Ash vs Evil Dead Season 3 General Discussion Thread

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
I feel like the plotting with Ruby has been sloppy from the beginning, from the second they slotted her in and had to work around Lucy's Salem schedule. When they found out they had a second season there seemed to be plotting panic. The massively sloppy work about her backstory, the cowardly way they pressed the reset button last year; Ruby has the most potential out of all of the characters and I still find the way they write her a disappointment. At least Pablo (as of season 2) and Kelly's promise (as of this season) has been fulfilled so far.

Also wait what

They're having Brandy stay in Cheryl's room, which Brock basically kept as a shrine to her?! Like what?! Why not give the kid Brock's room, at least that's been recently lived in!

Wow, they're not holding back any spoilers at all good God. This is their b-roll season summary that'll be on the DVD but wow. Can we please show some restraint, Starz? At least the CGI on the Final Demon looks really good.

But again - why the hell does Ruby need her kid to be the new savior?! SHE WROTE THE BOOK. SHE'S REWRITTEN THE BOOK. The canon reset shouldn't have changed her knowledge that she can rewrite the book with someone's blood. Just dunk your finger in some schmoe's blood and change yer fate.

"Wait, isn't that the name of a beer?!"

I too am excited for the Ruby/Kelly showdown.

Also Dalton being a time-traveling soldier from the 1300s is at least a neat twist.

Randomly, I always get whiplash whenever I hear Arielle's real accent. "OH YEAH SHE'S ACTUALLY FROM THE UK"
As for you SPOILER WHAT? .. comment, I think that's suitably twisted and flat out wrong in all good ways for the Evil Dead universe.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
As for you SPOILER WHAT? .. comment, I think that's suitably twisted and flat out wrong in all good ways for the Evil Dead universe.

True! You'd think after the beheading Ash wouldn't want anything to do with it though. I hope there's a flicker of emotion when he opens that door again.

@Joem1k That one is fun! (Also I need to learn how to embed Tweets, it keeps turning up as raw data whenever I try).

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
True! You'd think after the beheading Ash wouldn't want anything to do with it though. I hope there's a flicker of emotion when he opens that door again.

I'm sure considering this ash he will probably be like "a rooms a room" and give her that one not on purpose but it being a room that he thinks she wouldn't mind sleeping in.

Last edited:

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky

Ahh, yes. Good ol' Playboy in which everyone reads the articles now because they stopped doing nudity.

Thanks for the heads up GQSioux .. Evil Dead in the notorious infamous Playboy ! .. wow .. although I can't read the text for some reason.

It starts with an ad that pops up asking you if you want to download a digital copy of the first issue while also blurring the text, and it keeps popping up when you scroll to the top. Now I can't resist mentioning how Playboy and pop ups used to go hand in hand, hahaha.

Crow550

S-Mart Clerk
Uh oh then as many are complaining about Hulu's new UI design. I mean people threatening to cancel Hulu because of how difficult the new UI is.... Not good....

I hope they offer a Season pass for this.... Makes sense if the main viewership appears to be from Disc & digital sales....

They need to do a better job to advertise ways to view Season 3 and let people know.

This site should also do a News story that covers all the basis for viewing Season 3 as well.... I asked to do this to let people know when Season 2 dropped but was sadly ignored.

Hope for the best. We gotta let Starz know they need to improve ways that fans can watch & support the show.

Is the site gonna cover ways to view Season 3 legally?

Also not on Hulu. Don't know what the Starz Hulu deal was about? I guess it was for one show?

Any Season 3 passes? I don't see any?

Looks like $9 for Starz is the only way. Still plenty of peeps who don't even know Starz has a streaming option!

Heck I talked to more people who discovered Season 1 & 2 on Netflix....

I hope Season 3 does well and develops more plot wise.

I think this show has a similar issue that Stan Against Evil has.... Well Stan is actually worse as Starz does have streaming at least.

Kevin

Loud Mouth Braggart
Yeah I was hoping that some folks from this site and elsewhere could help promote the show more on the front page, twitter, etc. Really want this season NOT to tank and immediately lead to cancellation and no more Evil Dead universe. So if anyone here has the means to help support this show and actually want a season four, I would suggest to throw your full force behind this season and convincing folks to watch it and support Starz. Otherwise this may be it for the Evil Dead brand according to Bruce Campbell.

Elise41

Spinach Chin
Staff member
I am most definitely doing my part by advertising multiple times options and ways to support the show on my website and my pointing this out in multiple Facebook groups. The people who seem to be the most discouraged are the ones outside the U.S. and I get that. It's more expensive for non-Americans to support the show.

Kevin

Loud Mouth Braggart
Yeah I've posted on twitter, convince at least one of my friends to support the show via Starz, created official threads on websites like ResetEra, posted in the comment sections of many YouTube videos, etc. It's easily one of my favorite shows on tv and I really don't want to see it canceled.

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
I'm just a regular guy, but I have been trying to share everything AvED as much as possible on social media to help get the word out to my small... but very cool group of friends and followers. As well as via hashtag, and I couldn't help noticing while on Twitter earlier that there were an inordinate number of people sharing articles and thoughts about the show.

/Get Starz
//Tell your friends
///Spread the wealth by giving subscriptions and/or dvds as birthday gifts

Last edited:

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Thanks for the heads up GQSioux .. Evil Dead in the notorious infamous Playboy ! .. wow .. although I can't read the text for some reason.

This is totally how I felt when I found out Bruce did an interview in Hustler of all things to promote the show.

One last set visit article, spoilers attendant.

That Ruby promo's pretty neat!

As for promotion on the front page, you could try to DM Kain directly to discuss the subject; I know we do post articles to the front every time the season restarts on the day. I have a thread pinned on FYeah Bruce with the info and always post when a new episode hits the app and OnDemand.

@Crow - I'm pretty sure it must've been for just one show, which is a bit of a waste. The show getting on Netflix has been a decent boon, but we'll see if that translates to numbers.

Last edited:

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Just letting everyone know they should corral their reviews over in the Episode Discussion Thread to avoid spoiling those who can't watch the episode immediately!

This thread will stay pinned and open for general series talk, as well as ratings news.

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
This is totally how I felt when I found out Bruce did an interview in Hustler of all things to promote the show.

One last set visit article, spoilers attendant.

That Ruby promo's pretty neat!

As for promotion on the front page, you could try to DM Kain directly to discuss the subject; I know we do post articles to the front every time the season restarts on the day. I have a thread pinned on FYeah Bruce with the info and always post when a new episode hits the app and OnDemand.

@Crow - I'm pretty sure it must've been for just one show, which is a bit of a waste. The show getting on Netflix has been a decent boon, but we'll see if that translates to numbers.
Meh .. I've got no problems with Bruce Campbell doing interviews and/or being included in Hustler or Playboy, The Evil Dead from its very birth has also never been about liberal attitudes (and me and Kain have sometimes chatted behind the scenes over the last 18 years or so about this and that), my wow word was because I'm surprised and delighted Playboy's still going after Hugh Heff's death .. :cool: .. people like looking at naked people .. and gore .. and laughing etc ..

I've been forced to watch season 1 and half of season 2 illegally online so far .. just like my bootleg VHS copy of The Evil Dead in the early 80's because the woman who owned the video rental shop we'd bunk off school so we could watch it wouldn't sell it to me (my first ever copy) ... because the UK police were still all over it .. I now own loads of legitimate copies in all formats that Raimi and Co will have earned cash from and also the DVD for season 1 of Ash V Evil Dead until I get around to buying the season 2 DVD etc .. the deliberate SJW/snowflake/millenial/whatever label that describes wimps these days ? .. I don't watch any of these new TV episodes with an acceptability note pad check list on my lap .. 'she' was called Mary Whitehouse, she was involved in trying to get The Evil Dead aborted and she failed.

I remember online speculation from about 15 years ago about Rob Tapert being a potential misogynist re: the tree rape scene, the slave women in chains in Army Of Darkness, the woman chained/tied into the tree top in The Gift ... yet, Lucy Lawless and Rob's wife is an independent woman staging a real life media publicised protest on top of an offshore oil well, creating her Xena persona and is now doing a great and popular amongst fans job as Ruby in Ash V Evil Dead .. the whole point of The Evil Dead stuff has always been to push boundaries and long may that continue (including floppy pierced corpse cocks).

Last edited:

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Meh .. I've got no problems with Bruce Campbell doing interviews and/or being included in Hustler or Playboy

And neither did I! I was just amused that he finally did an interview with them. He's done multiple interviews with Playboy and I think one with Penthouse before, which was why my reaction. Man finally scored the trifecta.

As for the political side of things, that's one of those debates that Never Leads Good Places on The Internet, so I won't go there. I will say that I believe Evil Dead is for anyone willing to engage with the movies and material, and that Bruce has always said as much on his Twitter.

I would also add that the video nasty trial (and its American twin, the PMRC hearing) were definitely a reaction from conservative parents to their more liberal children's behavior and choices in entertainment consumption that thankfully ended up turning out well for people who believe in freedom of speech and allowing artists to express themselves fully without recompense.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
And on an entirely different subject, Fright Rags have officially announced their AvED merchandise line.

Top Bottom