Bruce Says More Evil Dead To Come

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
Very true. But beside Ash's characterization in AvED I often found the general humoristic approach silly and anti-climatic. To be honest the same could be said about AoD. But I think what maybe worked for a 1,5 hours movie (and the end of a trilogy) does not also suit a multi-seasons series. And we also talk about different kinds of humor in each installment: slapstick, homages to b-movie campiness … and dick jokes?

In AoD Ash was kind of a jerk and cocky but definitively not the Homer J. Simpson moron from AvED. The best Ash is indeed the one from Evil Dead 2. Some said the character is not fully developed, I think It just enough to care about the him. In ED2 we don't know shit about him, (job, personal life etc...) But who care!? He just a regular guy at the wrong place at the wrong moment. They just put too much emphasis on this to the point it became caricatural...

...and yes, Dick and fart jokes should not belong in the ED universe...If they bring comedy back in the franchise, they need to do it wisely...They will need to look elsewhere than in their underwear to find inspiration...

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
They should totally get Bruce's son Andy to play Ash.

K100

S-Mart Clerk
https://bloody-disgusting.com/exclu...-evil-dead-movie-says-remake-canon-exclusive/

So, Raimi, Tapert and Campbell are working on a new movie. They have multiple ideas. One if Campbell change his mind and return as Ash, one if Alvarez want to return, and another one if they can't do the fist or second Idea.

And it seem like Raimi is disappointed about Campbell decision to never play Ash again, and he really want him to return.

Last edited:

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
https://bloody-disgusting.com/exclu...-evil-dead-movie-says-remake-canon-exclusive/

So, Raimi, Tapert and Campbell are working on a new movie. They have multiple ideas. One if Campbell change his mind and return as Ash, one if Alvarez want to return, and another one if they can't do the fist or second Idea.

And it seem like Raimi is disappointed about Campbell decision to never play Ash again, and he really want him to return.

Well my bet is, Bruce will not refuse a paycheck and a chance to work with Sam Raimi one more time. There's good chance he might change his mind. (Not the first time) Bruce likes publicity and we must admit, he likes to throw some bs to the media. I may be wrong, but I'm waiting the famous post : "Ok ok, just one more time, after I'm done with the character"

Anyway, If Sam Raimi is behind it 100% as a director (with or without Ash). Big chance it will be better than the TV series.

The other point is, the last Fede movie The girl in the spider web was kind of a flop. So there's also a good chance to see a sequel for the remake soon. I don't think a lot of people are waiting for Don't breath 2....My opinion.

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member

Perhaps Campbell is 'doing' a Bill Murray?: he doesn't want to disrespect the fans by milking it? .. I'd rather have quality than quantity when it comes to The Evil Dead.

Kevin

Loud Mouth Braggart
Yeah I highly doubt Bruce is ever going to do anymore Evil Dead at this point. He spent the last year or so riding it home how "DONE" he is with the role of Ash. Fede Alvarez has also said he does not want to return to the Evil Dead franchise as well citing his intent on working on Don't Breath 2. That leaves the final option which is to do a new Evil Dead with a different cast and crew. Would be nice if Sam Raimi came in to write it but I highly doubt that as well. I want to be excited for more Evil Dead but I don't have high hopes without Bruce being on board of Fede Alvarez wanting to do more. Time will tell, this whole thing could just disappear as well. Wouldn't be the first time Sam Raimi talked about more Evil Dead and it never happened.

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
Yeah I highly doubt Bruce is ever going to do anymore Evil Dead at this point. He spent the last year or so riding it home how "DONE" he is with the role of Ash. Fede Alvarez has also said he does not want to return to the Evil Dead franchise as well citing his intent on working on Don't Breath 2. That leaves the final option which is to do a new Evil Dead with a different cast and crew. Would be nice if Sam Raimi came in to write it but I highly doubt that as well. I want to be excited for more Evil Dead but I don't have high hopes without Bruce being on board of Fede Alvarez wanting to do more. Time will tell, this whole thing could just disappear as well. Wouldn't be the first time Sam Raimi talked about more Evil Dead and it never happened.

3rd option is probably the quickest way to get a new movie...But with the current trend of ignoring sequels (Halloween, Robocop, Terminator), like it or not, it could happen...

Just a crazy idea...

Imagine Sam Raimi comes up with an actual Evil Dead 3 movie (No, no...It's not a typo, I really mean Evil Dead 3) Called it "Evil Dead : Legacy"

The actual idea would be to ignore Army of Darkness...(Maybe not ignore it totally but borrow elements from it)

Anyway, here's a very basic idea of a synopsis :

Imagine 30 years after the massacre in the Cabin. Someone reopen the case of this unsolved mystery (left members of Knowby's family?) They received a strange letter...the letter looks very old. knowbody know where this new element come from. But it's enough for the Knowby family to check it out. They return to the cabin.... The first parts of the movie could be about the investigation...Some reenactments about past events. This way you could do a recap of the previous movies and bring new elements. (The idea is that you don't need to see the previous movies to understand this new one)

Obviously things goes wrong at the cabin since the demon spirit never really left the place....You can imagine the bloodbath.

They eventually open a vortex which swallow the only remain member of Knowby's family....She go straight to the middle age....

Things get worse since the Knowby fall sraight in a battlefield...A battle between the living and the dead "The Army of Darkness" is currently happening...

After the battle they bring her to the King...(Yes you know who I'm talking about. This is how you fit a Bruce Campbell Cameo as Ash)

Peoples are confuse since they did not expect a second hero from the sky after all these years...The old King is Ash which was still stuck in time...(Which bring you back to the end of Evil Dead 2) He wrote the letter...He did not expect someone to come...All he wanted to do was to stop this evil thing once for all...

Since he could not come back, he decided to stay ,become King and fight Evil...Now he's old. He will need help to stop the Dark ones...They're about to finish the book. Someone need to stop them or the story will repeat itself....

Here's start an epic journey to stop the Dark ones and the Army of Darkness....Just add an epic battle scene with an old King Ash fighting Deadite one more time...with his chainsaw arm which he kept all those years for a final countdown....

Bring real horror element, real suspense, some cocky moments from Bruce and a bit of comedy and you got a all in one : "reboot / sequel of Evil Dead & Army of Darkness"

Last edited:

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
Bruce is there promoting Ripleys, so I imagine something might happen.

I love that they have forty million contingency plans. I have a feeling Bruce might come back in the end - and Fede will come back if/when Don't Breathe 2 flops. GITSW flopping was bad news for him re transitioning away from genre movies.

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
Bruce is there promoting Ripleys, so I imagine something might happen.

I love that they have forty million contingency plans. I have a feeling Bruce might come back in the end - and Fede will come back if/when Don't Breathe 2 flops. GITSW flopping was bad news for him re transitioning away from genre movies.

If Don't breath 2 flop, this will be 2 strikes and in a row....This is not good in Hollywood. Then he might reconsider doing a follow up to the Evil Dead Remake.

Surtur

Loud Mouth Braggart
I want to see Ash back as much as (or more than) anybody but the thought of a completely fresh story being directed by Raimi is exciting. Time will tell

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
If Don't breath 2 flop, this will be 2 strikes and in a row....This is not good in Hollywood. Then he might reconsider doing a follow up to the Evil Dead Remake.

IMO his Labyrinth sequel will be in more danger first.

Top Bottom