Bruce Campbell’s Retirements Makes No Sense

BadAsh

S-Mart Clerk
In this interview for season 2. Bruce enjoys blood, and can’t live without playing Ash.

More Interviews casting even more doubts on his retirement.

Last edited:

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
You should stop trying to understand Bruce Campbell. Not the first time he contradict himself from an interview to another. He was actually working on the set during this interview. He can't say : "I hate blood and I'm tired of it". His job as an actor is to promote the show as well. He's also executive producer, you can't say you dislike something about your own product. So don't take his statements too seriously. ;)

Maybe he's playing with the medias and fans, maybe he is damn serious about retirement who know?

We will only know when the next Evil Dead project will be announced. Meanwhile he will do anything to catch up the attention of everyone on social medias. Be sure of that. ;)

Reactions: DyD

BadAsh

S-Mart Clerk
You should stop trying to understand Bruce Campbell. Not the first time he contradict himself from an interview to another. He was actually working on the set during this interview. He can't say : "I hate blood and I'm tired of it". His job as an actor is to promote the show as well. He's also executive producer, you can't say you dislike something about your own product. So don't take his statements too seriously. ;)

Maybe he's playing with the medias and fans, maybe he is damn serious about retirement who know?

We will only know when the next Evil Dead project will be announced. Meanwhile he will do anything to catch up the attention of everyone on social medias. Be sure of that. ;)
In the other interviews. Bruce doesn’t seem that he is tired.

BadAsh

S-Mart Clerk

I’m just trying cast doubts on his retirement. Maybe Starz will bring it back? Who knows? Starz has nothing. Halloween is perfect to bring the show back. Maybe they already did season 4 or 5?Maybe it will be on Netflix or Stars?

Kevin

Loud Mouth Braggart
Bruce retired Ash because very few people supported the show which he loved doing. He was upset and wanted to punish the fans for not supporting him when he finally decided to bring the character back. He eventually used "too tired to do the character anymore" as a means to get fans to move on.

Bruce Campbell is done with Ash. He's internally hurt that when he finally got back into the groove of playing Ash, it was a pretty huge bomb. He simply wants to move on now.

Sometimes we all just got to let go of the things we love. I miss the show and characters too.

Kevin

Loud Mouth Braggart
I wonder how many people watch Ash vs Evil Dead Netflix now.

I'm curious too. I mean we are apparently getting a new Evil Dead film of some sort so I feel they at least think the franchise still has some potential. Bruce may be done with the franchise but hopefully they can find a solid way to continue the franchise without Bruce. I actually enjoyed the remake so I'm certainly open to whatever they come up with. Going to miss Bruce a lot though but he is 61 now. If he wants to retire, 61 isn't a bad year to do so.

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
I'm curious too. I mean we are apparently getting a new Evil Dead film of some sort so I feel they at least think the franchise still has some potential. Bruce may be done with the franchise but hopefully they can find a solid way to continue the franchise without Bruce. I actually enjoyed the remake so I'm certainly open to whatever they come up with. Going to miss Bruce a lot though but he is 61 now. If he wants to retire, 61 isn't a bad year to do so.

Netflix should add the number of views per show. Maybe there's a way to get these information....But It could be very interesting.

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
If Clint Eastwood can still play a credible hard ---- in Gran Torino at older than 61, so can Bruce.

BadAsh

S-Mart Clerk
Lucy Lawless said he was trolling in the interview. Not to mention Stallone is 73. He played Rambo. Bruce should go on a diet.

Kevin

Loud Mouth Braggart
f6c.jpg

Bruce has stated plenty of times that he's retiring the character because he has had several on-set accidents (broken hamstrings and the such) that he feels it's time to simply move on.

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
f6c.jpg

Bruce has stated plenty of times that he's retiring the character because he has had several on-set accidents (broken hamstrings and the such) that he feels it's time to simply move on.
Fair play to the man, he's been a very physical actor for his whole career so I reckon he can retire with honours. I'm still hoping he'll 'do an Arnold' and get into politics one day .. mainly for my own selfish reasons because my Evil Dead collection would be worth a whole lot more :p

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
Bruce is a professional contradictor. I say this as someone who's run a fan site for him for years.

He also has a tendency to blatantly say that he adores a project, then if it tanks or he secretly hated doing it to bring out the verbal knives when it's safely behind him in the can. AvED's ratings sadly stank from the middle of season 2 on, and the season finale for 2 put a bullet in it.

Last edited:

Surtur

Loud Mouth Braggart
Echo everyone else. Bruce is Bruce. Bruce does Bruce things, when he wants to MAYBE one day he might give it another go, but as of right now the cards are stacked against us. At least we’re getting more Evil Dead one way or another, and I’m much happier with them going new characters altogether than replace or re cast Ash. As always with Evil Dead, think positively and be patient

eViL DeAdiTe

Loud Mouth Braggart
Staff member
Between the directionless plot lines, and numerous barriers preventing viewers from accessing the show, AvED was on a doomed path. Netflix passed on the show when it was originally being shopped around, and rumour was that Lionsgate wouldn't sell the rights to Netflix for a Season 4. I'm sure Lionsgate owns all the original AvED IP, so even if Netflix wanted to make an Evil Dead show and not call it AvED, they probably wouldn't be able to reference anything from the Lionsgate show, and would be stuck with only Ash, and the Evil Dead 1/2 lore to work from.

Not to mention how badly the end of the show hurt Bruce. He went out gracefully on social, but make no mistake about it, he was pissed. Aside from the physical toll it takes on the guy, there's now an emotional toll to add to that as well. He still has to make a living, and will continue to be involved with future iterations as a producer, but don't count on seeing him in that role outside of VO work. Time to let it go.

Top Bottom