Borley Rectory

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Once described as "The most haunted house in England' by Society of Psychical Research member Harry Price, Borley Rectory burned down mysteriously in the late 30's .. I think it's safe to say that without Price's visit with a team of ghost investigators and later published writings about the rectory, we wouldn't have had the fantastic 60's horror 'The Haunting', a film that also had a large influence on Evil Dead 2 .. the legend of Borley Rectory was something I grew up reading about in the 70's as a little kid.

After a successful kick starter campaign, I'm excited to learn that Borley Rectory has been made into a combined animation and live action film and I've been told by someone who's attended an early screening that it's brilliant, the trailers certainly look good ... I can't wait to see this one ..

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
This is so cool, Swofty! Thank you for sharing!!

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
This is so cool, Swofty! Thank you for sharing!!
You're welcome mate .... I don't know if the actor Reece Shearsmith is known about in the states ? , he's been in tons of weird TV stuff in the UK, The League Of Gentleman being the most famous so he's pretty popular with cult fans of the macabre already ..

.. and the dark comedy of League Of Gentleman (no relation to the film)

Last edited:

Mardeadite

Loud Mouth Braggart
Thanks for posting. Might be up my street. I also like Shearsmith and the other League of Gentlemen guys' stuff. It took me a little while to get into League but then it clicked.

Particularly like their latest venture Inside No 9. Not as crazy as the League... but a very good anthology series with more of the dark humour and clever twisty stories.

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Thanks for posting. Might be up my street. I also like Shearsmith and the other League of Gentlemen guys' stuff. It took me a little while to get into League but then it clicked.

Particularly like their latest venture Inside No 9. Not as crazy as the League... but a very good anthology series with more of the dark humour and clever twisty stories.
Shearsmith and co filmed League not too far from where I lived at the time, the fictional weird village of 'Royston Vasey' was filmed in Derbyshire .. good stuff ..

Top Bottom