Evil Dead 2019 game theory

Its_Auto

S-Mart Clerk
OK, so we've all been keeping a keen eye on news regarding this one, from Bruce's early "we're doing a game, a whole immersive kinda dealio" comments (leading many to believe it was a VR title) up until the recent news from Bruce confirming that VR isn't the case at all, and that it is a full PC and console experience. But it's the smaller details that have me interested - namely one that may give us an indication of the game's setting: multiple times Bruce has passed comments such as "I said I retired from playing Ash, I never said anything about voicing him" along with "I'll be voicing Ash in the game, I wouldn't want anyone hamming it up!" but in a later comment, Bruce confirmed that the game "won't feature the original Ash". THIS is the detail I'm most curious about, and there's certainly two ways of reading this - the first being, that you could say the *original* Ash is the quiet, scared teenager from the original movie, and was Bruce's way of saying "hey, this isn't gonna be a serious survival horror game, but will have plenty of action featuring the loudmouthed broomstick-weilding braggart you know and love.. OR... is it in fact the case that we aren't seeing that Ash at all.. And the game is set entirely in the future Apocalypse where AvED season 3 left off, Battle Delta in tow? Consider that on April 5th, the 'Army of Darkness Defence' game was removed from both the apple and Google play store, with no explanation offered as to why.. I put it to you that the licence had expired, and the new game is not actually an Evil Dead game, but a new future apocalypse Army of Darkness game, featuring the new Mad Max style Ash... Either that... Of we are indeed getting a serious survival horror playing on the cabin being destroyed in AvED, creating a brand new timeline (and thus a young Ash who never saw his friends possessed and slaughtered) - but I can't see them going that route, as it may be too confusing for gamers who hadn't followed the show, whereas the future apocalypse game can take place either after AvED season 3, or after the Army of Darkness original ending, opening it up to a wider audience. Thoughts?

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
"I'll be voicing Ash in the game, I wouldn't want anyone hamming it up!" but in a later comment, Bruce confirmed that the game "won't feature the original Ash".

the fact is, Bruce likes to contradict his statements a lot. He's playing with the medias and fans to get more attention. You need to take this in consideration.

Since it's called "Evil Dead : The game" I don't expect it as a sequel of AoD or AvED

I have two guess on this :

1st) Bruce will simply be a different Ash. So It will be an "Evil Dead" game, but with a different storyline, events & time line (or many time lines...). So not related to any movies or series. It will be a stand alone game...kind of remake. Maybe something like a telltale game.

2st) The game will be something similar to the Friday the 13th game. It will feature different random characters. It will be an online game which players will need to survive the Evil Dead in the Cabin. The game will be narrated by Ash ( Bruce Campbell), which will make an appearance at some point (Unockable character). The funny moments will come from Ash comments during decapitation scenes....Just like a sport commentator.

this game concept leaves room to many updates and more unlockable characters (Pablo, Kelly, Anny, Scott. Linda etc... ) and maps location (Cabin from ED1 & 2, Value stop and more from AvsED...Maybe a Kandarian Castle? )

Bruce called the game "immersive" , so it's either one of the concept presented above....Both of the concept are not featuring the original Ash. They're all derivative...

Last edited:
Top Bottom