Ash vs Evil Dead Season 3 General Discussion Thread

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
@Kain
Wait,did press get the episode early ?!

Some times i wonder about how they do their business, they just hand shit out like it's buffet some times, and they wonder why some of their show's have low viewership. :rolleyes:

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
Some times i wonder about how they do their business, they just hand shit out like it's buffet some times, and they wonder why some of their show's have low viewership.

My biggest complaint about the way Starz has handled things is always that they concentrate so hard on live viewership...and then completely spoil episodes hours before they air on Twitter and Tumblr. Either you want us to mainly use the ap and OnDemand or ya don't! I still don't believe they spoiled somewhere up to eighty percent of the season with that Bloody Disgusting article.

Last edited:

DyD

Spinach Chin
Bloody Disgusting is claiming to have some inside information in regards what an Ash VS Evil Dead season 4 would look like as well as an apparently "success on Netflix":

Source:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3494996/post-apocalyptic-plans-ash-vs-evil-dead-season-4-exclusive/

So what do you guys think? Would a Sci-fi season of Ash VS Evil Dead be fun or what? Also if the Netflix ratings were actually as good as this article suggests, would this increase the chance for Netflix to pick it up?

I think I said all the way back during season one that's the format I wanted the show to have, with each season taking place in a completely different setting and time period.

Starz just released the final episode. I'm watching the finale tonight.

Also looks like Bruce is officially retired as Ash:

What?! Is that for the general audience or just for the press? If it is for the general audience, man, they're really dumping this thing on us now that it's been canceled. It's like the show's a burden they just want to get rid of as fast as possible. It's just like when halfway through season 3 they apparently started not giving a crap about spoilers anymore. I'm not complaining, though. I'm a firm believer that each season should've been released in its entirety all at once, just like Netflix does. I've a feeling it could've actually helped the show perform a bit better.

Last edited:

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
@DyD

I'm gonna say for the press considering how big this episode is, they've released the whole season basically early to them, it does not surprise me none they are getting a full view of the ending before anyone else.

NO MAJOR SPOILERS KAIN !! o_O

giphy.gif

DyD

Spinach Chin
John from BD has seen it. **GENERAL REACTION SPOILERS**

Yes, based on what some of us already know about it, that prospect for season 4 would certainly be interesting, but I have a feeling that if they didn't have the threat of cancelation already looming over their heads when writing it and they weren't already planning this finale to be the end to the show, that the ending to season 3 would've been far more modest, conservative and less dramatic. They actually did this back in the season 1 finale, when all the sinkholes started appearing presumably around the world, but when season 2 started that plot point was completely ignored. They just continued with business as usual as if nothing had happened.

Last edited:

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
I'm a firm believer that each season should've been released in its entirety all at once, just like Netflix does. I've a feeling it could've actually helped the show perform a bit better.

I'm a also big fan of binge watching shows along with the way Netflix keeps it's exact viewer numbers private because it allows people to focus on the show instead of speculating on said numbers which seems like people have been doing for the last half of season 3. Let a show stand based on quality, and of it does well they get to come back for more... but if it sucks they don't get a new season.

DyD

Spinach Chin
@DyD

I'm gonna say for the press considering how big this episode is, they've released the whole season basically early to them, it does not surprise me none they are getting a full view of the ending before anyone else.

NO MAJOR SPOILERS KAIN !! o_O

giphy.gif

You know, if it's just for the press, that's a whole different story and actually a very smart strategy. Maybe they're actually confident enough that it will be well received and they want a lot of early raving reviews to show up around the web, hoping it will boost the ratings for the finale.

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
That's good to hear they've kept it open ended for a possible return scenario, though at this point, highly unlikely

Fuck. MadMax/EvilDead, man what the hell is it with post apocalyptic endings never coming to light with this franchise. I would've been jumping up and down at that season!

Last edited:

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Bruce just wrote this on his facebook page. I'm calling it, the dude is retiring from the character and it does not look like his changing his mind about it any time soon.

Good people, Evil Dead fans everywhere, I bid you a heartfelt farewell playing Ash - the character I took acting lessons with for 39 years.

I am hereby retiring from that portrayal. It’s time. I followed Ash from his formative years thru his mid-life crisis and decline. What a thrill! What a privilege!

We had a great resurgence with the help of Starz (kudos not jeers, folks). They made it possible for 15 more hours of Evil Dead-ness in your life - the equivalent of 10 more features!

Is Ash dead? Never. Ash is as much a concept as a person. Where there is evil in this world, there must be one to counter - man or woman, it matters not.

Thanks for watching.

Love,
Bruce

Source : https://www.facebook.com/groovybruc...304/2044347955818081/?type=3&permPage=1&ifg=1

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin

Why oh why they didn't get earlier into that tone!? It's just so crazy, the world is falling appart! This is the kind of Evil Dead I wanted to see so bad. The trailer and the clip look like very promising.

@MaidOfKandar I agree 100%. They should have fired Craig long time ago....They shouldn't even hired him at the first place.

Panos

S-Mart Clerk
End of Ash doesn't necessarily mean end of Evil Dead. Bruce's line about "man or woman" opens up the possibility of
Brandy
or even Mia taking up the mantle should the franchise continue.

I'll take Mia over Brandy easily on this one, no offense to Arielle but Brandy really didn't do it for me this season (probably has more to do with the writting than the actress herself)

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
I'll take Mia over Brandy easily on this one, no offense to Arielle but Brandy really didn't do it for me this season (probably has more to do with the writting than the actress herself)

I'd pay money to see an Evil Mia up against Brandy as they were both fantastic in their roles, and one of the saddest parts of the show being canceled is not seeing Brandy grow as a character because Arielle to me was one of the best parts of season 3. However, we are all kind of jumping the gun... or dare I say boomstick on the subject.

Elise41

Spinach Chin
Staff member
Also got to the season finale, yikes! Not one to post opinions ahead of time so everyone can see it for themselves.

Crow550

S-Mart Clerk
Bruce just wrote this on his facebook page. I'm calling it, the dude is retiring from the character and it does not look like his changing his mind about it any time soon.

Source : https://www.facebook.com/groovybruc...304/2044347955818081/?type=3&permPage=1&ifg=1

Well..... If. A big if but if Netflix did pick it up then they'd offer Bruce a bigger paycheck. ;)

He's saying all this because he doesn't want to be hounded at Cons for the next decade with the same questions over and over is all. Just like when 5-6 years ago he said Ash was done.

If another network picked it up or another film.... Pretty sure Bruce would would change his mind.

At the end of the day.... We'll see.

Surtur

Loud Mouth Braggart
As far as Bruce and the future of Evil Dead, I wouldn’t mind a continuation of some form as I loved the 2013 film, but if Brandy was in it, would anyone watch? The “remake” was successful because it went straight horror, but someone would have to have watched AVED in order for Brandy to make sense.

As good as season 3 has been and the finale appears to be, I still think a film would be the proper send off. Maybe Ash could have a small role and we do get that Mia and Brandy crossover, while it’s marketed as a sequel to the 2013 film so more people go watch it. It doesn’t seem fitting to end it all in a cancellation

Regardless I’m going to watch Saturday and consider that the end. Maybe the dust needs to just settle for a few years, but I’m trying to put it in my head this is the end. The comics are...well it will have to do.

Top Bottom