New Horror Films

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
This thread's self explanatory so please post news on interesting new horror films you've heard about here ..

I've just been involved with a conversation about the Evil Dead and someone's recommended 'May The Devil Take You' to me, a new film that looks to be heavily inspired by The Evil Dead .. old house in the remote woods overnight, dramatic demonic possession, creative looking camera work etc ..

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Book Of Monsters, a new British horror creature feature looks like a good laugh. We've got monsters, Peter Jackson type splatter, a chainsaw and a weird old book so it looks like good old fashioned switch your brain off fun ..

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
This review written by a friend of mine ..

Studio 666: Comedy Horror where Foo Fighters send themselves up. There is a sharp edge to the horror though: in the opening sequence set in 1993 peoples heads are beaten to a pulp with a hammer, later a band member is shoved head first into a barbecue grill, these disturbing scenes are unleavened with humour. Otherwise it's stoner fun as a roadie is electrocuted and a couple are chainsawed in half. Subsequent beheadings and skulls split by cymbals only provoke laughter. Dave Grohl is the main protagonist as the group record their new album in the house haunted by the ghosts of the 1993 band. Dave's songwriter's block spurs the narrative forward. Possession, a nosy neighbour, a mysterious gardener, a grimoire written on and bound in human skin along with standard horror film tropes and cliches are mercilessly parodied. John Carpenter supplies some of the music and has a cameo as a sound engineer. Good fun if a tad too long at 106 minutes. Directed by B. J. McDonnell from a screenplay by Jeff Buhler and Rebecca Hughes. 7/10.

Studio 666 (Official Trailer) - YouTube

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
I need to get off my butt and watch Studio 666 - it'll be sadder in light of the recent passing of Taylor Hawkins, though.

Top Bottom