Ash coming to Mortal Kombat 11?

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
What's your source? Just curious! :)

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
I played a little of Mortal Kombat X with my nephew on X-Box, and enjoyed it... but hope they give Ash some great fatalities in the game. The thing I'm wondering about is if Bruce and others will be doing the voices for their characters since they brought in Ronda Rousey as Sonya Blade.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
I've played bits of it and it's fun! Hopefully Ash will be in the DLC when it drops!

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Yeah i can't wait to see how they do his moveset, i'm hoping and praying they got bruce to voice him.

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member

I'm calling bs on this because it was data mined in the files of the game with his name in there plus intro dialogue with spawn. Though it could just be NRS throwing people off the scent by including his name in the files as well, but i'm gonna remain skeptical of bruce's word until all the kombat packs are released.

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Or fake news. Don't believe everything you read on Reddit :D

Actually the information came from someone who datamined the game from the nintendo switch port with ash's listing for the in game store and dialogue. Plus this same thing happened with the actor who played shang tsung in the mortal kombat movie whose been announced as dlc and he did what bruce is doing right now.

I remain highly skeptical until proven otherwise

Last edited:

DeathLivesAgain

Loud Mouth Braggart
I doubt they need Bruce's permission to use Ash in the game. See: Dynamite Comics and how Bruce, Sam, & Rob are against them for creating stories without their input, but Dynamite has the rights to that property and that character, so they can do whatever they please with it. I wonder if Bruce approved Ash being in Poker Night 2, because Bruce did not provide the voice for Ash in that.

Guy

Loud Mouth Braggart
I doubt they need Bruce's permission to use Ash in the game. See: Dynamite Comics and how Bruce, Sam, & Rob are against them for creating stories without their input, but Dynamite has the rights to that property and that character, so they can do whatever they please with it. I wonder if Bruce approved Ash being in Poker Night 2, because Bruce did not provide the voice for Ash in that.

I'm assuming anything licensed from Army of Darkness comes directly through Universal and thus doesn't need their approval?

DeathLivesAgain

Loud Mouth Braggart
I'm assuming anything licensed from Army of Darkness comes directly through Universal and thus doesn't need their approval?

That's likely correct. And I say 'likely' because the only component that may be up for discussion is the character of Ash. Sam, Rob, and Bruce own Ash, but they may not own Ash through Army Of Darkness.

That's why Sam, Rob, and Bruce are careful not to reference Army Of Darkness in Ash Vs Evil Dead and can't use Ash's metal hand or S-Mart in AVED. That's also why they probably never considered using Mia from TriStar's 2013 Evil Dead (in AVED) because that's a whole separate studio to get rights from.

So, if Mortal Kombat is using Ash through the Army Of Darkness license (Universal), they may only need Universal's approval and will only use Ash's look from AOD along with Evil Ash.

And Ash in videogames could be a separate license, as in the rights to videogame Ash or videogame Army Of Darkness was probably already sold to someone and they'd be able to do whatever they please with the rights they bought.

Look at Ash in Poker Night 2, clearly the Army Of Darkness Ash:

https://evildead.fandom.com/wiki/Ash_Williams_(Poker_Night_2)

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Yep, Bruce has directly said that Universal licenses out AOD without their permission. So the Dynamite Comics and Poker Night 2 are generally done without their blessing. But it wasn't always that way - they promoted the first arc of the Dynamite series (Bruce even did a signed hardcover edition of it) before they branched off to favor first Dark Horse, then Space Goat.

DeathLivesAgain

Loud Mouth Braggart
Did you really edit the title of this thread?

'Ash coming to Mortal Kombat 11' and now you've added 'not'. That's not creepy at all. So there could be tons of posts where you've edited my words?

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
So there could be tons of posts where you've edited my words?

I'd consider that a nopeality.

I was recently looking on Youtube to see if there was any footage from when they made the original Mortal Kombat games, and found a few behind the scenes videos which amused me to no end. I'm sure the way they do it has changed a lot, but can't shake the idea of Bruce having to act out being punched in the nuts repeatedly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom