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Actually that was just bruce doing his normal smartass routine at the end there.

I have a feeling this won't be the only thing we see on the video game side of things, there might be more on the way if bruce is willing to do VA work for the character again.

Never say never! :D

Guy

Loud Mouth Braggart
I'm disappointed as I was hoping Ash was going to be DLC for Mortal Kombat 11 in the vein of Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, Alien, Predator, etc.

I never enjoyed Dead by Daylight (much preferred Friday the 13th) and survivors don't even have unique animations in that game.

At least you can hunt Ash down as Michael Myers or Freddy, right? That has fleeting entertainment value.

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
So this is basically left over from contractual obligations....I also expect for Pablo and Kelly announcement as playable characters.

Let's hope enough success to bring more ED related stuff...

I know die hard fans would like to get Bruce back as Ash...But bring a worthy candidate and recast Ash, with a good writers team for a new series....I'm ready.

DeathLivesAgain

Loud Mouth Braggart
There was supposed to be an Ash Vs Evil Dead VR game with Bruce and Ray (and I think Dana as well) voicing (and possibly motion-capture). So, I don't think that this was what they were talking about.

They specifically mentioned VR. This isn't VR, is it? I've never played this Dead By Daylight. I'm still expecting a proper Evil Dead game to surface soon.

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
It's not VR!

A lot of my horror fan friends are super excited about this - I've not played it yet, so I don't have a real opinion! Looks like fun tho.

DeathLivesAgain

Loud Mouth Braggart
https://1428elm.com/2019/03/31/ash-vs-evil-dead-wish-virtual-reality/

Well, Dead by Daylight isn’t the only effort that will benefit from Campbell’s involvement. Back in October, when we interviewed Ray Santiago, he told us about the upcoming virtual reality immersion game. This is what he had to say:
“I know we are all involved. Pablo’s hair and mustache are definitely going to be on point because I had to approve it. I sat in a room with these creators in I think they were in Sweden and we talked about it for a very long time.
I don’t know exactly what the script will be. It will be very similar to things that you have seen on the show.”​

Guy

Loud Mouth Braggart
If anyone can get together some of his lines of dialogue for us to listen to, that'd be cool.

Ultimately it's just a skin with limited appeal though, as there's nothing exclusive about his animations or abilities.

Love the two extra skins though. Puppet hand!

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
There's allegedly supposed to be Ash-exclusive DLC involved at some point.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Ugh, I meant to say AvED; with Kelly/Pablo/Ruby being possibly released as new characters.

Top Bottom