Army of Darkness/Evil Dead Comics Discussion Thread!

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
@Hurley - Because Ash is supposed to be roughly 45 (around where Elvis died IRL) and dealing with a mid-life crisis by tracking him down

I read the first issue and it's not bad!

Covers for Issue #4:

AODBubbaHoTep0404011AGalind.jpg

AODBubbaHoTep0404021BMandra.jpg

AODBubbaHoTep0404031CHack.jpg

BadAsh

S-Mart Clerk
Sam Raimi could have taken ideas from the comics, and we would had 6 seasons of material.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
I think the minimum amount you can offer for it, by the way, is $18.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
The good news: Dynamite is finally rebooting the AOD series. Yes, again.

The...eh...news: This is the plot:

Picking up just barely after the legendary Army of Darkness film, the big mixup is of course due to some classic bad translation of the Necronomicon. Introducing the cast... Ash is joined by the personification of his feminine side with Ashley Williams, the erratic Lil' Ash, Dash aka Doggie Ash, the cynical and morose Skeleton Ash and Chainy - Ash's now sentient chainsaw!

Together they must travel through time to Ancient Egypt and prevent the Necronomicon from ever being written in the first place. Along the way, can Ash solve his split personality predicament - and how would the others feel about that? Could one of the party members be hiding something? Fans will just have to read to find out!

The art looks good. But Dynamite has tried team books and tried "AU Lady Ash" books before so it's going to take a bit to impress me.

DeathToAOD-01-01021-B-Suydam.jpg

DeathToAOD-01-01031-C-Andolfo.jpg

DeathToAOD-01-01011-A-Oliver_1.jpg

DeathToAOD-01-01041-D-Piriz.jpg

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
Yuk! The plot is just BAD. They will need a solid story to convince me on this one....Split personality....

I think the only GOOD idea is, they should had used a dog as sidekick with Ash in the series. Just like the dog in Road Warrior. A trained dog to hunt deadites is just a perfect sidekick for Ash. No one else.

The good news: Dynamite is finally rebooting the AOD series. Yes, again.

The...eh...news: This is the plot:

Picking up just barely after the legendary Army of Darkness film, the big mixup is of course due to some classic bad translation of the Necronomicon. Introducing the cast... Ash is joined by the personification of his feminine side with Ashley Williams, the erratic Lil' Ash, Dash aka Doggie Ash, the cynical and morose Skeleton Ash and Chainy - Ash's now sentient chainsaw!

Together they must travel through time to Ancient Egypt and prevent the Necronomicon from ever being written in the first place. Along the way, can Ash solve his split personality predicament - and how would the others feel about that? Could one of the party members be hiding something? Fans will just have to read to find out!

The art looks good. But Dynamite has tried team books and tried "AU Lady Ash" books before so it's going to take a bit to impress me.

DeathToAOD-01-01021-B-Suydam.jpg

DeathToAOD-01-01031-C-Andolfo.jpg

DeathToAOD-01-01011-A-Oliver_1.jpg

DeathToAOD-01-01041-D-Piriz.jpg

DyD

Spinach Chin

Okaaaay...

Fans will just have to read to find out!

Yeah, thanks, but I'll pass. I think I'll wait for the next reboot.

But hey, the art does look very good indeed, I'll give them that. Major improvement on that department.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Yep, honestly - I have no idea who the heck this is supposed to appeal to, but I'll knock wood that it'll be funny.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
It's the only way for them to keep the AOD license.

This is why I yearn for them to get one, solid writer on the book. It's possible to have an amazing AOD comic! i've seen i!

Anthrax

S-Mart Clerk
How many here are still buying these comics? They must be quite successful if the publishers are able to crank out so many.

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Honestly, for the concept that it is and how bat shit crazy it sounds from the premise, i like it! It's in line with the outlandish concepts that evil dead has done before with the book, this will be no different.

It could be a really fun read, though the deciding factor will be how strong the writing will be and how the dialog is handled with these other personas.

I like the idea of a small ash actually being on his side for once, that could lead to some interesting situations plus the talking chainsaw could be interesting as well since we've seen sentient household objects before in this franchise, so putting that concept with his own chainsaw could be really fun or fall flat on it's face, we'll see how it pans out.

I actually like the fact that the skeleton looks like the ed2 cover skeleton, that's a really nice touch.

I'm already imagining his chainsaw bickering at him or complaining that it's got dried up blood or guts in it's gears and needing a tune up or it freaking out at being shoved into someones stomach or it having a internal conflict of it's use about chopping people up when it was originally used for cutting up wood.

There's a lot of dark comedy to be found within that idea alone, i hope they capitalize on that.

Last edited:

FriDLaCk

S-Mart Clerk
Hi all!

I want to start to read the AoD comics, followed by the ED2 comics but i can not find the an official reading order... atm this is the order that i have after reading some forums

* Ashes 2 Ashes #1-4
* Tales of Army of Darkness (One-Shot)
* Shop Till You Drop Dead #1-4
* AOD Vs. Re-Animator #1-4 (Begins AOD Volume 1)
* Old School #5-7
* Ash Vs. The Classic Monsters #8-11
* The Death of Ash #12-13 (Ends AOD Volume 1)
* Marvel Zombies Vs. AOD #1-5
* From The Ashes #1-4 (Begins AOD Volume 2)
* The Long Road Home #5-8
* Home Sweet Hell #9-12
* King For A Day #13
* Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash #1-6
* Ash’s Christmas Horror (One-Shot)
* Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash: The Nightmare Warriors #1-6
* AOD/Xena: Why Not? #1-4 (Cont. from Dynamite’s Xena Volume 1 & Dark Xena mini)
* Xena/AOD: What Again!? #1-4
* Hellbillies & Deadnecks #14-17
* Montezuma’s Revenge #18
* Water, Water, Everywhere #19
* League of Light, Assemble! #20-27 (Ends AOD Volume 2)
* Army of Darkness Volume 3 #1-13 (No storyline names)
* Prophecy #1-7 (2012 Miniseries)
* AOD Vs. Hack/Slash #1-6
* AOD/Reanimator (One-Shot)
* Reanimator #1-4 (Sequel to AOD/Reanimator One-Shot)
* AOD/Xena: Forever & A Day #1-4
* Furious Road #1-5
* AOD/Xena: Forever & A Day #5-6

About ED2 i cant find anything....

Anyone have an updated (including latest Bubba ho Tep crossovers) correct reading order comic list for AoD (Dynamite) and ED2 (SGP)?

Thanks so much and stay groovy

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
Thanks! i saw the section before but it looks like it didnt show the comic reading order. the thing that i am asking for is the reading order to follow a timeline when i read the comics

Regards

They're all in order.

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
Death to the Army of Darkness Issue 3 previews:

4DXyyRS.jpg

ySc2dp4.jpg

G8ROtwt.jpg

t3OFoBp.jpg

Ash is starting to look like Karl Urban :D

Top Bottom