Graham Humphreys Evil Dead 1 & 2 Posters Re-Releases

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
Graham Humphrey's iconic Evil Dead 1 & 2 posters are re-releasing this Thursday, March 14th, 2024!

evil-dead-II-Poster-header-graham-humphreys.jpg

https://vice-press.com/blogs/news/the-evil-dead-ii-original-movie-poster-graham-humphreys

Last edited:

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
I've already got a pretty good bootleg Graham H. ED1 UK quad but I'd love one of his ED2 quad reprints .. both in fact if he signed them.

Originals in VG condition on the ED1 quad were selling for about £800 15 years ago, a mint copy that had providence that used to hang in the SCALA office went for over £1000 from memory.

I spoke with Graham over the phone about the time Rob was creating his ultimate fan BOTD DVD with a view to commissioning him only for the famous artists to dryly reply with "You're a bit late to the party aren't you?" ..... Rob had already contacted Graham himself so the art work you see on Rob's cover work was/is by the great man himself :cool: .

Last edited:

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
I have posters from the Evil Dead trilogy and seasons 1 and 2 of Ash vs Evil Dead, but recently had to have work done on the house (which is why I have been so quite...) and will have to pass even though these look great.

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
I had good fun scoring a cinema display poster old school style of Fede Alvarez's 'Evil Dead'.

My home town is tiny but it does have a cinema and an old fashioned one at that. Remarkably somehow (because it only still exists at all by playing popular films like Transformers or Fast and Furious or anything starring Hellen Mirren or anything made by PIXAR), someone decided to play the 2013 'Evil Dead'? .. BRILLIANT!. I knew the projectionist and managed to talk him into saving me the display poster but then I was faced with the question of how to carry it home at the end of the show's run?. .. we've got a carpet warehouse close to the cinema with a skip that's always full of empty cardboard tubes so that's how I got it home :).

MCT28

Loud Mouth Braggart
So I bit the bullet and bought both of these posters (like, within the first five minutes of them going on sale back in March) and they finally arrived today. I don't think it needs to be said, but the artwork is amazing, and I can't even fathom what it would look like if it was taken from the original paintings themselves. The paper quality was... weird? I'm so used to getting flimsy $10 posters from Walmart that the texture of this "280gsm Stucco Old Mill Classic Paper" threw me off and made me feel like I had to be extremely careful when handling it.

Now, in both the original announcement post for these and their respective pages on the website, it says that posters are "hand numbered", which I would assume means that there would be a "XXX of 350" or "XXX/350" somewhere on there, right? Unless it's hidden underneath the little Vice Press reflective sticker on the back, then I didn't see any edition numbers on either of the posters. I'm just going to assume I got the first one of both!

Honestly, the only bad thing about it was trying to keep the curled-up posters flat while trying to get the back of the fames back on and fastened down by myself, and I was terrified the entire time that something was going to happen to one of the posters. Thankfully neither of them ripped, and now they're tucked away in the spare bedroom closet until I figure out where exactly I'm going to hang them...

Top Bottom