Ash vs Evil Dead Season 3 General Discussion Thread

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Well what did we expect to happen when you have WRESTLEMANIA and again THE WALKING DEAD happening on that same day, there is no winning or gaining viewership on that air date with a stacked entertainment card like that. Starz needs to learn how to schedule their shows better and not expect a lightning in a bottle miracle with viewership with every show they make and schedule the show in a time slot that would better suite it and it would actually garner some viewership in a time slot perfect for that type of show.

But in the case of ash vs evil dead, they are basically putting the show and this franchise in the grave at this point, there is no way they expected it to do well in that time slot and actually compete with the likes of those two super heavyweight shows. It's complete and utter bullshit, plain and simple.

Last edited:

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
Last edited:

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin

I'm just wondering how the characters will get back to life after a good stabbing in the back and in guts with a dagger...My first tought, : No need to go in that rift when you can time travel. Mmm... The only explanation I have so far is, they will have a brand new body and a second life when they escape the rift. Anyway, I'm very curious to see how they will escape from this.

waifugenerator

S-Mart Clerk
I'm soooooo glad that they used the clip of Knowby in the rift from ED2, it's a great way to tie the Rift back into the films. Zoe looks like she'll have a decent role too which is a pleasant surprise

Surtur

Loud Mouth Braggart
I find myself just rewatching this show over and over. I sit down with a beer at night not really knowing what to watch, ending up just turning on Netflix and doing AVED, eve though I have the blu rays. One thing this show has going for it is it’s replay value, I’ve watched all of season 3 three times now and still find it exciting. It’s funny how it has that feel of an old timey show like I Love Lucy where you can just sit down and watch a re-run and get totally engrossed. Tonight I rewatched episode 308 followed by 207, the first asylum episode, staying up way too late since I couldn’t turn it off. 2 episodes left and it’s setting in, I’m going to miss this show.

Mardeadite

Loud Mouth Braggart
I thought the asylum episodes were particularly good. Not to knock the others.

They actually did something a bit different, with them . Different for Evil Dead, anyway. I do remember an episode with similar themes in Buffy (she wakes up on an asylum or hospital of some kind and it's told her experiences were delusions. Farscape did something like that too.) but they did something a bit different in ED. You really get to see Dana's acting chops in that one too.

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
giphy.gif

Man thinking about this whole situation in hindsight, it really put's it in to perspective how fucked this upcoming situation is.

Here we have a 50 something year old man going through his mid life crisis trying to protect and keep his daughter alive and raise her the best he can and is now about to take on some 50 Ft tall kandarian demon godzilla type creature and if he doesn't win this battle. Earth is doomed to be run over and stomped on by evil

If i'm a betting man, the odd's are not in earth's favor, like this makes what the avengers are about to go through look like a cake walk in comparison, they have a whole army of heroes while we have this 50 year old out of shape hardware manager as our only hope.

giphy.gif

We're doomed.

Last edited:

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
I hope you guys are ready for:

Get ready to roll your eyes at the iPhone deadite :D

I was wondering when they would toy around with the modern technology stuff with the evil force, i honestly can't wait to see it now. Yeah, it's a modern thing but it's like come on,this is evil dead and we have a force of evil that can possess anything and shape it into it's own dastardly things. Why is a iphone off limits, anywho it will be interesting to see how they pull this one off.

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
I was wondering when they would toy around with the modern technology stuff with the evil force, i honestly can't wait to see it now. Yeah, it's a modern thing but it's like come on,this is evil dead and we have a force of evil that can possess anything and shape it into it's own dastardly things. Why is a iphone off limits, anywho it will be interesting to see how they pull this one off.

We can actually see 2 second of the possessed Iphone in one of the trailer. Brandy got her thumb bitten.

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
@Kain

I'm less bothered by iphone Deadites (since we established they can control modern tech in season 1 when Kelly got that call from her dad) than the spoilers you've been dropping RE Ruby. If her whole reign as big bad turns out to be utterly pointless, I will rage.

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
@MaidOfKandar

I honestly really don't care at this point and i'm probably will be the least effected by her depature, it's at this point i just wanna see ruby get what's coming to her and we see the actual big bad's come into play. like the actual dark ones, ruby at this point is just small fry compared to what's being shown with these guys. And they ain't fucking around not one bit if the ending of that promo was any indication. They are bringing out the big gun for ole Ashley j Williams

Kevin

Loud Mouth Braggart
While I feel the chances are quite high the show will get canceled, I feel like I am on the edge of my seat on a daily basis waiting for confirmation one way or another if there will be a season 4 or not...

Top Bottom