Bruce Says More Evil Dead To Come

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
There was a loose rumor it was still around and kicking; just like Fede wanting to make Don't Breathe 2 and having the script but not the financing after GITSW bombed, who knows what'll happen.

Look, I only want an honest-to-goodness continuation of "Ash vs. Evil Dead." No prequels, no sidequels, no remakes, no reboots, no re-imaginings. Just the ongoing adventures of Ash, Kelly, and Pablo. The story they have now is fine; more than fine. The worst thing they can do right now is overhaul the Evil Dead series again, and again, and again. The franchise will look more battered and worn-out than the Terminator movies.

I'd suggest creating an animated show of some kind, like others have mentioned here. Hell, the sky would be the limit for a post-apocalyptic landscape in the animated realm, where they wouldn't need to worry about craft services, location scouting, etc. Or if Bruce Campbell is really dead-set against ever playing Ash again, launch a comic book version of AvsED season 4 (much like Buffy Season 8, or Angel Season 6). Then Bruce wouldn't even have to get behind a microphone to record Ash's voice.

Last edited:

DyD

Spinach Chin
Personally, I just wanna go on pretending Ash vs. Evil Dead doesn't even exist (very easy to do if I just stick to the original AoD ending). So no, I'm not interested in any continuation to that storyline.

To be completely honest, I sincerely think it's time to let Evil Dead die, at least as live action film/television. It can still go on in comics, books, videogames and maybe even an animated series... But unless Sam Raimi comes back as both writer and director, I'm simply not interested in any live action Evil Dead anymore - be it a continuation, a reboot, a reimagining, a new remake, a sequel to the remake they already made or whatever.

Last edited:

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
Personally, I just wanna go on pretending Ash vs. Evil Dead doesn't even exist (very easy to do if I just stick to the original AoD ending). So no, I'm not interested in any continuation to that storyline.

To be completely honest, I sincerely think it's time to let Evil Dead die, at least as live action film/television. It can still go on in comics, books, videogames and maybe even as an animated series... But unless Sam Raimi comes back as both writer and director, I'm simply not interested in any live action Evil Dead anymore - be it a continuation, a reboot, a reimagining, a new remake, a sequel to the remake they already made or whatever.

Same here. the series had it moments but it stop there. Pablo & Kelly where both uninteresting characters IMO. I think Amanda, the book keeper and even Heather (Samara Weaving which appear only for 2 episodes, but delivered a great performance) could have done better sidekicks. Anyway, I don't think Ash needs permanent sidekicks. That was a big mistake from day 1. I always thought they should all eventually die (That would have been a funny concept). If Sam Raimi is not behind the camera, no need for any continuation. I have a lot of respect for Bruce and Robert Tapert, but they are not the masterminds of this project.

I think I prefer another Evil Dead with Sam Raimi on command and no Ash VS. Bruce Campbell as Ash and behind the driving wheels of another movie/series.

If we could have all the dream team this would be even better....

DyD

Spinach Chin
Pablo & Kelly where both uninteresting characters IMO.

Yeah, I never cared enough about either character to want to see what they might be up to after the conclusion of AvED.

If Sam Raimi is not behind the camera, no need for any continuation. I have a lot of respect for Bruce and Robert Tapert, but they are not the masterminds of this project.

To me, the true essence of Evil Dead and the thing that really made me love the franchise was always Raimi's energy, rhythm, inventiveness and unique filmmaking style. In the aftermath of the ED remake and AvED, I've come to the conclusion that without any of that, it just isn't Evil Dead to me.

I think I prefer another Evil Dead with Sam Raimi on command and no Ash VS. Bruce Campbell as Ash and behind the driving wheels of another movie/series.

Same here.

Last edited:

Muzzlehatch

Loud Mouth Braggart
Same here. the series had it moments but it stop there. Pablo & Kelly where both uninteresting characters IMO. I think Amanda, the book keeper and even Heather (Samara Weaving which appear only for 2 episodes, but delivered a great performance) could have done better sidekicks. Anyway, I don't think Ash needs permanent sidekicks. That was a big mistake from day 1. I always thought they should all eventually die (That would have been a funny concept). If Sam Raimi is not behind the camera, no need for any continuation. I have a lot of respect for Bruce and Robert Tapert, but they are not the masterminds of this project.

If we could have all the dream team this would be even better....

I am on board with everything you said. Might be a bold statement, but I think it is nonsense to put Ash in a permanent team or family of friends just like I hate it when incarnations of Batman have dozens of sidekicks from Robin a), b), c) to Nightwing, Batgirl, Batwoman etc. It betrays the essence of the character as a tragic driven loner and lunatic in both cases. I think half deadite Sam from Regenerations was a near perfect sidekick. But Pablo and Kelly became more and more uninteresting after the pilot. For example I never understood why they did not continue Kelly‘s backstory about the disappearance or suicide of her mom. Rewatch the two first episodes. There was some drama there Sam layed the ground work for but was totally ignored by the later writes. The same with Ruby. The fate of the Knowby family was tragic and personal and Rubys role in everything before and after it mysterious. Making her a dark one was quite anti-climatic in my opinion.

Muzzlehatch

Loud Mouth Braggart
To be completely honest, I sincerely think it's time to let Evil Dead die, at least as live action film/television. It can still go on in comics, books, videogames and maybe even an animated series... But unless Sam Raimi comes back as both writer and director, I'm simply not interested in any live action Evil Dead anymore - be it a continuation, a reboot, a reimagining, a new remake, a sequel to the remake they already made or whatever.

The same here. But I also hate it when beloved franchises end on a low point. That‘s why I would love to get a last proper Indiana Jones movie just like I would hope for one last Sam / Bruce collaboration to send of Ash in blazing glory.

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
Geez-louise, guys. Just forget I said anything at all. With a bunch of parade-rainers like you around to sour the fanbase, it's a miracle the series even reached a third season.

Sorry to be a parade-rainer, but the series could have last much longer with better writers and characters. This is not the viewers fault if a series is not a success. This is because the makers failed to achieve something that caught the attention of the mass. That's all.

No need to be rude because some fans don't share your enthusiasm. Despite my negative beheviour over the series I'm still die-hard fans of the movies and collector. I did enjoyed the series at some point, but it was really not on par with the movies...Being a "fan" don't necessarily means that you must love everything. I'm not that kind of fan.

It did not reach my expecation after so many years of waiting. At some point it divided the fanbase , but at the end, everyone was respectul of others opinion. (If you go read all the reviews of the series here. you'll see a lot of divergeant opinions) For me the series is a love / hate thing and I'm not alone. I really would like to love this series as much as the movies, but they cut so many corners...It is not possible for me to fully enjoy it.

I know that a lots of people did enjoyed the series. I totally respect that. Some peoples who really know me are very surprised when I told them I did not really like the series....They know how much I love this franchise.

I think everybody here are welcomes to share their thoughts. ;)

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
IMO, it's less about how beloved the characters are than if they could get people to tune in for a spin-off.

BadAsh

S-Mart Clerk
It is pretty much a remake. Why not get the guy who played Dean in Supernatural?

Top Bottom