Ash vs Evil Dead Season 3 General Discussion Thread

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
That picture of Bruce is the best one yet from this promo shoot.

The First pre-release review has been posted, it's by Forbes is...interesting. No real spoilers, and some pretty brutal stuff about what the ratings mean.

And Facebook has a new AvED camera effect!

I wish they had done more with the cool pics and less with the daddy clips, and must also mention how I hate how Forbes has the annoying "AdBlock detected" message which I refuse to remove even long enough to read their articles.

A Facebook app via Twitter, and I saw someone pointed out that Dana looked like an Elvis impersonator.

Last edited:

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
deadite slayer has posted up her review for the first half of s3. (caution, some spoilers ahead.)

Source : http://www.thedeaditeslayer.com/post/171024594096/the-deadite-slayer-exclusive-ash-vs-evil-dead

It's good to hear that my guess on the who's your daddy stuff wasn't representative of the actual father/daughter elements in this season and its also good to hear that it's a postive of the season so far.

As long as that stuff is there to balance out the usual stuff we get with ash, i'll be a happy camper.

Sucks to hear that about dalton, but we still have a whole other half of a season to go so we'll see. But it's good to now have the expectations in check for him now.

I had a feeling linda wasn't going to present or returning due to hurds schedule so it doesn't surprise me that her character is gone from the picture.

Yes and Yes, its awesome to hear we will be getting two more full episodes with lee and them focusing on the repaired relationship with ash and brock then having them just bicker.

Nice to hear pablos story will be the big sub plot for this season as well !

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
I pretty much ended up whitelisting Forbes since they do occasionally have good exclusives, but they're one of the few exceptions I've made.

@Elise41 Always does amazing work!

I figured when Michelle wasn't part of the pre-release press something had happened, but to write her off with no explanation when they made a huge deal about the character is ridiculous. I'm glad she survived, especially after they made a huge deal about how "all of Ash's girlfriends die" in S1. I'm however 100 percent here for them ditching the girl of the season plots for Brandy and Ash bonding.

I'm really disappointed that once again Ruby's character feels pointless/rootless.

And I had a feeling Dalton was going to end up being a pointless addition. Oh well.

Elise41

Spinach Chin
Staff member
Yes, that would be me, I try to give an OP without giving away too much and always put a warning unlike Bloody Disgusting who pretty much pissed fans off immensely. I actually read an interview today that gave away WAY TOO MUCH about Brock and Ash and I seriously hope that not too many people have read it. I don't know what it is with Bruce and the press this year. They're giving away way too much!

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Yes, that would be me, I try to give an OP without giving away too much and always put a warning unlike Bloody Disgusting who pretty much pissed fans off immensely. I actually read an interview today that gave away WAY TOO MUCH about Brock and Ash and I seriously hope that not too many people have read it. I don't know what it is with Bruce and the press this year. They're giving away way too much!

I think bruce just doesn't care or it slipped his mind to be careful about s3 spoilers. Who knows.

Interesting thing i wanna bring up about the song choice for the main s3 trailer is the lyrics they chose to play during the final montage of the trailer are very interesting for sure...

"Take on me, (take on me)
Take me on, (take on me)
I'll be gone
In a day"

Given what we know so far and what ray said about everyone tearing up filming the finale, i get the strangest feeling we could see ash either A. Die or B. Ash is forced to travel to another dimension without them and is plucked away by some unseen force. It's going to be a sad ending to witness in general. :(

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
@Elise I just watched a video interview where Bruce drops major lore spoilers. I think they think that either the average layman fan isn't going to be watching these or they Just Don't Care at this point and have accepted it's the end of the line. Now I'm curious about the spoilery interview you've reffed.

@Joem1k

I'm pretty sure Ash dies at the end of the season, or they all die and transcend to heaven-as-Florida. Which is likely to angry up my blood fairly good. I know they're going to try to do it well but the point of the whole series to me has been that Ash should survive. But IDK. I give leeway.

Allegedly Podcast is taking questions for their interview with Bruce tomorrow.

Elise41

Spinach Chin
Staff member
I think bruce just doesn't care or it slipped his mind to be careful about s3 spoilers. Who knows.

Interesting thing i wanna bring up about the song choice for the main s3 trailer is the lyrics they chose to play during the final montage of the trailer are very interesting for sure...

"Take on me, (take on me)
Take me on, (take on me)
I'll be gone
In a day"

Given what we know so far and what ray said about everyone tearing up filming the finale, i get the strangest feeling we could see ash either A. Die or B. Ash is forced to travel to another dimension without them and is plucked away by some unseen force. It's going to be a sad ending to witness in general. :(

So what you're saying about Take on Me.

Has nothing to do with the season finale. Take my word on this. ;)

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
@Joem1k

I'm pretty sure Ash dies at the end of the season, or they all die and transcend to heaven-as-Florida. Which is likely to angry up my blood fairly good. I know they're going to try to do it well but the point of the whole series to me has been that Ash should survive. But IDK. I give leeway.

Allegedly Podcastis taking questions for their interview with Bruce tomorrow.

I feel like 3 seasons might be a good number to end it on depending on how they end it. Plus we gotta put bruce's age into consideration here and how many more seasons his willing to handle taking on.

In my opinion, i feel like ash's character should get a conclusive ending at this point, i feel like it's time.

It remains to be seen what kinda ending they will give him but all the tell tale signs are pointing towards ash passing the torch and well, moving on. I'll be happy with it though, ash deserves a peaceful rest all things considered.

Considering how they've ended these seasons so far, i'm willing to bet that it will end on a open book. It ends like a series finale but keeps it open for a new season.

@Elise41

I feel like the take on me song is going to play into something disgusting or play into a fight scene. Those are now my two guesses off that statement :D

I am interested in knowing what song bruce and lucy cover, that was something i didn't expect to hear come from this season.

Muzzlehatch

Loud Mouth Braggart
Don't you guys think, the whole Ash being killed in the finale thing might be a ruse and that even the people at BD might be involved? Like Lucy blurting out that her mysterious character is a Knowby long before the pilot? Maybe I am wrong but I guess when S3 was written they had a little bit more hope to get green light for another season. So I really doubt they would let Ash pass the torch to younger heroes. I mean the show is titled A S H vs EVIL DEAD after all. The only logical possbility I see here is Ash dying, but going to hell or another nasty underworld dimension to let room for more adventures.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised if everything we've been given is a big misdirection in the end!

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Re the above

Looks like no direct references to AOD at all this season. It's interesting to me that he supports the lean toward humor mixed with genuine pathos and I've heard mixed things RE that.

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
I feel like 3 seasons might be a good number to end it on depending on how they end it. Plus we gotta put bruce's age into consideration here and how many more seasons his willing to handle taking on.

In my opinion, i feel like ash's character should get a conclusive ending at this point, i feel like it's time.

It remains to be seen what kinda ending they will give him but all the tell tale signs are pointing towards ash passing the torch and well, moving on. I'll be happy with it though, ash deserves a peaceful rest all things considered.

Considering how they've ended these seasons so far, i'm willing to bet that it will end on a open book. It ends like a series finale but keeps it open for a new season.

@Elise41

I feel like the take on me song is going to play into something disgusting or play into a fight scene. Those are now my two guesses off that statement :D

I am interested in knowing what song bruce and lucy cover, that was something i didn't expect to hear come from this season.

I think they always talked about a five season run, but based on what I have seen from Dana and others in interviews they have come to the realization that the show could end after this season... and it could be more based on Starz than what the cast and crew wants. Dana just posted an amusing video about Kelly's future.
Also considering Lucy was singing way back on Xena I'm kind of shocked they hadn't had her do more of that on AvED, but I'm intrigued to see what kind of a duet her and Bruce managed to pull off too. Maybe Bruce could have a second career as a lounge act by travelling the country doing music the Bruce Campbell way.

Another new interview with Bruce from https://consequenceofsound.net/2018...ding-horses-and-imitating-dino-de-laurentiis/ about how it all started to where it is all going and/or possibly ending.

Last edited:

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
@Nick el Ass
Dana has such a great sense of humor!

Bruce has been super reluctant to sing professionally. I guess doing Highly Functional (where he plays a country singer) changed things for him.

DyD

Spinach Chin
Don't you guys think, the whole Ash being killed in the finale thing might be a ruse and that even the people at BD might be involved? Like Lucy blurting out that her mysterious character is a Knowby long before the pilot? Maybe I am wrong but I guess when S3 was written they had a little bit more hope to get green light for another season. So I really doubt they would let Ash pass the torch to younger heroes. I mean the show is titled A S H vs EVIL DEAD after all. The only logical possbility I see here is Ash dying, but going to hell or another nasty underworld dimension to let room for more adventures.

My impression is that Lucy's character WAS intended to be a Knowby, at least in the early stages of development. Possibly even after they had already started shooting the first couple of episodes and maybe even as late as some of the initial marketing for the first season. It wasn't a "ruse", they decided to change the character at some point. God knows why.

Also, from the vibes we're getting from the cast, the producers and the network, I'd be really surprised if this isn't the show's last season. The writing's pretty much on the wall about that.

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
cute little sitcom intro video they made. (slight spoliers)

kinda poetic/ironic that ash lets brandy stay in cheryls room.

Love this imagery though.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
My impression is that Lucy's character WAS intended to be a Knowby, at least in the early stages of development. Possibly even after they had already started shooting the first couple of episodes and maybe even as late as some of the initial marketing for the first season. It wasn't a "ruse", they decided to change the character at some point. God knows why.

I feel like the plotting with Ruby has been sloppy from the beginning, from the second they slotted her in and had to work around Lucy's Salem schedule. When they found out they had a second season there seemed to be plotting panic. The massively sloppy work about her backstory, the cowardly way they pressed the reset button last year; Ruby has the most potential out of all of the characters and I still find the way they write her a disappointment. At least Pablo (as of season 2) and Kelly's promise (as of this season) has been fulfilled so far.

Also wait what

They're having Brandy stay in Cheryl's room, which Brock basically kept as a shrine to her?! Like what?! Why not give the kid Brock's room, at least that's been recently lived in!

Wow, they're not holding back any spoilers at all good God. This is their b-roll season summary that'll be on the DVD but wow. Can we please show some restraint, Starz? At least the CGI on the Final Demon looks really good.

But again - why the hell does Ruby need her kid to be the new savior?! SHE WROTE THE BOOK. SHE'S REWRITTEN THE BOOK. The canon reset shouldn't have changed her knowledge that she can rewrite the book with someone's blood. Just dunk your finger in some schmoe's blood and change yer fate.

"Wait, isn't that the name of a beer?!"

I too am excited for the Ruby/Kelly showdown.

Also Dalton being a time-traveling soldier from the 1300s is at least a neat twist.

Randomly, I always get whiplash whenever I hear Arielle's real accent. "OH YEAH SHE'S ACTUALLY FROM THE UK"

Last edited:
Reactions: DyD

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Official capsules are out:

After being the hero of Elk Grove by defeating evil and saving humanity, Ash settles in and opens a hardware store; his peace is short-lived when evil returns with a target close to his heart.

Ruby gives birth to a form of evil and disguises herself to bond with Brandy.

Top Bottom