Ash vs Evil Dead Season 3 General Discussion Thread

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
Well, now it's official and it's a bit sad indeed, but personally, it's more a big relief than anything else.

I do not want this post to be negative at all, but the show deserved the rating it got over the years. You can blame Starz or anyone in the distribution/promotion for the lack of supports and success. But at the end, this is the way they decided to produce the show. Same thing about the creators : They decided the formula and many others things, so they need to live with it. I know that the AvED crew will heavily put emphasize on piracy. I just call BS over all statements about this. AvED is not the only show by Starz, Aved is not the only pirated show in the world. So please, stop thinking this show was so unique and deserved more than any other shows which performs well. This was the fruits of their labor and deserved any thumbs up or down that goes with it. It did good on many levels, it did also bad on many levels. People, fans and crews will need to accept it...as it is.

They at least managed to do a quallity show (technically at least). It was still very entertaining for some parts. This show is far from perfect but as a die hard fans, I will surely watch it again, and again....

Now that being said,

The saddest thing is, this will probably be the last time we will see Bruce Campbell as Ash. If we get any more we will be very lucky. I just think this is what it sadden me the most.

At least, it seem we will get an END to this series. Many series ends without any proper ending. We have a chance to get another COMPLETE trilogy.

I don't know if we will have more Evil Dead related stuff in the future. I guess the beast need to go back so slieep for another few years.

R.I.P AvED....

Last edited:

Elise41

Spinach Chin
Staff member
About the piracy, yes, Starz did NOT care much about providing any affordable access to outside the U.S. That I agree with. I pay $70 a month when it airs to legally support it so yes.

BUT you cannot deny that there was a lot of fans refusing to pay the $9 a month for three months, saying that they could not afford it, and then spending their money elsewhere. This was happening 100% for sure. People were arguing that they can't justify another subscription but want the show and just pirate it instead.

It's plain and simple. If you pirated this show in the U.S. instead of a $9 a month for three months then this show is not important to you. And if you get enraged at Starz for cancelling it then you have no right. If there was a better alternative in the UK, I'm sure that it would have done so well over there. The fans there are nuts for the show!

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
Aww, I felt like it was coming but it's still sad. I'm going to miss the discussion and analysis here.

I'll come back with actual analysis sometime in the future about what happened sometime in the future.

Kevin

Loud Mouth Braggart
I am pretty sure this is 'it' for Evil Dead with Bruce Campbell. May be it for Evil Dead in general. Unless Netflix or someone was willing to do more of the show, I don't think Bruce Campbell will try anymore and I can't say that I blame him. He loved doing this show.

I think we just witnessed the death of the Evil Dead franchise for good this time (outside of comics and stuff like that).

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
End of era. Maybe it's time I retire the site? It's been over 20 years...

MaidOfKandar

Staff member

NOOO! I think the site has plenty of merit, Kain! There'll still be new fannish content for years to come, in the form of re-releases, comic books and merch!

Surtur

Loud Mouth Braggart
I’m sure Bruce has just been a little bitter with the news recently, but remember a while back he said he was on board to play Ash as long as there was an audience for it. I don’t think the ratings on Starz, which is easily the least useful of the 3 premium networks including HBO and Shotime, indicate the number of true fans out there. I personally know a few people who buy the AvED Blu rays and love the show, but won’t go out of their way to subscribe to Starz. I too find it extremely unlikely, but if the show is REALLY doing that well on Netflix and Starz lets it go, that’s the only possibility I could see happening. My wish would be a final movie.

However I am a realist and these are just dreams. All signs point to Ash driving off into the sunset but I’ve been proven wrong before

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky

It is the news we all expected, but didn't want to hear.

I've got news for you. A big chunk of the fanbase resides outside the US, and the cost to watch the show legally for those fans is much more than $9/month. Starz is very, very much to blame for failing to make the show accessible for those who don't subscribe to cable tv, which is probably a large portion of this show's demographic.

That is what I tried to explain to a member of the Bringbacktheboomstick movement who responded by saying if these people were real fans they would find a way to support the show by any means. It was not only insulting to the fans in other places who had to pay more than just $9, and preferred not to have to sale any internal organs/first born in the process.... but it sure does seem like those same people are now more upset about the end of their celebrity status than the end of all things Evil Dead. This is sad news as a fan for many years, but there will always be the original trilogy and an amazing cast and crew of this show to support in other projects as they have been so cool much like the crew from other Renaissance Pictures shows like Xena.

If it happens I might quit the internet(s) as I have been here daily since 2004.

Last edited:

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
I may just keep it around as an archive site. We'll see.

Honestly I hope you'll keep the board open for us too, cause we've got a good community going here, and we can always talk about any new projects that come out of the pipeline, like we talked about Oz when it came out, and we can talk about any series Bruce might do in the future, etc. I know I'll help and do whatever I can to help you defray work and costs! But I will support any decision you make, Kain!

@Joem1k I did not notice ancestral!Sam and Rob and Bruce in that painting and now I can't stop laughing.

Panos

S-Mart Clerk
Can't say im surprised.

However its still sad if this is the last we see of Ash and The Evil Dead...

Surtur

Loud Mouth Braggart
Heh, there’s already 4 petitions on change.org for Netflix to pick the series up. I realllllly don’t see this happening but what the hell Ill sign them all

Elise41

Spinach Chin
Staff member
Kain I can understand wanting to quit the site but the community has always appreciated it and this forum is the single best non Facebook discussion area there is (and Facebook is full of non moderated material let's just say). Keep the site going, the loyal fans will always be here for years to come.

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
I've got T-Shirts older than that, you just need to re watch the original mate for all to come back into focus .. posts here constantly talking about like for like seasonal adjustment ratings and so on is the main reason I haven't been contributing to it because I don't want to think about the mechanics/ dissect the goose that lays the golden egg .. whatever you decide, I'll back you but there's still legs in Deadites ..

Kevin

Loud Mouth Braggart
I may just keep it around as an archive site. We'll see.

Might be worth at least waiting until a few weeks after the final episodes to air to see what Bruce Campbell and co. say about the future of the franchise in interviews and such. It's always possible that when the dust settles, they could search for a new home for the franchise. While I find it very unlikely that anyone will pick this show up elsewhere, it may be worth waiting until there is 100% confirmation from Bruce Campbell that the franchise is dead and that they have no more plans to continue beyond season 3 of the show.

I will admit that I joined this site and check it daily as an Evil Dead fan searching for news and discussion on the show and other Evil Dead content. If it's true that the franchise is indeed 100% dead then I know the discussions here will more or less die and there will be little reason for me to continue posting and visiting here.

I greatly respect and appreciate the work that you and others have done in the name of the Evil Dead and so my words are offered with the upmost appreciation attached. As busy as my life is, I know that if there is no news to look forward to then I likely won't visit/post. However I would suggest not closing down this site until we have a better picture of what is going on with the franchise. Wait for a few interviews with Bruce and everyone else to see if there is any discussions about saving this show or more movies. If the answer is a flat out no then you can choose if you want to shut down the site, leave it as an archive or whatever works best for you and everyone else here.

I've seen a lot of shows I like get canceled but Ash VS Evil Dead is nearly at the top of my list of "biggest hit to me personally" and I even found myself depressed lately and even teary eyed here and there but the franchise has always meant a lot to me since I was a kid. I hate that crap like Roseanne can easily scoop in tens of millions in ratings (along with every single police procedural in existence) and yet creative products like Ash VS Evil Dead can't even get 1/5 of a single million. Sucks but tis is life and the bad taste that people seem to have in media.

Thanks again for all the hard work you and everyone else has done here on the Deadites.net forums. I will continue to poke around on here for some time while waiting to see what happens to the Evil Dead franchise and hoping for a small miracle I don't think will ever come!

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
Even back in the dark ages of Evil Dead fandom when there wasn't much going on aside from a couple of video games to go along with the endless speculation of whether, or not we would ever see an Evil Dead 4 there was still a lot of other great conversations going on here at Deadites. I'm guessing that with the 40th anniversary of the original coming up in a few years they will manage to find a way to squeeze out another special edition Blu-ray/DVD along with something big for Ash vs Evil Dead too. Someone has to have some extra footage.

Last edited:

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Kain I can understand wanting to quit the site but the community has always appreciated it and this forum is the single best non Facebook discussion area there is (and Facebook is full of non moderated material let's just say). Keep the site going, the loyal fans will always be here for years to come.

100 percent how I feel!

It's worthwhile to note that even between seasons, we did have stuff to chew over that came out of the franchise - comic books, Halloween Horror Nights stuff, re-releases and merch. There's also the loose possibility that there'll be a sequel to the remake. Even if Bruce says AvEd means there'll be no more Ash that doesn't mean the community won't want a place to chat!

Last edited:

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Sooo, i just took a peak at the finale promo. (I know, bad)

But,jesus fucking christ, bruce was not kidding at all. That shit looks fucking insane.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom