Ash vs Evil Dead Season 3 General Discussion Thread

Crow550

S-Mart Clerk
My pitch for the finale.... One can dream....

So rift opens.... Ash and crew get sucked in and end up back in Medieval times. Ash goes to Arthur and Arthur starts to shout No like Ash at the end of Evil Dead II. Fade to black with text that says Ash and the Ghost Beaters will return in Army Of Darkness II.

I mean last I heard Universal wants to make an Army Of Darkness II.... So *shrugs*

Elise41

Spinach Chin
Staff member
Sooo, i just took a peak at the finale promo. (I know, bad)

But,jesus fucking christ, bruce was not kidding at all. That shit looks fucking insane.

giphy.gif

I'm looking for it. Where is it?

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
I'm checking around for it, Elise! Starz hasn't posted it yet, but it aired as part of the closing credits tonight!

Hurley

Spinach Chin
Still haven't watched anything from season three, but from what I'm reading, I wonder if I should try to binge it when it's all out… Or maybe just watch the last 3–4 episodes? Spoilers don't really bother me, I've deliberately read lots of them here on the individual episode threads anyway.

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Still haven't watched anything from season three, but from what I'm reading, I wonder if I should try to binge it when it's all out… Or maybe just watch the last 3–4 episodes? Spoilers don't really bother me, I've deliberately read lots of them here on the individual episode threads anyway.

I'd say give it a chance hurley. Don't just watch the last half though, watch all of it from start to finish so you know what's happening and you don't miss anything, everything is important in this latest season. Even if you read the spoilers, still watch it from the start and draw your own opinion of it, they do a good job this season building everything up to where we are now.

Muzzlehatch

Loud Mouth Braggart
I'd say give it a chance hurley. Don't just watch the last half though, watch all of it from start to finish so you know what's happening and you don't miss anything, everything is important in this latest season. Even if you read the spoilers, still watch it from the start and draw your own opinion of it, they do a good job this season building everything up to where we are now.

Yeah, I agree. I think I was one of the show's harshest critics here but I am glad that S3 is a real improvement from most of S1 and the disaster that S2 was in my opinion.

Kevin

Loud Mouth Braggart
Bloody Disgusting is claiming to have some inside information in regards what an Ash VS Evil Dead season 4 would look like as well as an apparently "success on Netflix":

Although expected, it was hugely disappointing to learn that Starz canceled “Ash vs. Evil Dead”, which will conclude its third season this coming Sunday. Even so, Sam Raimi, Robert Tapert, and star Bruce Campbell had been developing a fourth season up until the official cancelation, sources tell Bloody Disgusting.

From what I’m told, if “Ash vs. Evil Dead” had been blessed with a fourth season, it would have taken Ashy Slashy to the future. Think sci-fi post-apocalyptic, like Mad Max meets Fallout, only with…robots!

This would have been an interesting and exciting evolution of the series, which has been hobbling its way through a muddied and generic third season. Interestingly, this would have been the full leap into the much-desired Evil Dead 4, which was teased at the ending of Raimi’s initial cut of Army of Darkness. If you recall, Ash pulls a Rip Van Winkle and awakens 100 years in the future. Unfortunately, this ending was changed, but remains available in various alternate editions of Army of Darkness. This could have been the fourth season of “Ash vs. Evil Dead”.

While we don’t have any insider info as of this writing, “Ash v. Evil Dead” performed extraordinarily well for Netflix, and we’re hoping that Raimi, Tapert, and Campbell are able to find a streaming service willing to help them realize this wild and unique new direction for Ash and company. Hey, if Jason, Pinhead, and Leprechaun went to space, why can’t Ash?!

What say you…

Source:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3494996/post-apocalyptic-plans-ash-vs-evil-dead-season-4-exclusive/

So what do you guys think? Would a Sci-fi season of Ash VS Evil Dead be fun or what? Also if the Netflix ratings were actually as good as this article suggests, would this increase the chance for Netflix to pick it up?

eViL DeAdiTe

Loud Mouth Braggart
Staff member
If by some chance Netflix was to explore the idea of picking up the show, it would be happening now, before the cast & crew become committed to other long-term projects. Maybe they're not interested, maybe that conversation already happened recently and it didn't pan out, or maybe it's just starting now? Whatever the case, if they were going to go down that road, you'll likely hear something one way or the other within the next few months. Who knows?

Surtur

Loud Mouth Braggart
Well, now would be the time. They've no doubt had probably thousands of requests and mentions across all platforms. They are aware of the situation. It all depends on how much they would spend on it and if Starz would give it away. THEN, Bruce and co would have to be willing. Bruce seems hesitant at the moment.

Edit: Right as I posted, Bruce tweets "Big props to fans for the effort, but I’m retired as Ash. #timetofrysomeotherfish"

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
I like the man, but it is unbelieveable how often he can change his opinion, especially in everything regarding Evil Dead ...

"Ah you know what, this time i'm serious" - Ash Williams

His been very adamant lately to point out after ash he was settling down and focusing on smaller indie projects. His addressed this in interviews about his book and several other places.

He could change his mind for sure down the road, but as of right now. I'm willing to bet his dead serious about ash being retired for good.

Last edited:

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
Bloody Disgusting is claiming to have some inside information in regards what an Ash VS Evil Dead season 4 would look like as well as an apparently "success on Netflix":

Source:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3494996/post-apocalyptic-plans-ash-vs-evil-dead-season-4-exclusive/

So what do you guys think? Would a Sci-fi season of Ash VS Evil Dead be fun or what? Also if the Netflix ratings were actually as good as this article suggests, would this increase the chance for Netflix to pick it up?

Well, I always thought it could be great to get a Post-Apocalyptic Evil Dead. It's cool they thought to bring it back. Unfortunately it seem they are stuck at the same place as 20 years ago. Damn! Is this post-Apocalyptic movie is cursed or what!?

About Bruce Tweet. Well Bruce is great but unfortunately he change his mind every month. If they got an interesting offer, I'm sure he will put back his blue shirt. This is not the first time he is doing this. ;)

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky

I'd take anything from Bloody Disgusting with a huge grain of salt aside from the fact that Ash vs Evil Dead did well when it finally hit Netflix.

So i got the first clip for Episode 10. I'm gonna fucking cry dude, what a powerful scene.

Necklace

Holy shit, my eyes are leaking again.

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
@waifugenerator

Let's keep the discussion of the clip in the spoiler tags.

I'm gonna say this is the first time it's been brought up and physically shown, but fucking hell what a time to use it. Man what a emotional scene

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member

I'd say it's 100 percent worth it, Hurley - this seasons' the best of the three IMO. And I also say that as one of the show's harshest critics.

RE Bruce's statement about no more Ash ever - honestly, he was saying that for years before this show happened, at every Q&A he'd ever do, making fun of the idea of him being too old and too beaten up for the role. This might be the last ever full-scale Ash thing we see, but I'll never say never on it. I think he's persuadable with the right material.

RE the season 4 material

I have a feeling that that's what happens, he tumbles into the future when he destroys the final demon. I have mixed feelings about that (The comics have already gone there unsuccessfully), but it would've been interesting.

Ahah I've had this exact headcanon for years (Ash carrying Linda's necklace around with him as a good luck charm/out of sentimental feelings that it keeps him safe) and I never thought at this point it'd actually make canon. TIME TO CURL INTO A BALL AND HAVE FEELINGS!

This is 100 percent proof they should've fucking fired Craig before they did pre-prod for season 2. we could've had it alllll.

Top Bottom