Evil Dead 2: The Official Board Game

Deadite_Scholar

S-Mart Clerk
Just saw this on Evil Dead Uproot’s Facebook Page:
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05/28/kickstopped-space-goat-evil-dead-2-terminator-board-games/
I hope refunds are in order if it’s officially canceled.

No chance for a refund. I backed this game at about 150 dollars and have been following it's progress for two years. After months of false updates and lies from Space Goat, we found out that the company is out of money. They still owe BoDA (the company that made the molds for the minis) 15,000. This campaign has been one huge train wreck for the past six months or so.

Elise41

Spinach Chin
Staff member
Yeah they pretty much flushed everyone's money down the drain. Including a famous YouTuber who is pretty pissed.

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
What a mess.

If i had to make a guess based on the timing of how everything went down, they used the Kickstarter money to fund the last wave of comic releases that were delayed for ages. My guess is the comics undersold and they couldn't pay back into the Kickstarter, so they tried to reorganize the company but couldn't find more willing suckers.

It's a shame, their Evil Dead 2 comics were pretty good and the game looked interesting. Unfortunately it looks like the fish rotted from the head judging from the ugly crap that SB said to various employees of theirs.

Which youtuber, Elise?

Guy

Loud Mouth Braggart
I lost a shitload of money on this, and am now genuinely hesitant to go near the Army of Darkness Kickstarter because of it.

Elise41

Spinach Chin
Staff member
What a mess.

If i had to make a guess based on the timing of how everything went down, they used the Kickstarter money to fund the last wave of comic releases that were delayed for ages. My guess is the comics undersold and they couldn't pay back into the Kickstarter, so they tried to reorganize the company but couldn't find more willing suckers.

It's a shame, their Evil Dead 2 comics were pretty good and the game looked interesting. Unfortunately it looks like the fish rottedfrom the head judging from the ugly crap that SB said to various employees of theirs.

Which youtuber, Elise?

Angry Joe

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
What a mess.

It's a shame, their Evil Dead 2 comics were pretty good and the game looked interesting. Unfortunately it looks like the fish rottedfrom the head judging from the ugly crap that SB said to various employees of theirs.

Which youtuber, Elise?
I don't have enough to go on about this .. on one hand, I've worked inside organisations where women are treated badly .. on the other hand, I've worked inside organisations where women have very skilfully pretended to be treated badly .. we'd only have accusations to go on at the moment (the allegations of violent and sexual language used) but, yes, his frank apology does lend weight to these allegations .. I'm leaning towards him having immature management skills although he could also being told now what to write by a lawyer ..

An earlier poster in this thread stated that he managed to raise $90,000 when he was only originally asking for $15,000 seed money so I think Elise's suggestion that he was probably 'juggling' that money to invest in his comic books sounds very likely .. it's a shame for all concerned, the game itself looked good .. perhaps one of the prototypes will end up for sale one day ?

DyD

Spinach Chin
he managed to raise $90,000 when he was only originally asking for $15,000

Are you talking about the kickstarter? He asked for $70,000 and managed to raise a whopping $722,622 on that one. That was to produce a boardgame that's already been confirmed will never be produced and delivered to the 6,000 people who paid for it. There was also another simultaneous kickstarter for a boardgame based on The Terminator that raised more than $200,000. That one won't ever see the light of day either. If you add the two together you get nearly $1,000,000 taken from over 8,000 backers who will never get what they paid for. Now they're saying there's no money left to refund the backers, so God knows what he did with all that money. Wanna add insult to injury? Not too long ago he also started another campaign to get the public to invest in his company and help save it. Given the mess going on with the kickstarters, it's no surprise that campaign failed miserably. Add to all of that the abuse and sexual misconduct accusations and the future of the company/his career is starting to look pretty grim.

Last edited:

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
@Guy - Dynamite's pretty reputable, so you shouldn't have to worry!

@Elise41 Eesh, that sucks for him!

@Swofty That was my suggestion, actually!

Top Bottom