Bruce Says More Evil Dead To Come

Kevin

Loud Mouth Braggart
In an interview from May 10th, Bruce talks about his new show, confirms again he will no longer play Ash or Bubba Hotep but does confirm that more "Evil Dead" is to come and that they are not done with the franchise citing, "More stories to tell". From the article:

KT: I’m excited to see you’ve got the paperback for ‘Hail to the Chin’ coming out; I was a big fan of ‘If Chins Could Kill.’ Although when you were teasing that on social media, I think a couple of fans interpreted that as a little bit of foreshadowing of a new gig for Ash.

BC: That’s fine. Fans are always going to do that. Everyone’s a genius, everyone’s got opinions and the internet fans the flames. No, it’s all good. They’re going to see different versions, they’re going to be seeing more ‘Evil Dead,’ too. We’re not done with the ‘Evil Dead’ saga, more stories to tell.

The full article and more interesting tidbits can be found here:

https://www.inquisitr.com/interview...eys-believe-it-or-not-ash-williams-evil-dead/

I have no idea what to make with all of this. This seems to be listed separate from the videogame related projects he also mentions.

Maybe live action Evil Dead isn't completely over with yet. Or we could still get an animated series. Bruce never rolled out doing voice work.

All of this of course could be nothing but more importantly, I want to hear from you guys.

What do all of you think about Bruce's words?

Kevin

Loud Mouth Braggart
I would be thrilled as heck if we got an animated series that continued where the show left off.

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
I'd watch an animated Evil Dead series so long as it wasn't done in an anime 'manga' style. I just don't think that style would be suited to the Evil Dead universe.

K100

S-Mart Clerk
I would love an anthology show, like American horror story, where every season is a new story with new characters, but in the Evil Dead universe. It could greatly expand the mythology I think.

I'd watch an animated Evil Dead series so long as it wasn't done in an anime 'manga' style. I just don't think that style would be suited to the Evil Dead universe.

I think that could work ! (This is from an anime called "jashin-chan dropkick")

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
I would love an anthology show, like American horror story, where every season is a new story with new characters, but in the Evil Dead universe. It could greatly expand the mythology I think.

Not for me sorry but thanks for sharing that image K100.

Kevin

Loud Mouth Braggart

This would be awesome! I would obviously prefer more live action Evil Dead but would certainly settle for this. Don't think we will get either though really.

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
My kingdom for a GOOD comic book retelling at this point. It's been ages since we've had something good and meaty.

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin

I think Anime style would work best for Evil Dead...Just take a look at Castlevania, this series is really great! I don't want cartoony Evil Dead as an animated series. Not sure about CGI either, but could also work if done right.

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
I think Anime style would work best for Evil Dead...Just take a look at Castlevania, this series is really great! I don't want cartoony Evil Dead as an animated series. Not sure about CGI either, but could also work if done right.

Castlevania is one of the best animated series I have ever seen along with the 2011 version of Thundercats, and if they do an animated Evil Dead anywhere close to either I'd be happy.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
I've always thought an AOD cartoon in the style of Nick Bradshaw (who drew the first AOD comics) would be fun.

K100

S-Mart Clerk
Another confirmation that a video game is coming (not a dlc or a cameo):

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca...-campbell-still-groovy-after-all-these-years/

"My feeling is, we can absolutely do more Evil Dead … stories you can still tell, a video game's coming out. I'm still participating in that process, but I'm not going to get all dirty again and lay on cellar floors. I'm 60. I don't want to do that Star Wars thing where they're bringing people out with their walkers."

Edit: E3 start next week. I hope they will show the game !

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Update via Evil Dead News; interview via 1428 Elm:

Bruce has said that he and Sam are hearing pitches for reboots and sequels set in the franchise, and they want to do a humor-based remake of some kind. They hope Jane Levy will come back for more in the reboot continuity but say Fede is "too expensive"

Muzzlehatch

Loud Mouth Braggart
Update via Evil Dead News; interview via 1428 Elm:

Bruce has said that he and Sam are hearing pitches for reboots and sequels set in the franchise, and they want to do a humor-based remake of some kind.

Good news. If it happens I just hope the humor will be more mature and only one of many parts of the equation ... not the biggest part like in AvED.

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Good news. If it happens I just hope the humor will be more mature and only one of many parts of the equation ... not the biggest part like in AvED.
I agree .. Ash seemed to be an unlikeable 'asshole' in Ash V ED but then that's a natural character arc that started in Army Of Darkness (unless we count when he grew a pair and started to fight back in ED2) ..

Muzzlehatch

Loud Mouth Braggart
I agree .. Ash seemed to be an unlikeable 'asshole' in Ash V ED but then that's a natural character arc that started in Army Of Darkness (unless we count when he grew a pair and started to fight back in ED2) ..

Very true. But beside Ash's characterization in AvED I often found the general humoristic approach silly and anti-climatic. To be honest the same could be said about AoD. But I think what maybe worked for a 1,5 hours movie (and the end of a trilogy) does not also suit a multi-seasons series. And we also talk about different kinds of humor in each installment: slapstick, homages to b-movie campiness … and dick jokes?

Top Bottom