Ash vs Evil Dead Season 3 General Discussion Thread

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Joined
Aug 1, 2015
Likes
344
We got our first key art poster and a release date (Feb 25th). (Hopefully a teaser aswell later today.) 

[img=600x175]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLYFMRuW4AAl8nV.jpg[/img]

Source : https://twitter.com/jasonlynch/status/915925287044599809

And it looks like starz has stuff set up at NYCC as well. 
 
Source : https://twitter.com/theeBryanDodds/status/915922666447622145

That mascot creature looks pretty creepy and unsettling not gonna lie. (Nice to see that there going for more original stuff here in this season with the creatures, that's a plus in my book.)
[hr]
Here's the booth they have setup and we have a name for the high school "Kenward high school" 

Source : https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ3g9QHhrvl/
 

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
Joined
Mar 31, 2013
Likes
474
Hmm - on one hand this is a somewhat positive idea scheduling-wise.  The show will air from March through April, which takes it away from the holidays and football and baseball, at last.  March tends to be a time for reality show premieres, so it will stick out. 


On he other hand, looking at this teaser poster I absolutely don't feel any real Evil Dead vibes until my eyes finally track down to Ash's shadow in the corner.  It feels very Five Nights at Freddy's-ish, which isn't the intent (judging from the 

Deadite cheerleaders and the Brandy plot, it looks like we're going to have a pep rally massacre.)


Starz seems to at least be giving the season a nice push and a try, but I don't know how I feel about the clear focus on the aspect they're choosing to pull focus on.
 

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Joined
Aug 1, 2015
Likes
344
MaidOfKandar said:
Hmm - on one hand this is a somewhat positive idea scheduling-wise.  The show will air from March through April, which takes it away from the holidays and football and baseball, at last.  March tends to be a time for reality show premieres, so it will stick out. 


On he other hand, looking at this teaser poster I absolutely don't feel any real Evil Dead vibes until my eyes finally track down to Ash's shadow in the corner.  It feels very Five Nights at Freddy's-ish, which isn't the intent (judging from the 

Deadite cheerleaders and the Brandy plot, it looks like we're going to have a pep rally massacre.)


Starz seems to at least be giving the season a nice push and a try, but I don't know how I feel about the clear focus on the aspect they're choosing to pull focus on.
I get the sense there focusing on the school setting and theme for a reason, and i'm thinking it's because the stuff with the school is in the first half of the season. 

Given how big the later half is, i'm thinking starz is holding off showing the last half, plus they always promote that first half of the season, they did it with the first two seasons as well. 

I'm gonna be honest, this is probably the first time i've been creeped out by anything on this show and i'm not kidding there. I mean yeah sure it does have a fnaf vibe about it, but thinking about what the evil force can do and what it's capable of, i can just see it puking out that god awful thing just for fun. Can't wait to see what it can do when we get our trailer or teaser tomorrow. (Plus this poster doesn't really have the same vibe as the last two posters we have had, it's more, creepy and horrific.)

*Confirmed by ray* 

[font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont,]Come visit us and get a sneak peek at season 3[/font]
Source : https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ4MYndAFHI/
 

Crow550

S-Mart Clerk
Joined
Aug 28, 2016
Likes
24
MaidOfKandar said:
Crow550 said:
MaidOfKandar said:
Crow550 said:
MaidOfKandar said:
Bruce is now saying "maybe" February for AvED 3.  He's also blaming illegal downloading for the show's poor ratings and claims it's among the top most downloaded shows, but it didn't make the top ten for either 2015 or 2016.
Well it's entirely Starz fault. When Season 2 came around they offered a streaming only plan but it wasn't advertised that well. Signing up was another issue. Could you do it on the Starz website? No. (I think now you can.) Roku app? No. (Haven't checked recently to see if they finally updated the channel.)

At the time of Season 2 (I actually got a cheap cable deal with free Starz for Season 1) I could only sign up through the Android app and then login the Roku channel so no wonder most whom refused to get Cable and the addon package for Starz ended up pirating the show. Also didn't offer any type of Season pass on like Amazon, Vudu or Google Play at the time either....

What was advertised at the time is Starz being an addon to Amazon Prime & Sling TV though....

So they need to advertise the Starz streaming service better for Season 3 and consider offering a Season Pass option as well.... I mean DVD and digital sales do well....

Wasn't the amount of Seasons pitched for the show 4 or 5? Hopefully they decide to continue the show and let it wrap up to the original planned amount of seasons....

I also hope the Season 2 ender is some type of dream or trick by Ruby or they make sense of it somehow. Otherwise i've enjoyed the show warts and all and look forward to Season 3 even though I'll have to wait a few extra Months. :p
Yeah, they did a bad job making their cord cutting measures actually be cord cutting measures.  Apparently the Hulu deal is supposed to help with that.

I'm pretty sure none of the Starz shows have season passes except for Highlander?  Can anyone correct this?

It was five!
Uh oh then as many are complaining about Hulu's new UI design. I mean people threatening to cancel Hulu because of how difficult the new UI is.... Not good....

I hope they offer a Season pass for this.... Makes sense if the main viewership appears to be from Disc & digital sales....

They need to do a better job to advertise ways to view Season 3 and let people know.

This site should also do a News story that covers all the basis for viewing Season 3 as well.... I asked to do this to let people know when Season 2 dropped but was sadly ignored.

Hope for the best. We gotta let Starz know they need to improve ways that fans can watch & support the show.
Oof, that's too bad.  I was considering jumping from Netflix but I'm probably going to stick it out there.

I'm guessing they're not season passing most of them - I went googling and can't really find anything, not even for Outlander or Power.  It seems that you can only buy episodes individually, versus subscribing to just buy the series alone.  The digital numbers have been all over the place (they're not doing much in live fives and DVD sales are actually smaller for 2 vs 1) so you'd think they'd be more options to buy the show as it's airing.

I sense you weren't being ignored!  It's likely your email slipped through the cracks; Kain's told me he's super busy IRL.  Either way, I like your idea and I'm going to DM him to see if we can apply it to the site with credit to you once we get an actual S3 start date. 

The thing is that Starz makes it hard to actually offer options.  They launched the $9 cord cutter option just after AvED 2 launched last year, and for a lot of people it seems not to be worth it.  They have a tendency to (as far as I can tell) release the entire season after it airs to itunes/vudu/Amazon/Google Play/Youtube, which leaves the viewer to spoiler dodge, which can be annoying/tough on them.  I guess Hulu will have them same day or day after airing like most of their series.
I plan to jump on Hulu so I can catch up on Season 1 of Stan Against Evil. As well as some other shows & Movies then back to Netflix for Season 2 of Stranger Things.

Yeah must have slipped through the cracks. I decided to post it here as I have been a little annoyed with Starz as I want the show to do well. I used to post here years ago but stopped as well to be honest talking about just 3 Movies and a couple of video games can get a bit stale after awhile. No offence.

Maybe it's time to E-mail Starz and let them know we want a Season Pass option.... 

Starz streaming was decent last I recall as it offered a decent selection of Movies as well TV shows including their originals. The Hulu partnership sounds interesting. I recall when they had one with Netflix back in the day. 

Hopefully Season 3 does well and people legit support it this time around....

Er Cult Of Chucky got leaked before release and many went ahead and watched it (even some early YouTube reviews popped up).... Good thing Universal has a deal to stream on Netflix and such.

Yeah Starz needs to have ol Bruce do a goofy ad for Season 3 and have him explain the various legit ways to support and watch the show this time around.... Seriously.... I still have talked to some people who like Evil Dead but didn't know a TV show was on Starz or just thought they'd need Cable.... 

It would also help if Season 1 & 2 made it to like Netflix too....

Really if Season 3 can't improve viewership it's Starz not doing a good enough job to get with the times. 

That said the Season 3 teaser poster is nice. Yeah a very FNAF vibe but hey that's what the kids are into these days.... Look forward to seeing a Trailer / Teaser finally!

Really hope this new show runner is able to balance the tone better and really make season 3 the one to shine.
 

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
Joined
Jun 11, 2015
Likes
330
Location
NYC
I'm not sure how I feel about the high school theme for this season.



Ok. I don't have high hopes.
 

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Joined
Aug 1, 2015
Likes
344
For some reason i got a good laugh out of ash,brandy and pablo's subtitles considering what we know about there arc's this season. 

I say, let's wait for the trailer and not judge a book by it's cover as starz seems to be heavily promoting s3 in the high school theme for some wired ass reason as it kinda contradicts all the stuff we've heard about this season from the cast. (*MINI RANT* There whole marketing campaign plan should be torched on the spot and they should take a page out of netflix's book in how to market and pr a genre show the correct way. EX : Stranger Things)
 

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
Joined
Jun 11, 2015
Likes
330
Location
NYC
In case anyone missed the Facebook live Q&A this morning, you can watch it here:

http://www.deadites.net/watch-the-ash-vs-evil-dead-season-3-cast-facebook-live-qa/
 

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
Joined
Mar 31, 2013
Likes
474
Popping in with this photo from Ray's insta that I thought would be exciting for Joe; will come back later with thoughts re the marketing and everyone's replies plus tomorrow's panel.   Thank you for the Facebook stream link, Kain - does anyone have highlights from the AOL Build series stream?

My two quickest takes on it is that marketing feels uneven -  even more so than the two  previous seasons.  It feels like they're trying for humor more than horror in the poster art, which makes no sense when you factor in the spoilers we have, as Joe said, and the teaser and key art clash badly.  At this point I'm used to Starz' marketing team sucking harder than a Hoover so I don't expect much from them.

They're also really, really hammering the notion of Dalton being a Dean Winchester-like stud.  If they parody that stereotype that might be fun.
 

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
Joined
Jun 11, 2015
Likes
330
Location
NYC
Here you go:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rskpv2B7XkQ[/video]
Kind of cringey interview. :-/
 

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Joined
Aug 1, 2015
Likes
344
So the panel happened and they got a trailer and the first episode (Seems like were going to be in the dark for a while) but the good news is that the first episode was met with a positive reception and one person described it as epic and another person said "it's fucking bonkers" 

Here's some new photo's from s3. 

[img=400x267]https://i2.wp.com/bloody-disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/ash1.jpg[/img]

[img=500x333]http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/ash-vs-evil-dead-season-3-image-2.jpg[/img]
(The devil in the white suit) 

FYI, the guy on the ground is holding the book of the dead.

[img=400x600]https://i2.wp.com/bloody-disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/ash4.jpg[/img]

[img=500x333]http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/ash-vs-evil-dead-season-3-image-3.jpg[/img]
(HOLY FUCK, RIPPED SHIRT ASH AND A ARMY BEHIND HIM.)
 

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Joined
Aug 1, 2015
Likes
344
Kain said:
Most likely tomorrow or Monday.
That's what i'm willing to bet on. 

Anyway's got a full article from ign here and it's got plenty of more info on this season.

New Kelly Info
[font=ars-maquette-web, sans-serif]When asked where Kelly would end up in season three, actor Dana DeLorenzo said, "It’s a culmination of everything we’ve been building up and everything that she’s gone through. Now she gets to take someone else under her wing.
[/font]
[font=ars-maquette-web, sans-serif]
A theme of this show for Season Three is everyone fulfilling their destiny," DeLorenzo said. "And Kelly gets painted in this corner, catch-22 -- bloody corner, I might add, always bloody -- and she can’t think or fight her way out of this situation so she snaps. Kelly's going to get her revenge but we’re going to see what happens because maybe it’s not what she wanted at all.” She went on to say that Kelly's showdown with evil will change her forever and that “it will rival the Kill Bill fight”.[/font]

Pablo 
[font=ars-maquette-web, sans-serif]Ray Santiago said of his character, "Pablo fulfills his destiny as well and really starts to hone in on his brujo powers. Evil sees Pablo differently and Pablo sees evil differently and...the illegal has powers this season so watch out everybody, watch out! I finally get to kick some ass."[/font]

[font=ars-maquette-web, sans-serif]Despite dying in Season Two it was revealed that Lee Majors, who plays Ash's father Brock, will be back again, albeit in ghost form. Bruce Campbell even said that he had more screentime with Majors this season that he did when his character was still alive.[/font]
[font=ars-maquette-web, sans-serif]Ash's family looks to take center stage in Season Three. When asked if his character would change in response to having a daughter, Campbell said he never lies to her and would become "a more substantial person." Having Brandy around, he said, would allow Ash to become more three-dimensional.[/font]
[font=ars-maquette-web, sans-serif]And it wouldn't be Evil Dead if we didn't talk about something gross. Campbell promised this season would keep up the tradition of finding new and inventive ways to make audiences sick. In fact, he said, "I had a fight in a sperm bank this season. I'm...pretty much just going to end it right there."[/font]

Guess that's another fluid off there checklist to splatter on someone, good lord ahaha. (Two cent's/Theory down below) 
 
Honestly, i'm fine with it considering the context of ash's story this season it's going to service the plot more then just him fighting a colon and retrieving the book. The running theory i have right now is brandy's mother isn't actually her mother and they slowly start to figure this out over the course of the season. I bet they go to the bank to figure out who brandy's mother actually is in some records they probably find from when ash's "donation" is taken. Remember lucy said she needed something from ash in the 80's as she was looking to replace him, well there ya go.
Source : http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/07/whats-coming-up-in-ash-vs-evil-dead-season-three
 

Nick el Ass

Spinach Chin
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Likes
247
Location
Indianapolis
Kevin said:
Are we not getting trailer? :/
If I remember correctly Starz usually releases video of panels and whatnot the day after.
[hr]
Joem1k said:
So the panel happened and they got a trailer and the first episode (Seems like were going to be in the dark for a while) but the good news is that the first episode was met with a positive reception and one person described it as epic and another person said "it's fucking bonkers" 

Here's some new photo's from s3. 


[img=500x333]http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/ash-vs-evil-dead-season-3-image-2.jpg[/img]
(The devil in the white suit) 

FYI, the guy on the ground is holding the book of the dead.
I think Lucy Lawless somehow keeps getting younger every time she changes her hair color.
 

DyD

Spinach Chin
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Likes
247
Location
São Paulo, Brazil
Joem1k said:
 Anyway's got a full article from ign here and it's got plenty of more info on this season.

New Kelly Info
[font=ars-maquette-web, sans-serif]When asked where Kelly would end up in season three, actor Dana DeLorenzo said, "It’s a culmination of everything we’ve been building up and everything that she’s gone through. Now she gets to take someone else under her wing.
[/font]
[font=ars-maquette-web, sans-serif]
A theme of this show for Season Three is everyone fulfilling their destiny," DeLorenzo said. "And Kelly gets painted in this corner, catch-22 -- bloody corner, I might add, always bloody -- and she can’t think or fight her way out of this situation so she snaps. Kelly's going to get her revenge but we’re going to see what happens because maybe it’s not what she wanted at all.” She went on to say that Kelly's showdown with evil will change her forever and that “it will rival the Kill Bill fight”.[/font]

Pablo 
[font=ars-maquette-web, sans-serif]Ray Santiago said of his character, "Pablo fulfills his destiny as well and really starts to hone in on his brujo powers. Evil sees Pablo differently and Pablo sees evil differently and...the illegal has powers this season so watch out everybody, watch out! I finally get to kick some ass."[/font]

[font=ars-maquette-web, sans-serif]Despite dying in Season Two it was revealed that Lee Majors, who plays Ash's father Brock, will be back again, albeit in ghost form. Bruce Campbell even said that he had more screentime with Majors this season that he did when his character was still alive.[/font]
[font=ars-maquette-web, sans-serif]Ash's family looks to take center stage in Season Three. When asked if his character would change in response to having a daughter, Campbell said he never lies to her and would become "a more substantial person." Having Brandy around, he said, would allow Ash to become more three-dimensional.[/font]
[font=ars-maquette-web, sans-serif]And it wouldn't be Evil Dead if we didn't talk about something gross. Campbell promised this season would keep up the tradition of finding new and inventive ways to make audiences sick. In fact, he said, "I had a fight in a sperm bank this season. I'm...pretty much just going to end it right there."[/font]

Guess that's another fluid off there checklist to splatter on someone, good lord ahaha. (Two cent's/Theory down below) 
 
Honestly, i'm fine with it considering the context of ash's story this season it's going to service the plot more then just him fighting a colon and retrieving the book. The running theory i have right now is brandy's mother isn't actually her mother and they slowly start to figure this out over the course of the season. I bet they go to the bank to figure out who brandy's mother actually is in some records they probably find from when ash's "donation" is taken. Remember lucy said she needed something from ash in the 80's as she was looking to replace him, well there ya go.
Source : http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/07/whats-coming-up-in-ash-vs-evil-dead-season-three
As usual, I was nodding approvingly until someone shares something so dumb about this season that it reverts my expectations back to zero. In this case, that last bit from Bruce... They really don't seem to learn from their mistakes, do they? Now I'm back to thinking the whole "this time we're really going deep into character development" is nothing but hot air (we've heard it before) and this season will be just more of the same.

Also, that poster doesn't do anything to get me excited for this season or thinking they did anything to right the ship. There's nothing about it that says "Evil Dead" to me. Although I'll admit that the demonic bear costume is a really cool idea.

Let's see what that trailer has to offer tomorrow. I really need something good here to get my hopes up.
 

Kevin

Loud Mouth Braggart
Joined
Dec 12, 2016
Likes
169
IGN loved the premiere saying it was every bit as good as the season one and two premieres if not better. You can read their review here:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/07/ash-vs-evil-dead-season-3-premiere-review

EDIT: Looks like this was already posted. lol anyways I'm excited. Bring on that trailer... and ten more seasons! ;)
 

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Joined
Aug 1, 2015
Likes
344
DyD said:
As usual, I was nodding approvingly until someone shares something so dumb about this season that it reverts my expectations back to zero. In this case, that last bit from Bruce... They really don't seem to learn from their mistakes, do they? Now I'm back to thinking the whole "this time we're really going deep into character development" is nothing but hot air (we've heard it before) and this season will be just more of the same.
I would agree, but from what's been shown so far plus the images we've been given plus the new writers team and the new experienced showrunner, i'm inclined to give it a shot. And i honestly don't blame you for being very hesitant about this season given how we've been treated by the last showrunner and his "antics", but i'm gonna go out on a limb and trust mark on the character development part as that was the first thing he ever mentioned when he was interviewed by empire when they first started writing the scripts for s3 was "were gonna open the characters up more", plus i just wanna point out that part has been the main selling point this season. The 2nd season's main selling point was "HOLY SHIT THE BLOOD AND GORE IS AMPED UP THIS YEAR." and the characters and there development came second, but this year it's been "Mythos, ash's journey, character development and the jaw dropping finale" and the effect's being the second selling point and the gross stuff coming dead last or only mentioned when asked. 

But like you said and what i say first and foremost. 

Let's wait and see with the trailer.  :)
 

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Joined
Aug 1, 2015
Likes
344
Here's the panel "unofficially" and i gotta say loved this panel, great moderator and great questions plus funny moments from everyone.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_CU-N_yaUY[/video]
 
Top Bottom