Ash vs Evil Dead Season 2 General Discussion Thread [MARK YOUR SPOILERS!]

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
RE: Ash vs Evil Dead Season 2 General Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Joem1k said:
Here's the Official schedule for comic con.

[img=600x300]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnqcxjJUEAAhWHC.jpg[/img]

Source : https://twitter.com/AshvsEvilDead/status/755088450877923332

X-Posting this to the other thread since it's not spoilery!

Joem1k said:
Here's a interview with ted raimi on season 2, here's some highlights

iH: You’ll be playing Ash’s childhood best friend for Season 2, so tell us a bit about your character and how you came to that role?

TR: The character is called Chet Kaminsky. Chet was a character’s name that they had already come up with as Ash’s friend, and the last name Kaminsky was an idea that I had that I gave to the writers because I figured they may have met somewhere in Detroit, and Detroit has a huge Polish population, so just to honor all the amazing Poles that live there I thought, well maybe (Chet) is Polish, too. You can’t really grow up in Detroit and not know three or four people with Wieschowski, Kaczuszki, Kaminsky, names like that. So that was sort of my idea, but Chet was theirs and the guy who wrote it is the head writer on the show, Craig DiGregorio came up with that to be sort of, I think, a parallel to Ash’s character in that you could see what Ash may have turned into if he had say stayed there in his old life in Michigan. And you can see, too, Ash really didn’t get very far (laughs). Chet just got even a little less far than Ash did, but they are old pals and a lot of what they did when they were younger is revealed in Season 2, so it’s very exciting.

iH: Ray Santiago and Dana DeLorenzo were introduced as Bruce Campbell’s sidekicks last season and did a fantastic job. Can we expect their roles to grow and evolve in the ten episodes to come?

TR: Yes, they do evolve and grow. Unfortunately I can’t give you details as to how they do, but I can tell you that those two actors, as the new faces of The Evil Dead universe couldn’t be better. They have equal parts comic ability and dramatic ability, so they really bring it home. And you really need that delicate balance to be in The Evil Dead universe because if it’s too much a comedy it becomes silly but if you’re too straight and serious it becomes a straight horror picture. And these guys really know how to walk that incredibly difficult and high-strung tightrope wire to bring it home and make a great show. They really do add a great, great deal to the show and I felt very fortunate to be able to act with those two guys.

iH: Season 1 was splatstick at its finest, everything Evil Dead fans have come to know and love — buckets of blood and belly-laughs — so what does “Ash vs Evil Dead” have in store to up the ante. How is it different and how does it improve on the first ten episodes?

TR: You’ll find that the minute character development details which were outlined in Season 1 are going to really expand and explode in personal and in bloodbath manners, both. Yes, of course the fans are going to get more guts, more gore but also they’re going to get more interesting and complicated relationships between the characters as they sort of progress and they take on their own importance and their own stories. I think you’re going to see that in Season 2 and I think you’ll probably see it finally, really come to fruition in Season 3 is my guess.
(Season 3 confirmed?)

iH: When last season ended, there had been a showdown at the cabin and a deal was struck with Ruby (Lawless) over the Necronomicon that left Ash and his minions heading for Jacksonville. Where does Season 2 begin and where does the action take the Ghostbeaters? If you can say anything.

TR: (Laughs) I’m afraid if I say that six guys from Starz are going to come my door and beat the living shit out of me. And that is the truth, so I cannot tell you that, but I do appreciate your insistence on getting that question. And I also want to tell you how good you are at slipping that question in quickly while I was just rattling some stuff off but brother, I ain’t gonna fall for it (laughs). You’re a good interviewer and a good reporter, you did it well, it’s just that I’ve had experience with this before (laughs).

iH: The cast seems to be very tight knit and a group which has a good time together, so there has to be a behind the scenes tale or two worth some laughs.

TR: I can say this, something that did remind me of the old days, I’ll tell you this story. At some point I am covered in blood, which isn’t surprising, every actor is on that show. I’ve been covered in blood many, many times in my life and my career, I do mostly horror pictures so it’s nothing new to me. I do remember one day getting out of my actors chair and the chair stuck to me, I couldn’t get it off of my butt. I was walking around with an actors chair attached to my butt and they had to go get help from the wardrobe department to remove it, it was hilarious. And everybody was very concerned that I would be upset about that, but I wasn’t. I finally felt, Oh, I’m finally back in Evil Dead now. And that’s a true story.

iH: We already covered the fact that you can’t reveal details, but when we spoke with Ray Santiago last year he shared that his character, Pablo would experience something that no man should ever have to go through. So we got a teaser without any specific plot or event given away, but it turned out to be Pablo’s Necronomicon possession. So is there something of an “Ash vs Evil Dead” teaser for Season 2 that’s not too specific or revealing that can give the fans something to think about and look forward to without getting yourself into hot water with the suits?

TR: There is a great surprise that fans will see with my character. I can’t tell you what that is, but it’s a great surprise. I think it will excite a lot of fans and be very unexpected but that’s all I can say. There is a great revelation towards the end of the season, but that’s all I can say. But there is a huge revelation with my character. I can tell you that.

Source : http://ihorror.com/ihorror-interview-ted-raimi-says-season-2-ash-vs-evil-dead-holds-great-revelation/

Overall thoughts: I'm starting to get the feeling now that season 2 is going to be whole different ballgame right down to the script writing but that remains to be seen so i'm gonna hold my tongue until the first episode. It's good to hear that they had fun working on this new season , and i bet 10 bucks bruce and rob had something to do with the glue incident or sam decided to drop by and play some games with the crew and cast. 

This is gonna be quite the week ahead of us

Ted and Bruce seem fairly certain that season 3 is happening.  Either we get an announcement at Comic Con again or Starz is telling them one thing and holding back in actuality.  Power just debuted to huge numbers again so Starz might be playing it close to the vest until we get a season premiere.

So Chet is Ash if Ash hadn't become chosen - settling into middle-age mediocrity, with bad hair judging from the trailer - will he just be an easy target for The Evil or will he get to put up a fight?

RE Great revelation - Ash's secret brother?

(Also Ted tells a great story in this interview about getting approached by someone who likes Lunatics: A Love Story in this interview)

DocLathropBrown said:
There's a LOT of potential win in that full trailer:

*Cheryl being confirmed as his sister!!
*His old home looks run-down/abandoned. His father might not even live there anymore. I get the sense that also means that Ash never came home after the cabin/time travel incident. Ash clearly thinks he needs to come there (first?) so I suppose it'll be a shock to him that dad's not living there.
*"Ashy Slashy" graffiti on the front of his house--where there rumors back home about why Ash never came back? Does the town think that he turned psycho? Are the deaths of Shelley, Cheryl, Scotty and Linda blamed on him?

The gore and stuff looks great, but the real meat for me is drama--and there's A LOT of drama to explore in the hints we got from this trailer. This is a much better, more satisfying trailer than the S1 trailer BY FAR. There's nothing that bugged me about it. Getting into the way his experiences in the trilogy ruined his life is what I wanted in the first season. At least we're getting to touch on it now. I want *real* exploration but with this show I won't hold my breath for much.

The Cheryl-is-still-Ash's-Sister part is what I'm happiest about.

Re Ashy-slashy - since in this verse whatever happened in the altered Evil Dead 2 timeline resulted in AOD apparently not happening (because there's no way he wouldn't be believed after the S-Mart incident), it's pretty likely that Ash was blamed for everyone's deaths (I guess we can add Jake, Bobbie Jo, Annie, both Knowbys and everyone's favorite bit part demon to that death toll too).  Did he plead insanity?  Is that why we've got an asylum episode?  He gets thrown back in?

Joem1k said:
Here's the new poster for season 2 and ruby holding pablo against his will.

[img=300x450]http://cdn.showbizjunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/ash-evil-dead-season2-poster.jpg[/img]

[img=400x257]http://www.tvinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/16-31-2127-812x522.jpg[/img]

@Doc

If we get just enough exploration into his past, i will be happy as a camper. Pablo looks like his going to be having a very interesting season instore for him, like i said eariler there will be a extensive breakdown  later on tonight so stay tuned for that !  :)

I love the poster; wonder if they'll be selling prints.

Joem1k said:
Apparently comic con banned the trailer from being shown because it was "too gory" 

[img=300x225]https://38.media.tumblr.com/1dfaed5f2232466a215ea8678a63ac5e/tumblr_mm6cnzLf2o1s4y2zbo1_400.gif[/img]

Another thing to add onto doc's theory about ash being called crazy by his home tome is that there is a part in the trailer where his holding his puppet version of himself so i'm going to bet someone commits him.

I feel fairly comfortable calling that another stab at fake controversy.  They showed the red band for the remake at Comic Con and they're screening the season premiere there; no way anyone officially in charge gives a crap.

Kain said:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzeJTAwqEJ4[/video]​

Pros and cons time:

Pros:

* Force cam!

* The look on Ash's face when he sees Cheryl's room

tumblr_oaldzqiTaY1qijmm1o1_540.png

* Makeup and effects.  I will not put them slathering CGI on everything later past them tho

* The use of Ace of Spades

* Ted's horrible dye job, which I'm sure will set the tone for the character.  Chet seems super likable, which is good and will make his (likely from Ted's stories) death impactful.

* The Classic Mach 2 being turned into a Christine-like demonic hellcar.

Cons: 

* The jokey nature of the trailer makes me very worried that they're not going to give the whole Cheryl thing any weight.  Ted Raimi talked about tone balance in his interview and it still remains a concern for me.  Bruce's emotive reaction was very nice and I want to be hopeful.

* In fact the tone ping-pongs around a lot, which was a problem last season.  The movies did it brilliantly, the show has little to no patience for it.

* Very, very little Linda2.  Remember what happened last season when they mismanaged Amanda?   I have similar fears. 

* I'm on the fence about the whole Ashey Slashy stuff.  It's a little 'Carrie White burns in hell'/Halloween Resurrection for me and, at the moment, doesn't make much canonical sense.   Making it work for me is going to hinge on how they handle the rewrite of Evil Dead 2's ending.

* How did Ruby manage to lose control of the situation?  She's an ancient demon who presumably lived through this situation before in the olden times.   SHE WANTED THIS CHAOS.  

* Spicy man meat.  Mother/daughter sandwich....

* On the fence about Ash's dad being EXACTLY like him.  I like it and yet eh.  Nice twist that Ash is embaressed by the shit his dad is doing though.  Maybe he internalized his behavior and that's why Ash is Ash?

* The psych ward episode looks cringy.  

Notes:

* The blonde they kept showing looked so much like Samira Weaving I got distracted.

* The 'not again' implies that people regularly turn into Deadites at Ash's bar.  How far will the bonds of credulity strain on that one?

* Pablo roaring in a graveyard with a mouthful of blood.  Looks like he might tempo-turn for awhile?

Joem1k said:
Mardeadite said:
I noticed something strange going on with the shotgun in my first viewing, but it wasn't until the second I saw he was using the Kandarian Dagger as a bayonet!  Nice touch.

Spicy meat gag made me cringe a bit (although it fitted this version of Ash) but that worked well.

I died laughing at the spicy meat joke, yeah it's gross  and crude but i treat it as a simple throw-away/line from him, plus i think he was just doing it to get at ruby given his "get used to that feeling" line afterwards .

I liked "Ladies First" better as a throwaway.  IDK!   We'll see how it goes.

DocLathropBrown

Loud Mouth Braggart

MaidOfKandar said:
Re Ashy-slashy - since in this verse whatever happened in the altered Evil Dead 2 timeline resulted in AOD apparently not happening (because there's no way he wouldn't be believed after the S-Mart incident), it's pretty likely that Ash was blamed for everyone's deaths (I guess we can add Jake, Bobbie Jo, Annie, both Knowbys and everyone's favorite bit part demon to that death toll too).  Did he plead insanity?  Is that why we've got an asylum episode?  He gets thrown back in?

Perhaps the S-Mart ending was all in Ash's head? The way he wanted to imagine life going for him in the aftermath of that weekend? No way they could address it without direct reference to AoD, though. But they're in the same pickle if they ignore AoD completely, too. If AoD didn't happen, then they're going to have to explain a whole new ending for ED2 which would be tricky to do concisely without like a reenactment or something.

A continuance of vague continuity--hooray?

Re: Ash gets thrown back in? Ooh. Interesting thought. If his backstory was expanded to involuntary commitment for serial killing (a'la Evil Dead: Regeneration?) and his subsequent escape from captivity (not very logical considering he'd be pursued by the law, but), that it adds a sadder wrinkle to the pathetic goof he became by the start of the show. Sadly, it would be easier for me to accept Ash's newfound stupidity as a result of insanity.

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member

@Maid

I think it was the delivery that had me on the floor then the joke itself, but i will agree it comes second to the ladies first zinger ! 

I don't think that the deadites have been regularly coming to his bar, this looks like it might be the first time they show up in jacksonville because of ruby messing up and that's where we begin at in the episode. 

i will agree that the trailer is all over the place with tone, but i wouldn't jot it down as the final product for the episodes as they jump all over the place with different episodes for the trailers, i would wait and see. 

I don't know why but i have a feeling there's more to linda's character then what the trailer's letting on, they didn't show much of chet's character either in the trailer nor his dad. 

AND i just noticed something new about cheryl's bedroom door, there is a yellow light shining through the crack, could that mean there going to go into a flashback scene for a brief moment ?

@Doc

I love that theory of him escaping the mental ward and on the run, it would defiantly make a lot of sense of why his acting the way he is, i don't wanna over analyze it this time as i don't wanna dissapont myself with the outcome they choose to go with. I hope it's good but i remain cautious still but the main trailer has given me hope for this season !

MaidOfKandar

Staff member

DocLathropBrown said:
MaidOfKandar said:

Perhaps the S-Mart ending was all in Ash's head? The way he wanted to imagine life going for him in the aftermath of that weekend? No way they could address it without direct reference to AoD, though. But they're in the same pickle if they ignore AoD completely, too. If AoD didn't happen, then they're going to have to explain a whole new ending for ED2 which would be tricky to do concisely without like a reenactment or something.

Re: Ash gets thrown back in? Ooh. Interesting thought. If his backstory was expanded to involuntary commitment for serial killing (a'la Evil Dead: Regeneration?) and his subsequent escape from captivity (not very logical considering he'd be pursued by the law, but), that it adds a sadder wrinkle to the pathetic goof he became by the start of the show. Sadly, it would be easier for me to accept Ash's newfound stupidity as a result of insanity.

Now that's an interesting idea.  They'd have to 'it was all a dream' AOD to make it make sense linearly, but I think Universal would throw a fit over them de-canonizing it.

The rights issue is so uncomfortable.

^^ My absolute favorite way to describe the series' continuity now.

And it'd make sense as to why he bought a mobile home and has been circling Michigan for over thirty years.  I've actually been wondering if this is some kind of nod to Regeneration, which was the original 'ignore AOD continuity' Evil Dead product.

DyD

Spinach Chin

That trailer's pretty much hit or miss. I still don't know what to think about the Jacksonville stuff, the little snippets we saw of Ash's dad on the mechanical bull and the therapy puppet scene. That stuff is already starting to look very cringe-worthy to me. The rest looks alright. It really seems they raised the production value this season. Cinematography and SFX are looking good. The old Williams homestead and the Cheryl stuff is looking great, definitely the best part of the trailer and the only stuff that I'm really looking forward to. This season is definitely looking more "alive" than the last one, but I have the impression that a lot of the problems I had with the first season are still there. There's not much in the trailer to allow me to actually form an opinion, so we'll have to wait and see. All I can say is the trailer didn't do much to get me terribly excited for this season. Some of it looks really good, some of it looks incredibly stupid. But hey, at least there was some Motörhead playing in the background. After the experience I had with the first season, I'm gonna try and keep my expectations in check for this one.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member

Joem1k said:
@Maid

I think it was the delivery that had me on the floor then the joke itself, but i will agree it comes second to the ladies first zinger ! 

I don't think that the deadites have been regularly coming to his bar, this looks like it might be the first time they show up in jacksonville because of ruby messing up and that's where we begin at in the episode. 

i will agree that the trailer is all over the place with tone, but i wouldn't jot it down as the final product for the episodes as they jump all over the place with different episodes for the trailers, i would wait and see. 

I don't know why but i have a feeling there's more to linda's character then what the trailer's letting on, they didn't show much of chet's character either in the trailer nor his dad. 

AND i just noticed something new about cheryl's bedroom door, there is a yellow light shining through the crack, could that mean there going to go into a flashback scene for a brief moment ?

@Doc

I love that theory of him escaping the mental ward and on the run, it would defiantly make a lot of sense of why his acting the way he is, i don't wanna over analyze it this time as i don't wanna dissapont myself with the outcome they choose to go with. I hope it's good but i remain cautious still but the main trailer has given me hope for this season !

For me it's the endless 'Ash is a super stud' meme that I find tiresome.  We get it, guys, now either make us care about one of his love interests or send him through a nightmare gauntlet of lost girlfriends. Do SOMETHING with it, basically, beyond those awful gags we got subjected to last season.

The narration kind of throws us off with that: 'not again'.  We're going to have to see what they decide to do with the timeframe.

IMOHO, Chet got a lot more coverage than Linda2 in the trailer; she got exactly one shot, he got two clips.  I agree that there was very little of Ash's dad in there, too, though.

I THINK the yellow light is just from the hall lights but I want flashbacks so bad.  I want ELLEN to show up in this so bad, and the hush-hush nature and hinting makes me wonder if she'll show up in some way  (Ash frees souls from hell, sees his sister and Linda?  IDK).

Nice breakdown as always, BTW.

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member

@Maid

Thank's !  :)  and i see what your saying with the super stud stuff, but it looks like his dad might humble him hard this season judging by the rodeo scene.  

@Dyd

My expectations right now are excited but extremely cautions, there's probably gonna be problems season 2 no doubt about it, nothings going to be perfect about it but all i hope for is they keep it up with more positives and only small negatives  for this season. But my main goal for this season is probably to just go in and have fun with it and just enjoy the ride regardless, i seriously still can't believe we got another season of this show or we even got this show to begin with. 

I mean i consider ash vs evil dead to be one of the better reboot's these days despite it's major flaws, i still very much enjoy it. *end rambling*

MaidOfKandar

Staff member

DyD said:
That trailer's pretty much hit or miss. I still don't know what to think about the Jacksonville stuff, the little snippets we saw of Ash's dad on the mechanical bull and the therapy puppet scene. That stuff is already starting to look very cringe-worthy to me. The rest looks alright. It really seems they raised the production value this season. Cinematography and SFX are looking good. The old Williams homestead and the Cheryl stuff is looking great, definitely the best part of the trailer and the only stuff that I'm really looking forward to. This season is definitely looking more "alive" than the last one, but I have the impression that a lot of the problems I had with the first season are still there. There's not much in the trailer to allow me to actually form an opinion, so we'll have to wait and see. All I can say is the trailer didn't do much to get me terribly excited for this season. Some of it looks really good, some of it looks incredibly stupid. But hey, at least there was some Motörhead playing in the background. After the experience I had with the first season, I'm gonna try and keep my expectations in check for this one.

The Cheryl moment absolutely evoked emotion in me, but yeah, same - it's hard for me to get super hyped because of how all over the place season one was.

Joem1k said:
@Maid

Thank's !  :)  and i see what your saying with the super stud stuff, but it looks like his dad might humble him hard this season judging by the rodeo scene.  

@Dyd

My expectations right now are excited but extremely cautions, there's probably gonna be problems season 2 no doubt about it, nothings going to be perfect about it but all i hope for is they keep it up with more positives and only small negatives  for this season. But my main goal for this season is probably to just go in and have fun with it and just enjoy the ride regardless, i seriously still can't believe we got another season of this show or we even got this show to begin with. 

I mean i consider ash vs evil dead to be one of the better reboot's these days despite it's major flaws, i still very much enjoy it. *end rambling*

Yeah, I also enjoyed that moment where he was visibly disgusted by his dad having the same mojo he has.   I really want it to go somewhere.

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member

AvED is now trending again on both entertainment and top trends on facebook right now ! 

trending.png

trending_2.png

Muzzlehatch

Loud Mouth Braggart

Maybe I interprete a little too much form the tiny clips and interview bits, but as I understand Ted's Chet character is the sort of guy Ash would be without the cabin expierience. Does it mean he is an "responsible adult" with a job and family or something else? From the trailer clips (died hair, silly greeting rituals etc.) I get the impression, that he is just the typical loser drinking buddy stereotype. If that is the case: Why the hell? Storywise it would be interesting to see the difference between tormented trailer park dwelling Ash and his former but now successful high school / college buddies. But I see no point in siding Ash with another non-badass white trash douchebag (a characterization I also never had in mind for Ash judged by the movies). Maybe Chet IS in fact a more mature guy than Ash but a little bit bored by his urban existence. A guy in his mid life crisis. In that case meeting up with his demon killing and girls chasing childhood friend could give him a reason to look at his life in different way. That COULD be storywise more interesting altough this trope is quite an chliché aswell. But maybe I just over-analyse the few infos we have.

The same thing could be said about Ash's father. Please do not make him just an older copy of Ash's sleazy wannabe-womanizing persona. I see no point in it. In my opinion the only possibility to make that interesting would be, when we are told, that little Ash was a shy little nerd and alway in his father's shadow BEFORE the cabin and that he adopted this behavior afterwards as some kind of coping mechanism. That would be more in line with the movie portrayal of Ash. By the way that would be also the only good way to explain Ash's personal evolution from ED - AoD.

About the trailer in general: You guys covered it well. The Williams residence and Asylum stuff look good but the rest? Screams more American Pie + Zombies. Nothing I ever wanted from ED and nothing, that would give me the hope season 2 could be better than season 1. But I am open for a pleasant surprise.

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member

Muzzlehatch said:
Maybe I interprete a little too much form the tiny clips and interview bits, but as I understand Ted's Chet character is the sort of guy Ash would be without the cabin expierience. Does it mean he is an "responsible adult" with a job and family or something else? From the trailer clips (died hair, silly greeting rituals etc.) I get the impression, that he is just the typical loser drinking buddy stereotype. If that is the case: Why the hell? Storywise it would be interesting to see the difference between tormented trailer park dwelling Ash and his former but now successful high school / college buddies. But I see no point in siding Ash with another non-badass white trash douchebag (a characterization I also never had in mind for Ash judged by the movies). Maybe Chet IS in fact a more mature guy than Ash but a little bit bored by his urban existence. A guy in his mid life crisis. In that case meeting up with his demon killing and girls chasing childhood friend could give him a reason to look at his life in different way. That COULD be storywise more interesting altough this trope is quite an chliché aswell. But maybe I just over-analyse the few infos we have.

The same thing could be said about Ash's father. Please do not make him just an older copy of Ash's sleazy wannabe-womanizing persona. I see no point in it. In my opinion the only possibility to make that interesting would be, when we are told, that little Ash was a shy little nerd and alway in his father's shadow BEFORE the cabin and that he adopted this behavior afterwards as some kind of coping mechanism. That would be more in line with the movie portrayal of Ash. By the way that would be also the only good way to explain Ash's personal evolution from ED - AoD.

About the trailer in general: You guys covered it well. The Williams residence and Asylum stuff look good but the rest? Screams more American Pie + Zombies. Nothing I ever wanted from ED and nothing, that would give me the hope season 2 could be better than season 1. But I am open for a pleasant surprise.

Gonna have to disagree to with ya, i just don't think it's right to base a character off a few frames of footage plus the other thing is you gotta not trust these trailers when it comes to this show because they go all over the place with its tone and like to showcase the character's goofy side more then how they actually act in the show. Point is, i think the way they cut this trailer is too just get people hyped for s2 without actually giving away anything in particular so they just threw a bunch of random stuff together to give a general idea of what to expect but also threw in a couple hints at the overall story for this season. 

Main Point is, i think it's best we don't over analyze a glorified montage trailer and others trailers going forward with this mindset, just my two cent's *shrug*

Muzzlehatch

Loud Mouth Braggart

Joem1k said:
Muzzlehatch said:

Gonna have to disagree to with ya, i just don't think it's right to base a character off a few frames of footage plus the other thing is you gotta not trust these trailers when it comes to this show because they go all over the place with its tone and like to showcase the character's goofy side more then how they actually act in the show. Point is, i think the way they cut this trailer is too just get people hyped for s2 without actually giving away anything in particular so they just threw a bunch of random stuff together to give a general idea of what to expect but also threw in a couple hints at the overall story for this season. 

Main Point is, i think it's best we don't over analyze a glorified montage trailer and others trailers going forward with this mindset, just my two cent's *shrug*

That's totally cool for me. I am aware that I over-analyse here. It's just a trailer. But I loved the one for season 1. The show itself not that much. And the new trailer seems only to repeat what I already disliked from S1. But as I said: I am open for a pleasant surprise.

Mardeadite

Loud Mouth Braggart

Joem1k said:
[img=400x255]https://s31.postimg.org/pctmlvx2z/Breakdown_Snip_5.png[/img]

This looks to be another demon from the book, looks very hellraiser'ish and dare i say more creepier then eligos.

I thought that might be the deadite version of the guy who got his face peeled off (if I interpret that scene correctly).

Then again, this chap appears to be missing more than just the skin on his face...

MaidOfKandar

Staff member

New EW article with Bruce

[font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]“Pablo’s got a crazy journey this year,” chuckles Campbell. “The stuff he goes through makes [/font][font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]my[/font][font=proxima-nova, sans-serif] life seem easy. I think we’re going to find out that he’s not just Ash’s sidekick. I don’t think Ray had any idea what was coming. Some of the horrors that await Pablo…”[/font]

Ugh, enough with the kick-the-puppy shit with Pablo and more brujo-related character development please...

[font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]New cast members include [/font][font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]Evil Dead[/font][font=proxima-nova, sans-serif] franchise veteran Ted Raimi as one of Ash’s childhood friends and TV icon Lee Majors ([/font][font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]The Six Million Dollar Man[/font][font=proxima-nova, sans-serif], The Fall Guy) as our not-always-heroic hero’s father. [/font][font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]“He’s even grumpier than Ash,” says Campbell.[/font]

Hmm, this versus the clip in the trailer is interesting - maybe he lets loose at some point and this is what happens?

Circling around to pick up replies soon!

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member

MaidOfKandar said:

[font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]“Pablo’s got a crazy journey this year,” chuckles Campbell. “The stuff he goes through makes [/font][font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]my[/font][font=proxima-nova, sans-serif] life seem easy. I think we’re going to find out that he’s not just Ash’s sidekick. I don’t think Ray had any idea what was coming. Some of the horrors that await Pablo…”[/font]

Ugh, enough with the kick-the-puppy shit with Pablo and more brujo-related character development please...

[font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]New cast members include [/font][font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]Evil Dead[/font][font=proxima-nova, sans-serif] franchise veteran Ted Raimi as one of Ash’s childhood friends and TV icon Lee Majors ([/font][font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]The Six Million Dollar Man[/font][font=proxima-nova, sans-serif], The Fall Guy) as our not-always-heroic hero’s father. [/font][font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]“He’s even grumpier than Ash,” says Campbell.[/font]

Hmm, this versus the clip in the trailer is interesting - maybe he lets loose at some point and this is what happens?

i honestly really don't mind it because well it's evil dead and everyone's fair game, plus i find it quite interesting bruce would bring pablo up first in this interview, whenever something great or amazing happens in this show bruce likes to tease it to the moon and so far his teased this twice now. So it makes me wonder what they really have in store for him this season and i honestly can't wait to see it, and judging by the small glimpses we've seen i have a feeling it has something to do with ruby in some way.

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hey, folks, check out [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]@ConanOBrien[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] tonight - he might need a little "help."[/font]

Wonder what bruce has up his sleeve for conan....

Source : https://twitter.com/GroovyBruce/status/756282824181678080

MaidOfKandar

Staff member

Joem1k said:
MaidOfKandar said:

i honestly really don't mind it because well it's evil dead and everyone's fair game, plus i find it quite interesting bruce would bring pablo up first in this interview, whenever something great or amazing happens in this show bruce likes to tease it to the moon and so far his teased this twice now. So it makes me wonder what they really have in store for him this season and i honestly can't wait to see it, and judging by the small glimpses we've seen i have a feeling it has something to do with ruby in some way.

Nah, I don't think anyone should be 'safe'.  I just think the Pablo stuff is getting repetitive.  Kelly went through her baptism of fire last year and she got to form herself into an even more determined/vengeful persona out of it.  It felt like they were leaning that way with Pablo (him becoming a badass brujo) and instead they've just backtracked.

I'm wondering if he makes some kind of bargain to protect the others.  That is a blood ritual of some kind going on in the trailer.

I'm intrigued, in short.  

And I have a feeling there will be some kind Deadite joke. Deadite Weird Al?  He's there today.

Still looping back to answer other people..

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member

MaidOfKandar said:
Joem1k said:
MaidOfKandar said:

Nah, I don't think anyone should be 'safe'.  I just think the Pablo stuff is getting repetitive.  Kelly went through her baptism of fire last year and she got to form herself into an even more determined/vengeful persona out of it.  It felt like they were leaning that way with Pablo (him becoming a badass brujo) and instead they've just backtracked.

I'm wondering if he makes some kind of bargain to protect the others.  That is a blood ritual of some kind going on in the trailer.

I'm intrigued, in short.  

And I have a feeling there will be some kind Deadite joke. Deadite Weird Al?  He's there today.

Still looping back to answer other people..

That makes me wonder if pablo won't have his own journey this year like kelly did last season now that i think about it last half of season 1 was really watching kelly grow and evolve while they kinda only touched the iceberg with pablo's stuff, so it makes me wonder if they wont go full force this year with him and we see him evolve as a character like kelly did last year, but we'll have to wait see but i get the strangest feeling this relationship his going to have with ruby this season could lead him down some bad road's....

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member

Here's that conan appearance

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo0JNoM0gz4[/video]

I'm sorry but him getting hit with the fake blood in the mouth and then falling on the floor had me in tears, i swear somewhere i could hear sam raimi laughing his head off at this, but seriously i hope he didn't hurt himself too bad with that fall. And let's get this joke out of the way *cough* *cough*

"Name's williams, ASH Williams" *cue wink*

Top Bottom