Ash vs Evil Dead Season 3 General Discussion Thread

Knight Racer

Primitive Screwhead
I strongly urge everyone to watch the first episode eof Ash vs Evil dead and see the difference in the quality of an hour long episode premiere compared to the 30 minute episodes we had to go with every since the pilot. The scene I'm referring to in specific is the 2 FBI agents investigating the disturbance in the evening. The quality they had back then to show how set up the thriller part of the scares compared to all the comedy we're seeing now. You felt more fear in that pilot than the last 2 seasons combined. IOf they only gave us what we wanted for an hour to set up better scares and thrills, the show may not be ending tonight.

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Eh, too late in the game for this line of discussion. But ill give my two cents.

Let's look at this from a business/budget standpoint instead of from a writer/director pov for a moment.

they had a decent budget at best for the 3 seasons they worked on but, doing hour long programs would've killed the show after 2 or even 1 season. If it didn't bring in those views within that hour long slot of time to warrent the budget of a hour long program, right to the execution block.

Another thing as well to factor in is starz lazy marketing tactics and terrible time management is what put this show under the ground faster.

Yes Ed is know for its break neck 1 hour paced films but tv show wise, 45 to 30 minutes worked better and it was cost effective for them to make it.

One last thing im going to add is that from i've heard is they had budgetary trouble with s3 and they had to space out what they could do as well. So i'm gonna say starz was out for blood by s3 when it went into production. Then the assholes put them in the grave early by throwing them to the big sharks and waited for their eventual death.

They were primed and ready to cancel it before it even aired they even waited till ep9 to announce they were pulling the plug and to add insult to injury they already had the subtitles ready for the finale promo to be selled as a series finale.

Now here's the real shitty part to this whole thing if they even wanna continue where they left off, guess who they got to deal with to get the rights and characters.

Lionsgate,Starz,Renaissance Pictures.

It's a clusterfuck waiting to happen and i just don't think the original creator's would have the patience to go through that crap to bring everything together again.

Last edited:

Surtur

Loud Mouth Braggart
@Joem1k I think that’s why so many people are clamoring for Netflix to pick it up, because they already have the streaming rights so the door is open. Plus if Netflix did maybe like a one hour special just showing what happened after the finale, they could A) answer questions, B) Base it on the GB which wouldn’t need Ash but not giving us a full season of the show without Ash, and C) be much cheaper and open the door to another movie actually with Ash. If Netflix did it this way and footed the bill, I’m sure Starz would be more likely to cooperate since they aren’t stealing the show. I don’t want to see a full season or more of just Kelly, Pablo, and Brandy either, so this would be ideal.

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
That or a mini comic book series describing the events that took place after the GB left and build upon the trajectory of what happened to the world and each character would be a alternative to think about doing if the netflix idea goes down the tube.

Last edited:
Reactions: DyD

Surtur

Loud Mouth Braggart
That or a mini comic book series describing the events that took place after the GB left and build upon the trajectory of what happened to the world and each character would be a alternative to think about doing if the netflix idea goes down the tube.

I could also live with that.

It would just be a huge shame if they never come back to Ash for the fans though. With the ending of Evil Dead 2, we saw it all happen, the rift opens and sucks him back to the past. With that finale, so suddenly he’s just waking up in the future, so the dark ones are still free or? What year is he in? Was he in a coma or being preserved to fight evil the next time it came around? I’m assuming he’s somewhere around 100 years in the future to follow the original AoD ending. This would be the perfect time to make an Army of Darkness 2

waifugenerator

S-Mart Clerk
I think the comic book route is the most likely, but I could also see a Ghostbeaters spin off if there's enough demand. Also
were there multiple giant Kandar demons around the world or just the one? The news segment wasn't clear if it was just a global deadite plague or if there was more

Guy

Loud Mouth Braggart
I think the comic book route is the most likely, but I could also see a Ghostbeaters spin off if there's enough demand. Also
were there multiple giant Kandar demons around the world or just the one? The news segment wasn't clear if it was just a global deadite plague or if there was more

I assumed one Kandar, but the world had all the other evil shit to deal with (including the still roaming Dark Ones). Also it was called Kandar THE DESTROYER.

I imagined everything came out of that book the world over, 1 of each demon (Eligos would have been one if not dead, for example) and near infinite Deadites.

Last edited:

Knight Racer

Primitive Screwhead
Not sure how to set up the spoiler drop down so I'll just mark SPOILER to not read ahead.

Anyone else think when Ash gave the tiny magnifying glass to Brandy that they may have intended that to help Ash return to the past by focusing on that object somehow?

Also the robot at the end working for the knights, anyone think she was a cyborg who may have been the offspring of Pablo and Kelly?

We all know the 2 people on the side of the road in ED1 were Sam Raimi and the 3rd producer. Anyone think any of the deadites were staff from the show or possibly Sam Raimi or his brother?

They used the line Filthy and NOT fine regarding Kelly a 3rd time and being 3 seasons that makes that line drop once per season.

The song space trucking at the end of the series is very befitting since they started the series with Ash putting on the girtle and getting ready to go to the bar in the first scene of the series with that same song.

Pablo and Ash also mentioned Kane from WWF is part good and evil like Pablo's Brujo abilities which is funny because in Pablo's first scene, he asks Ash to come over for Turkey burgers to watch wrestling. I knew they would have a few connections to the pilot of this series which is why I'm happy I rewatched the pilot and a few episodes today from season one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin

I don't know about another comic book series....I mean there's aleady did tons of AoD comic books series, and the ED2 comic books....They are not so great by the way, and look way too much cartoony.

I personnally prefer european comic books style. They look more like an artbook, mixed with a novel and a movie. i.e. : Nikopol Trilogy. (Check for this you'll understand)

The John Bolton movie version of AoD was pretty great and very european in style. Or something in vein of Heavy Metal magazine.

I just think they need to do something different.

Surtur

Loud Mouth Braggart
The comics vary wildly in quality but for the low price, I’m willing to read a new one. The only problem with them is they are not usually considered canon. If Bruce or Sam or Rob would endorse a new one to continue the story, then That would be effective.

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
I'm going to write a long-form deconstruction about what went wrong or right with the show. All I can say is that it started out about as strong as Starz wanted it to be (it rose to a million viewers for its season 1 finale), but a ton of things happened to drag them down, from the skeezy way they marketed the show on social media to the uneven writing to the unlikable and/or useless minor characters every season would have. In general, TED is a quick, almost frantic experience to watch in movie form. It was hard to translate that kind of devil-may-care feeling to an episodic series where we needed characters to glom onto and root for week to week.

Anyone else think when Ash gave the tiny magnifying glass to Brandy that they may have intended that to help Ash return to the past by focusing on that object somehow?

I love this concept!

You can get a spoiler tag by pressing on the button marked with dots between the smile emoji and the formatting button right above the text entry window, by the way.

Reactions: DyD

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Morning After Report.

It was a ride with bumps and bruises along the way but it was still quite the ride that ended with a bang. Now the delta has been put up to collect dust, the passengers that were here since s1 including the new tag along that came along for s3 have grown up and are off to have their own adventures and the mentor/teacher has gone off to have a nice long overdue rest.

Will we see this franchise rise again in the near future ? Highly unlikely from my point of view,but should the day come that the ghostbeaters and their teacher decide to return for one last ride, it will happen when it happens, if not, then it is what it is.

If they decide to re-visit this franchise with a cast of new characters, i'm probably gonna skip out on it because i had 3 years worth of investment with 3 characters i will likely never see again including the 1 character who should've been there since the start. To ask me to come back to this franchise for another film or show with a brand new cast would be a instant no from me, no matter how good it is. If something is over and done with in my mind, it's over, i ain't looking back.

As for this viewer/reporter, i shall be stepping away from a active role i have been in for the past 3 years and close up shop and go on a long overdue vacation from the blood and carnage myself. It was fun while it lasted but it's time i hit the road, but don't think i won't come back to visit, Farewell for now deadites !

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
No Joe, don't go!

I'll still be around, don't worry. Just winding down and stepping back my activity is all.

i should probably post this, been holding on to this concept art for a while (This was posted before s3 came out) but i figured now is a good time as any to post this since the finale is out and has been watched.

Nick Bassett posted this a while back before quickly deleting it, i managed to grab it before it was deleted. (And it kind of confirms where pablo,kelly and possibly brandy would've been for s4)

Concept Art.PNG

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Here's a fun story from dana about the time sam saved her from a escalator. *Proof included*

Proof

http://directconversations.com/2018...na-delorenzo-demonically-possessed-escalator/

In a recent phone conversation from Los Angeles, DeLorenzo said it all occurred at SkyCity, which includes a massive tower like the Seattle Space Needle, after Raimi wrapped up his work on the “Ash vs. Evil Dead” pilot.

“It was Sam’s last night in New Zealand and we were all celebrating. Bruce and his wife, Ida, were there, me, Jill (Marie Jones) and Ray (Santiago), as well as Sam,” DeLorenzo recalled. “We were at the Sky Tower and in the center of it — I can’t even give you the scale of it because it is so big – there were two escalators that were the biggest things I’ve ever seen in my life. They went on for days.”

At the end of the night, DeLorenzo said, the group was coming down one of the monster escalators when suddenly the jovial atmosphere turned into something that you would see in, well, “Ash vs. Evil Dead.”

“We were goofing around and dancing on the way down, and I’m the first one off the first of the escalators to turn and go down the final escalator. I was wearing this very loose, stretchy, spandex-y, very wide-legged jumpsuit, and when we got to the bottom I was starting to walk, and something pulled by leg back,” DeLorenzo said. “All of a sudden, because the jumpsuit was all connected, the elastic top – strapless, by the way – starts pulling down. It’s was truly like Kelly trying to get through The Rift and I couldn’t move forward, and the jumpsuit is slowly being ripped off me from the top to the bottom. This all happened in a split-second, but it was very slow in my mind as things very terrifying at the moment are, and I screamed instinctively. I screamed because in a second I was going to be standing in the middle of Sky Tower for all to see, naked!”

DeLorenzo said as she tried to hold her top on, Jones hopped in front of her to cover her chest, and “then comes this hero Sam Raimi.”

“He jumped off the escalator in his suit and gets down on the floor on his hands and knees and starts yanking the bottom of my jumpsuit from the evil, possessed escalator,” DeLorenzo said while literally acting out the madness of the moment. “He was pulling with all his might. He was ripping and grunting because it would not rip, and finally, on the third tug, they did, and half of my pants went up the escalator – they’re gone – but luckily, Sam Raimi saved my life. I was physically being pulled into the escalator because it was that strong. I was not only about to be dragged up the escalator, but humiliation-wise, I was about to be butt-ass naked in front of half the city of Auckland, New Zealand. After saving the day, Sam slowly stood up and started brushing himself off and said, ‘Well that was sobering!’ and everyone laughed.”

Oh and i didn't see this posted, but i have a feeling this photo is gonna be spread around for a long time to come.

Top Bottom