Ash vs Evil Dead Season 3 General Discussion Thread

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Looks like lionsgate is not gonna let the ash vs evil dead brand die out that quickly, maybe we'll get a full fledged out game in the future ? (And yes, i can confirm. Ash,Pablo and Kelly are all in this game with outfits from the show. They really went all out for this. Ash's arsenal and outfits are pretty stacked and kelly,pablo to a degree. you can use a variant of chainsaws/shotguns or use ashy slashy or his possessed hand as a weapon.)

Deploy and Destroy is a first person shooter mobile game from Lionsgate Games and Apps Ministry. Lionsgate is utilizing its assets to include film and TV characters in the app, starting with Ash vs Evil Dead and Divergent.

Get a preview of the gameplay - including Ash in action - in the launch trailer above. You can play as Ash, Kelly, and Pablo from Ash vs Evil Dead and as Tris, Eric, Edward, and Max from Divergent.

Deploy and Destroy boasts real time multiplayer action, cinematic arenas, customizable characters, and PC-quality graphics. Additional characters will be added over time. It’s available now for free in the App Store and Google Play.
Source : http://brokehorrorfan.com/post/174184957726/deploy-and-destroy-is-a-first-person-shooter

Last edited:

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
Lionsgate sure moved fast on that game, and it looks fairly good... but I'm just not a big fan of games played on a phone although I did play the Army of Darkness: Defense game for a while until it became too boring and repetitive. I never messed with the Endless Nightmare game they made based of the 2013 movie because of that issue.

DeathLivesAgain

Loud Mouth Braggart
I've said it before but i 100% disagree, if anything i have no much interest in a movie that continues Ash vs Evil Dead without Ash. None of the side characters did much for me. I'd much rather we get an Evil Dead 2 from Fede than an Ash vs Evil Dead continuation.

Never said it should continue without Ash. I never want that either. It's all about Ash. I even think Fede's Evil Dead sequel should lead to Ash's story. It should all end with Ash's story.

I was just saying that I don't think they should continue with a sequel that has just Ash and not continue the Ash Vs Evil Dead storyline. For example: I really don't care for a movie that acts like Ash Vs Evil Dead didn't happen and takes place in the post-apocalypse, acting as sort of a replacement scenario for the ending of AVED 3. It should be about Ash and the relationships with his daughter and Kelly & Pablo. Now, if they want to do a solo Ash movie that takes place before meeting up with those people, his motivation being to find them... great.
Or if we find out that they died and Ash has to find a way to carry on or end things for good, that would be great too.

I feel that the character elevation in Season 3 shouldn't be torn down and if there is a future for Ash, it should focus on the future story of Ash Vs Evil Dead, not "Army Of Darkness 2: Sorry We Couldn't Get The Rights To Ash Vs Evil Dead".

Because without those Ash Vs Evil Dead characters (existing), what's Ash's story?

And I do think Mia should converge with the story of Ash and Brandy.
In my mind, she has a big part to play in that.
But that idea is for another thread going into theories for a Season 4.

Muzzlehatch

Loud Mouth Braggart
I could live with a movie sequel that is only loosely connected to AvED quite well. To be honest I would even prefer it over another installment that has to carry all the flaws the series brouht into the franchise. One last ride with Bruce playing a grittier, in a dramatic sense more emotional version of Ash and keep refrences to the series to a bare minimum like (I repeat myself here) Logan was a deconstruction of the whole X-Men Franchise - That's what I would love.

Guy

Loud Mouth Braggart
deploy-and-destroy.jpg

Surtur

Loud Mouth Braggart
Looks like lionsgate is not gonna let the ash vs evil dead brand die out that quickly, maybe we'll get a full fledged out game in the future ? (And yes, i can confirm. Ash,Pablo and Kelly are all in this game with outfits from the show. They really went all out for this. Ash's arsenal and outfits are pretty stacked and kelly,pablo to a degree. you can use a variant of chainsaws/shotguns or use ashy slashy or his possessed hand as a weapon.)

Source : http://brokehorrorfan.com/post/174184957726/deploy-and-destroy-is-a-first-person-shooter

It's funny how the series being canceled has led to almost non-stop Evil Dead news and rumors. All the cast's twitters including Bruce, all the speculation on a Fede sequel, Evil Dead 4, other potential futures, a blu-ray release in 3 short months, and now this game. I can only take this as good news that the franchise didn't curl up and die with the show.

Mardeadite

Loud Mouth Braggart
Season 3 is out digitally this Friday 5/25 and Blu-ray/DVD 8/21

http://deadites.net/ash-vs-evil-dead-season-3-arriving-digitally-5-25-and-blu-ray-8-21/

Looks like a barebones release. The only special feature seems to be Rob Tapert commentary. SMH. No word if there will be a Steelbook release or not.

Great news, and sooner than I expected! I guess I should wait until August and get the Blu-ray, but the digital release is tempting since it’s out tomorrow and I’ve yet to see this series at all!

Tomorrow or three more months?

Gnnnnn!

eViL DeAdiTe

Loud Mouth Braggart
Staff member
It's been available digitally on PSN and Google Play for a little while now. I bought it for both, and I guess I'll buy the DVD as well. Of course, none of this ever seemed to make a difference, as Starz only seemed to want to see live numbers.

Mardeadite

Loud Mouth Braggart
It's been available digitally on PSN and Google Play for a little while now. I bought it for both, and I guess I'll buy the DVD as well. Of course, none of this ever seemed to make a difference, as Starz only seemed to want to see live numbers.

A strange thing nowadays, eh? I rarely watch stuff live anymore, even things I’m following. Recently I was working nights, so I really couldn’t, even if I wanted to, but I rarely check the TV guides anyway.

I would have made the effort for AvED (work providing obviously) if it had been available this side of the pond. Actually the one place it is available (Virgin Media) it’s there as a watch anytime service anyway.

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
Further Season 3 news - Full season will drop digitally tomorrow.

Interestingly, the only person who appears to be on the commentary tracks this season is Rob Tapert. Considering all the other stuff going on that's intriguing.

(Sorry, Kain, I didn't notice your info at the top of the thread)

Last edited:

Surtur

Loud Mouth Braggart
A strange thing nowadays, eh? I rarely watch stuff live anymore, even things I’m following. Recently I was working nights, so I really couldn’t, even if I wanted to, but I rarely check the TV guides anyway.

I would have made the effort for AvED (work providing obviously) if it had been available this side of the pond. Actually the one place it is available (Virgin Media) it’s there as a watch anytime service anyway.

That's what bothers me about all this, Starz did not make this easy to watch, so people did not watch. Bruce has been playing the "you guys don't want to watch it anyway/just steal it anyway" routine but maybe they're related? Maybe people wanted to pay but that wasn't an option so they just stole it.

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
I just tried it, and it was.

This is not an Evil Dead game anyway. Just a way to promote a game that don't have any charismatic character to sell their concept. So they use this famous one to sell their game. Not interested, don't look good at all. Already a millions games like this online. Next.

More interested into a fully dedicated Ash vs evil dead game.

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
JMO Bruce's hesitation/hemming and hawing seems to stem from the fact that he put so much of himself into pushing the show to success. He said for years that he didn't think more him-as-Ash would sell to the fanbase and that he could see failure ahead, but he went in (and IMO went in about it the wrong way, since Ash very rarely felt like Ash during the show) and the show was pretty much a ratings flop from season 2 on. Makes me wonder if Josh Becker's firm "LOL Bruce never wanted this" stuff is actually the Real Truth.

Also I'm a realist about the franchise continuing with Brandy/Kelly/Pablo; I just don't see it in the cards. If fans didn't show up to see them when Bruce was still helming the show, the likelihood that they'll show up for a spin-off is very low. As for them joining Mia, it's two disparate elements that don't really go together. I think judging from Bruce's vague recent Tweets on the subject the next step is more Mia.

Also Starz is putting the show up for Emmys, but I doubt they'll score nominations. Would be nice if Bruce got a Golden Globe out of the deal tho.

Surtur

Loud Mouth Braggart
JMO Bruce's hesitation/hemming and hawing seems to stem from the fact that he put so much of himself into pushing the show to success. He said for years that he didn't think more him-as-Ash would sell to the fanbase and that he could see failure ahead, but he went in (and IMO went in about it the wrong way, since Ash very rarely felt like Ash during the show) and the show was pretty much a ratings flop from season 2 on. Makes me wonder if Josh Becker's firm "LOL Bruce never wanted this" stuff is actually the Real Truth.

Also I'm a realist about the franchise continuing with Brandy/Kelly/Pablo; I just don't see it in the cards. If fans didn't show up to see them when Bruce was still helming the show, the likelihood that they'll show up for a spin-off is very low. As for them joining Mia, it's two disparate elements that don't really go together. I think judging from Bruce's vague recent Tweets on the subject the next step is more Mia.

Also Starz is putting the show up for Emmys, but I doubt they'll score nominations. Would be nice if Bruce got a Golden Globe out of the deal tho.

No I don’t see a Kelly and Pablo show happening either. I would watch it and try to support it on the grounds that it would help the franchise as a whole, but I don’t see that going too well

Top Bottom